Sponsored by:

My Truck was attacked!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:32 PM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
My Truck was attacked!

I was inside the house tonight and the wind picked up out of nowhere. I heard a boom and the alarm on my Bronco started going off. I looked out the window to find a huge two car canopy on my truck. I go running outside to try to help the owners up the street get it off. The thing went through my winshield, dented my hood, my roof and my door. My truck used to have a dent free body! Not anymore. I would take some pics, but my camera is at the shop so I cant.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 AM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
I used my moms digital camera this morning. Here is my windshield. You can also see the damaged chrome above, where would I get a new one?
Name:  brokewindow.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  48.5 KB

Old 07-22-2005, 02:03 PM
gungho351
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMCtruck.com will have the crome for your bronco. The front end of the bronco is the same as the front end of the trucks, so you should be able to get it from them. the part number is 49-2653 and it runs about 29.95+shipping. They also have the windshield part number 49-9727 and it runs about 109.95+shipping. Just replace the crome when you replace the windshield.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:18 AM
scurbiedog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kam,you should also check with the owners of the canopy and if they are nice they will pay for the repairs if not they should have homeowners ins,as the canopy came from thier property and you may have to take them to court so keep all reciepts and take as many pictures of the truck and the area including your street and thier house and everything you can think of.I've seen it many times,they start off nice till they find out how much it will cost to fix then they back off.I'm not saying your neighbors are like this just telling you to cover yourself.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:04 PM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks for the advice. They called me up the night it happened and their son said his dad had a friend that can do the windshield. I told the son that it did body damage as well, but I don't think they understand because they can not speak a lick of English, just spanish. They did say they had homowners, but who knows? I used another camera and took pics of my truck and the broken canopy, I will let you guys know what happens.

Old 07-24-2005, 09:30 AM
scurbiedog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kam, get as many pictures of the body damage as you can and then take them over to them and point to the damage,they will under standand I'd be wary about them having a "friend" do the work,your windshield could leak like a sive later.Get three estimates and show them those as well.If you show them your prepared to do what ever it takes to get your bronco fixed properly they will understand.You can put this to them in a polite manor so as to not cause friction in the nieghborhod but stand firm for your bronco.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:13 PM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
Well I have an update on my Bronco. The shop that his friend has does body work as well. I checked it out and it is certified by the State Of Nevada DMV. The total of the damage was $550. I then asked them how much it would cost me out of pocket to have the whole thing re-painted. It was $750. So I decided to do that. The truck is getting painted a dark pearl red metallic. I wanted it two tone and the bottom is going to be black. Also the fiber glass roof is going to be repainted black. The paint job that was on it was a one day job that was junk. They are going to sand it down, do all the body work, paint it and clear coat it. They are also going to paint on a black pin stripe along the side. I am having them remove the side molding because it looks tore up. I know it protects the paint agianst dents from doors, so down the road I might put new ones on. Until then I am going to have park in the back of Wall-Mart. They told me around a week or so, when I get it back I will take some pics.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:25 PM
poffutt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by kameronth
Well I have an update on my Bronco. The shop that his friend has does body work as well. I checked it out and it is certified by the State Of Nevada DMV. The total of the damage was $550. I then asked them how much it would cost me out of pocket to have the whole thing re-painted. It was $750. So I decided to do that. The truck is getting painted a dark pearl red metallic. I wanted it two tone and the bottom is going to be black. Also the fiber glass roof is going to be repainted black. The paint job that was on it was a one day job that was junk. They are going to sand it down, do all the body work, paint it and clear coat it. They are also going to paint on a black pin stripe along the side. I am having them remove the side molding because it looks tore up. I know it protects the paint agianst dents from doors, so down the road I might put new ones on. Until then I am going to have park in the back of Wall-Mart. They told me around a week or so, when I get it back I will take some pics.
wow! It sounds like you made out. You may be really lucky. Mexicans are known to usualy have good body & paint skills.