1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Converter decision, need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nah, you just have to make them think that they are happy then its considered job security............

Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, either way Luke is outta luck.

Cowboy Steve

Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
what does the paper clip next to the post mean on the man page?

Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
It means that there is a link, video, or pic, etc., posted in this thread.

Cowboy Steve

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
ah i never would have guessed

Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
ShayB
Freshman User
The PI convertor is a great convertor.

My guess is that Steve probably sat at a light or on the dyno, boosting up for a long time. What that does is drain the convertor. Not good, no matter what convertor you have. Do you have a built tranny, or just an aftermarket convertor? Yes, that does make a difference.

There are some great aftermarket performance parts out there, but you gotta be smart in how you use them and how you take care of them. Period.

Another thing to keep in mind is....when Brian at BTS installs a PI convertor in his tranny builds there are some things that need to be done correctly. That is why you have an experienced installer handling things. When Brian ships a rebuilt tranny out, the PI convertor is already seated in there, he asks you not to touch it. I saw an article in I think Diesel Power Magazine about a BTS tranny install. The first thing they did was take the convertor out of the tranny. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Why mess with what a professional has done?
And, I do work on my trucks myself, with help from friends that is. My tranny though, is a very important component and I do not know enough to build one myself, so I sought out the best and got it. Everything else on our two PSDs, we have installed ourselves.

Steve,
I'd like to know about your truck. What performance parts do you have on it? Did you install them yourself? It not, who did? How long have you had these parts on it? Have you ran on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, dyno? If so, what were your numbers, what dyno did you run on, where the numbers corrected or uncorrected and where were the numbers recorded? Fuel only? Do you have videos?

I know trucks. I've ridden in more high horsepower trucks than most out there. From 600 hp PSDs to Maddog's 1,000 hp Cummins. I know what they feel like and I know what these guys have gone through to get them to that point. It's not as easy as many think, if you are doing it right.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Johndeere9610
New User
I would say that luke is a top notch guy. if he had a shop customer service would not be a problem. I know he went 3 hours out of his way to unload his truck and load mine and haul me home when I had an injector o-ring go out on the side of the road.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
WuShock
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShayB
The PI convertor is a great convertor.

My guess is that Steve probably sat at a light or on the dyno, boosting up for a long time. What that does is drain the convertor. Not good, no matter what convertor you have. Do you have a built tranny, or just an aftermarket convertor? Yes, that does make a difference.

There are some great aftermarket performance parts out there, but you gotta be smart in how you use them and how you take care of them. Period.

Another thing to keep in mind is....when Brian at BTS installs a PI convertor in his tranny builds there are some things that need to be done correctly. That is why you have an experienced installer handling things. When Brian ships a rebuilt tranny out, the PI convertor is already seated in there, he asks you not to touch it. I saw an article in I think Diesel Power Magazine about a BTS tranny install. The first thing they did was take the convertor out of the tranny. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Why mess with what a professional has done?
And, I do work on my trucks myself, with help from friends that is. My tranny though, is a very important component and I do not know enough to build one myself, so I sought out the best and got it. Everything else on our two PSDs, we have installed ourselves.

Steve,
I'd like to know about your truck. What performance parts do you have on it? Did you install them yourself? It not, who did? How long have you had these parts on it? Have you ran on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, dyno? If so, what were your numbers, what dyno did you run on, where the numbers corrected or uncorrected and where were the numbers recorded? Fuel only? Do you have videos?

I know trucks. I've ridden in more high horsepower trucks than most out there. From 600 hp PSDs to Maddog's 1,000 hp Cummins. I know what they feel like and I know what these guys have gone through to get them to that point. It's not as easy as many think, if you are doing it right.
Sorry Shay, although your words are all wise. You are giving this guy way too much credit. If the truth were actually told... I would be willing to bet he put a PI converter in his stock trans even though everybody knows that isn't the smartest thing to do. The trans grenades and took his PI converter out when this happened. Instead of calling Terry and telling him what happened and getting his converter rebuilt for free (or at a great discount) he panicked.

This guy just isn't smart enough to know the truth. We have all seen it happen more than a few times.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 PM
glasseater
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WuShock
Sorry Shay, although your words are all wise. You are giving this guy way too much credit. If the truth were actually told... I would be willing to bet he put a PI converter in his stock trans even though everybody knows that isn't the smartest thing to do. The trans grenades and took his PI converter out when this happened. Instead of calling Terry and telling him what happened and getting his converter rebuilt for free (or at a great discount) he panicked.

This guy just isn't smart enough to know the truth. We have all seen it happen more than a few times.
ouch lol and by the way i like all these new guys on the forums!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WuShock

Bwaaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha, your almost as funny as Luke is. You dont know anything about me, my truck, or what it consists of. You only know what others tell you, you only know what others allow you to hear. Run along son, and let the big dawgs scrap for awhile. Wouldn't want you to get into something you couldn't handle

Cowboy Steve

Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
glasseater
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powerstroked162
Bwaaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha, your almost as funny as Luke is. You dont know anything about me, my truck, or what it consists of. You only know what others tell you, you only know what others allow you to hear. Run along son, and let the big dawgs scrap for awhile. Wouldn't want you to get into something you couldn't handle

Cowboy Steve
welllllllllllll why don't you tell everyone what you have done to your truck?? you never tell anyone anything or prove anything...

Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
I have told you guys plenty of times over and over. I no longer disclose any info regarding my truck B/C it only causes problems, and the proof is in the puddin i posted pics of my truck and was called a liar so what more can a guy do?

Cowboy Steve

Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
rtxcoon
Junior User
Originally Posted by powerstroked162
what more can a guy do?

Cowboy Steve
if you were a guy, a stand up guy, with any kind of *****....

you would post

1. a timeslip
2. a video
3. a dyno sheet
4. or just admit your full of **** and "slightly" overstated your trucks capabilities....

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Originally Posted by rtxcoon
if you were a guy, a stand up guy, with any kind of *****....

you would post

1. a timeslip
2. a video
3. a dyno sheet
4. or just admit your full of **** and "slightly" overstated your trucks capabilities....

1.never been on the track before
2. dont know how to post videos
3. was going to when truck went down with HPOP issues
4. Your language is outta control, clean it up before you get banned luke's #1 Heifer of choice

Cowboy Steve

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya know.....I've left the "vs." thread up just so you guys can get this pissing match out of your systems....it would be nice if it could be contained there.

Thread closed.

Last edited by cookie88; 10-01-2007 at 08:53 PM.