Hooking up my ISSPRO EV2 Gauges....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
AmericanMade
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooking up my ISSPRO EV2 Gauges....

Hello everyone,

So I'm finally getting the chance to install my new EV2 gauges from Riffraff/Isspro as well as the GPR LED.

Now everything seems fairly straight forward except for my lack of experience with wiring...

Sooo my question(s) is where do I/you all get power for the gauges? Where do you tap into for the dimmer function? and how do you tap into the lines (cut and splice, butt connector, solder....)...?

I bought with the kit the potentiometer for "ease of install" and I like the options it has for lighting and such.... but where would said dimmer location be to hook this all up too? There are three options when it comes to dimmer control, and I was thinking of hooking it up such that they are controlled by the dimmer switch in the dash, and I can turn them down even further. Or should I do the second option where the lighting function is independent for from the dash lighting? (the third option is to have the gauge lighting completed independent of the dash lighting and controlled by the pot, this is easy but wondering about the other options) So where are these locations wires) in the headlight switch?

Thank you all for your help! Also any tips or tricks you might have for daisy chaining the gauges together is VERY appreciated.

-Jon

Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
To get the power for the gauges. Find a "key on" circuit in your fuse box and tie in to that. The dimmer wire your looking for is on the back of your headlight switch, it's blue with a red stripe iirc. Your best bet for connections is to solder them. Enjoy those new gauges!

Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AmericanMade
Hello everyone,

So I'm finally getting the chance to install my new EV2 gauges from Riffraff/Isspro as well as the GPR LED.

Now everything seems fairly straight forward except for my lack of experience with wiring...

Sooo my question(s) is where do I/you all get power for the gauges? Where do you tap into for the dimmer function? and how do you tap into the lines (cut and splice, butt connector, solder....)...?

I bought with the kit the potentiometer for "ease of install" and I like the options it has for lighting and such.... but where would said dimmer location be to hook this all up too? There are three options when it comes to dimmer control, and I was thinking of hooking it up such that they are controlled by the dimmer switch in the dash, and I can turn them down even further. Or should I do the second option where the lighting function is independent for from the dash lighting? (the third option is to have the gauge lighting completed independent of the dash lighting and controlled by the pot, this is easy but wondering about the other options) So where are these locations wires) in the headlight switch?

Thank you all for your help! Also any tips or tricks you might have for daisy chaining the gauges together is VERY appreciated.

-Jon
I also have the same set up with the potentiometer. My only suggestion would be to put that **** in an out of the way spot. Once you calibrate it to your dash lighting, you will rarely need it again. I put mine off to the side of the dash to the left of the light switch.(As pictured below). It wasn't until after I had everything hooked up, did I realize I could have placed it more out of the way. Not too big of a deal though. As far as chaining them together, just take your time and double check the diagram and sequence. I rushed it and got one of my gauge plugs wired backwards, so it slowed me down a tad. Other than that, it's a relatively easy deal. Good luck with it and have fun.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 AM
AmericanMade
Junior User
The "instructions" suggest a 3 amp fuse.... Is there one in the ignition source through the fuse block? Or should I get another fuse and tie it in line?

thanks guys!

-Jon

Old 08-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at photos #31 and #32 of this link. That's how I got my power and lights hooked up.

Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke

Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 AM
jcobb124
Senior User
Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke

I followed these, and it was a piece a cake! Enjoy!!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
jcobb124
Senior User
Ha ha Pony Boy, I guess I should've read the thread... I just noticed that we posted the same thing, back to back.