Sponsored by: Moser

trying to determinie value of 1976 F-150 King Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by carter1984
It's actually a Supercab, with a bench backseat.
So it is nothing more than a 1/2 ton Supercab, nothing rare about it really.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:50 AM
KrautBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a 1976 F-150 King Cab with a little over 100K miles on it. It seems to be a rarity as I can find no information on this particular model (there is tons of info on regular cab models from this year). I am trying to determine a value of the vehicle. Seems like it would make a sweet restoration project, but before I go sinking money into I want to find out a little more about its value.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!
It's actually a Supercab, with a bench backseat. Sorry...that was just my vehicle ignorance coming through.
search the term SuperCab

FWIW,
I paid $650 for my 77 F250 Supercab (460) with 135K miles
(and the main fuel tank was even full)

I feel I got a "Smokin' Deal"
just out of curiosity, I posted it on CraigsList for like $3K, got lots of responses
several "Soft Offers" for $2K

I'm fairly confident I could sell mine for $2500, but it would take some time (as not a whole lot of people are looking for old work trucks that get crappy fuel milage)

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/g...autBurner.html

Edit:
I looked mine up on NADA 1977 Ford F250 Custom 3/4 Ton Styleside Supercab Prices, Values & Specs - NADAguides

I would consider my truck to be a solid "Daily Driver" and more or less "Low Retail"

of course, this is for "Classic" vehicles
implying it's more than just a work truck
and assuming it has some collecable value

Origional MSRP: $5013
Low Retail: $3150
Mid: $7,700
High Retail: $12,525

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.
* "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
carter1984
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info! Great looking truck. Mine isn't in as great an exterior condition, but is mechanically sound. I'm thinking I am going to have to sell since I have had some medical issues and need to pay some bills, but I hate to part with it. Its kinda my dream to restore it.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM
KrautBurner
Elder User
where are you located?
hows the market for trucks in your area?

look at craigslist, search +/- 5 years, Supercabs
see what others are listing them for, look each week, and take note of how often some are getting re-posted.

adjust your price from there

Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 PM
carter1984
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just outside of Charlotte NC. Unfortunately our craiglists postings are dominated by car dealerships, so even if a vehicle gets listed it falls to the 2 or third page within minutes of posting. I am thinking I might have better luck with a national listing on ebay if I am going to sell it. I think it would make an excellent restoration project, which is one of the reasons I bought it in the first place. If i could figure out how to post images here I would.

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:53 PM
KrautBurner
Elder User
I'm just outside of Charlotte NC. Unfortunately our craiglists postings are dominated by car dealerships, so even if a vehicle gets listed it falls to the 2 or third page within minutes of posting. I am thinking I might have better luck with a national listing on ebay if I am going to sell it. I think it would make an excellent restoration project, which is one of the reasons I bought it in the first place. If i could figure out how to post images here I would.

as far as posting pics hereat the top, there should be a button that says "GARAGE"go in there, set up a description, and upload photos from your computeryou may also be able to get to it from your USER CP pannel.or you can setup a PhotoBucket account.everyone loves to see pics !!!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
brian1080
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I paid $600 for my 4x4 Scab with a rusted out body/bed but great running 351m/4spd. I then paid $800 for my 2wd with not near the rust, great running 460/auto with A/C (lariat package). I've seen a few more in comparable condition to my 2wd for around $1500. Don't see hardly any 4x4s around here, so they go for a little more.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Post 14 0n the first page tells how to post pic's. Here it is again Bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.