2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 10:07 AM
redcrew04
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update!!!

Ok guys ,I received a call from the Ford executive office on friday regarding the certified letter I sent them and the dealer a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with one of the execs named Mr.Young regarding that letter and my vibration/.nibble concerns and I mentioned some info I got from this site that some of you posted regarding your 04 f150s. He offered me a 5yr/75000 ford premium extended warranty to keep me happy and a loyal cutomer, I told him that I am within my rights to have ford take the truck back(numerous attempts to solve the problems). He agreed and said that if I was gonna persue that ,that ford wont give the warranty cause Im not gonna keep the truck. We talked more and he said that if I wanted to persue ford taking the truck back that he might be able to assist me in that matter but wont guarantee results in my favor. I have to call him next week to let him know what I decided.......

Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 AM
toypuller
Senior User
Be very careful of what people are promising at this point. Get everything in writing and don't agree to anything. What you say and do now could come back to haunt you if you end up pursuing a DSB or Lemon Law claim.

What good will a 5 year warranty do you on a truck that still vibrates. You are going to sell or trade it someday and at that point a defect could negate any gain you got from the price of the warranty. Why would you want a warranty to cover what the vibration shakes loose over time? If you were to keep the truck longer than 5 years what would you do then? Those repairs add up quickly as a vehicle ages.

I am not an engineer and I am sure there are others here that can explain this better than I can but here goes:

While most people think that sudden jarring bumps are the most painful to a piece of machinery it is the long term chronic vibrations in it that will do the most damage. Sudden, acute failures of a part can be repaired and replaced without causing long term problems (if the repair is done correctly) however, a constant low level vibration causes all parts to wear unnaturally and will show up as repeated failures in multiple parts. This is especially true of sensitive electronic components.

By agreeing to the extended warranty you will almost certainly have to give up your right to pursue any further DSB or Lemon Law action. Even if you do not give up that right you can bet it will be used against you in either of those situations.

In the end it is your decision and I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. I would encourage you to do your research before you make a final choice.

Toypuller-previous citizen of the vibration nation.

Last edited by toypuller; 05-07-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:42 PM
redcrew04
Freshman User
Thanks toypuller,Im being realllllll careful on this one..Thats my feelings also on the extended warranty,I WILL discuss this with him when i talk to him on monday.Im gonna tell him the only way Im gonna be a loyal ford customer and a HAPPY one is if Ford takes the truck back. Im also going to ask if this process is going to be as painful as it is driving my almost $40,000 truck. I dont know if they can do this but I would like to basically swap my truck for an 05(after I do a long test drive) with no money outof my pocket or extending my payment......

Old 05-08-2005, 12:17 AM
RobinBC
New User
Redcrew04

That is an intersting situation you are in. My brother in-law just got a new 2005 Dodge cummings last week. He was having problems with the paint peeling off his 2004 Diesel, he had this problem from day one. After complaing about the problem to Dodge numerous times over the year, last week they let him pick a 2005 Diesel at no extra cost to him. I can't see any reason why ford can't do the same for you, just be persistent. I know ford has been good to me in the past, I had 65,000 km on my 99 f-150 and blew the top end, ford paid more then half of the bill for me, and I traded the truck in that day on a 2004 f-150 and go what the truck was worth if it was running. If your not satisfied make sure they know, i hope things work out for you. I have 30,000km on my 2004 and no problems, you should be the same way. Good Luck.