Jacobs ignition

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Crumm
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacobs ignition

Anyone running a Jacobs system? There is a place here in town that swears by them but of course they sell them too. From what I have heard they make for easier starts and better fuel economy. Anyone know anything about them? I am interested in getting a few more mpg's.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Crumm
Elder User
Little reading material:

PRO-STREET ULTRA TEAM PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING IGNITION SYSTEM KIT
Increases gas mileage up to 16.7% on average!
The best street ignition in the world!
System combines Energy Pak technology with Jacobs' high-output variable magnetic Ultra Coil in one tough housing. Delivers more spark energy when cranking. Multiple turn ratio coil(s) is built in for higher spark energy (high-speed microprocessor selects the appropriate coil turns ratio). Built-in diagnostic LED glows green when all systems are okay. Reads electrical resistance across the spark gap, making the spark plug an in-cylinder sensor. System then uses this measurement to optimize each spark in each cylinder on every stroke of the engine. The results are the absolutely highest mileage, power and engine life possible! System also includes magnetic Ultra Coil, Energy Core Spark Plug Wires and magnetic and crank-trigger pick-ups. The anti-theft system and programmable RPM limiter (both included) cannot be activated without accessory pack (sold separately). Road tested to boost horsepower up to 7% and increase low-end torque. 1,200% more spark energy when cranking. Extends engine life up to 37%. Easy plug-in installation. No cutting or splicing of wires required.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Crumm
Elder User
And the cheaper model:

OMNI MAGNUM TEAM PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING IGNITION SYSTEM KIT
Increases gas mileage up to 16.7% on average!
The most power per dollar ignition on the market! This upgrade is the best choice for anyone interested in racing on a budget. System combines Energy Pak technology with Jacobs' high-output variable magnetic Ultra Coil in one tough housing. Delivers more spark energy when cranking. Multiple turn ratio coil(s) are built in for higher spark energy (high-speed microprocessor selects the appropriate coil turns ratio). Built-in diagnostic LED glows green when all systems are okay. Includes Energy-Core Spark Plug Wires for maximum overall improvement. Road tested to boost horsepower up to 7% and increase low-end torque. 1,200% more spark energy when cranking. Extends engine life up to 37%. Easy plug-in installation. No cutting or splicing of wires required.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:19 PM
welldiver
Junior User
I was wondering that myself, I got an msd 6a, pertronics ignitor and thier flame thrower coil and accel 300 wires ( the accel wires leaked alot I would not buy ever again) but if I had it all to do again I'd go with the jacobs milage master kit seems like a better set up; or maybe the grass is greener on the other side

Old 11-12-2004, 09:11 PM
dinosaurfan
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ignition

Guys, I have the jacobs ignition is a couple of my trucks. I run a duraspark dizzy, an LX101 ( chrysler style ) trigger box with a jacobs 'Pro-8' computer, and a 380672 coil. I used taylor 409 wires. I never checked mileage against the stock ford points the trucks came with, but I'm running .080 plug gaps, and it NEVER misses or hesitates, even in sub zero weather. If I were looking for a new setup for another truck, I would use them again. DF, @ his Dad's

Old 11-14-2004, 07:56 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

I have the PRO-STREET ULTRA TEAM PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING IGNITION SYSTEM KIT . Been using it for a few years...and agree that it does what it claims. The start-ups and idle are smooth. Power was slightly increased and fuel mileage went up by 2 mpg. The install is super easy...

Check out the website...
http://www.jacobselectronics.com/

Last edited by biz4two; 11-14-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Crumm
Elder User
As far as there web site goes since Mr. gasket bought them out it stinks. It is hard to even find a Jacobs product on there web site. I have been checking ebay for one. Do you know what part number you went with? I see there are also many listed at JcWhitney but there part numbers are different than Jacobs.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Crumm
As far as there web site goes since Mr. gasket bought them out it stinks. It is hard to even find a Jacobs product on there web site. I have been checking ebay for one. Do you know what part number you went with? I see there are also many listed at JcWhitney but there part numbers are different than Jacobs.
Crumm, I have to agree with you...the website does stink! It used to be a great website prior to Mr. Gasket getting involved.

http://go.mrgasket.com/newproducts/CAT_PDF/JACOBS.PDF

Here is the URL for the Jacobs products on .pdf format (Acrobat Reader)

Sorry, but I do not have the part # from Jacobs. However, I purchased mine from JcWhitney. Here is what I got...and "yes" the price has increased since I purchased mine a few years ago.

1965 - 1999 Ford F-Series Pickup 8-cyl. GM Engine with HEI Internal Coil Pro-Street Ultra Team Performance Enhancing Ignition System Kit
ZX760205UF $429.95

Old 11-18-2004, 06:14 AM
Crumm
Elder User
Price for that part number is still 429.95 at JcWhitney. Why is it showing "with HEI Internal coil"? I guess I don't know what a HEI internal coil is. They list a "8-cyl. Engine (exc. GM with Internal HEI Coil) Pro-Street Ultra Team Performance Enhancing Ignition System Kit ZX760204XF $409.95". That is without a Internal coil.

I was thinking about this one "8-cyl. Engine (exc. GM with Internal HEI Coil) Omni Magnum Team Performance Enhancing Ignition System Kit ZX760202AF $299.95 " a little cheaper system but it is suppose to do the same thing' They also have a 8-cyl. GM Engine with HEI Internal Coil Omni Magnum Team Performance Enhancing Ignition System Kit ZX760203RF $316.95 if we do have the HEI internal coil. What the heck is it?