Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Junior User

Truck451 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Motorhome Chassis

Will the Boss V8 eventually replace the Modular V10 in the motorhome chassis?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Post Fiend

dkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to behold
I doubt the 6.2l will. If Ford builds a larger displacement V8 than the 6.2l it will probably replace the V10 eventually.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Elder User

supeRobertduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
The F-53 Motorhome chassis will stay with the V-10 for now , The rumor is a 7.0 litre (v-8) based on th 6.2 will be out to replace the v-10.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Freshman User

danger fx4 ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty View Post
The F-53 Motorhome chassis will stay with the V-10 for now , The rumor is a 7.0 litre (v-8) based on th 6.2 will be out to replace the v-10.
A 7.0? Is Ford going to revive the big block? Do you have any additional info?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Elder User

Louisville Joe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
From what I understand, the Ford stripped motorhome chassis will continue to use the 6.8L 2 valve V-10, and is not scheduled to get the 6.2L 'Boss' anytime soon. The 'Boss' will not fit in the E series, so it will not be used in the E series cutaway motorhome chassis. The 7.0L version of the 'Boss' is a race only engine, and is not scheduled for production. I would not be surprised if at some time in the future versions of the 'Boss' will be used in vehicles other than Super Duty pickups. BTW- if you are looking at class A motorhomes, I would go with the Workhorse Chassis.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Elder User

supeRobertduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe View Post
From what I understand, the Ford stripped motorhome chassis will continue to use the 6.8L 2 valve V-10, and is not scheduled to get the 6.2L 'Boss' anytime soon. The 'Boss' will not fit in the E series, so it will not be used in the E series cutaway motorhome chassis. The 7.0L version of the 'Boss' is a race only engine, and is not scheduled for production. I would not be surprised if at some time in the future versions of the 'Boss' will be used in vehicles other than Super Duty pickups. BTW- if you are looking at class A motorhomes, I would go with the Workhorse Chassis.
1) The F-53 Motorhome Chassis is and has been 3v- V10

2) E series van 2v-V10

3) 6.2 Will fit in E-series no problem

4) 7.0 will be a prodution engine, It will be a stroked verson of the 6.2 with same bore spacing. This motor would be out now but FORD wants to push the new and very costly to design 6.7 Diesel and the 7.0 litre gas would not help that plan right now.
The next refresh of the Superduty when the 6.7 is a few years old,then a new 7.0 h.d gas motor will show up.
Thats the paln for now
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Post Fiend

dkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to behold
If you look at the bore/stroke specs for the 6.2l you'll see Ford left quite a bit of room for more displacement.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Elder User

Louisville Joe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty View Post
1) The F-53 Motorhome Chassis is and has been 3v- V10

2) E series van 2v-V10

3) 6.2 Will fit in E-series no problem

4) 7.0 will be a prodution engine, It will be a stroked verson of the 6.2 with same bore spacing. This motor would be out now but FORD wants to push the new and very costly to design 6.7 Diesel and the 7.0 litre gas would not help that plan right now.
The next refresh of the Superduty when the 6.7 is a few years old,then a new 7.0 h.d gas motor will show up.
Thats the paln for now
Right on the F-53 chassis, I was looking at old information. As for the E-series, the story I was told was that the Boss is too wide, just like the 3 valve Tritons. Ford could redesign the E to take the Boss, but the E series is going to be phased out, so 2 valve Tritons will be the only engines offered. The 7.0L version of the Boss that showed up in some of the magazines was from Rousch Racing. Again, story I was told was it was not production. The Boss block is easily large enough to make a 7.0L, but with fuel economy standards coming for heavy duty trucks, don't expect to see anything larger than 6.2L. Also, there are some people at Ford who already want to replace the Boss engine with a larger version of the 5.0L Coyote, and there is a possibility that no further development work will be done on the Boss. You have to admit it really doesn't make much sense to produce 2 different V-8 engine families. For some strange reason the Boss will not replace the 3 valve V-10 in the F-450 and 550. I asked when the Boss would be used in the larger Super Duty trucks and was told it is not planned. Since I don't work for Ford, I can't say how true any of this is, but my sources are usually right. Usually!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 PM