1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

High speed vibration with droning noise out of 02' FX4

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 02' 4.0L 5spd. ranger FX4 package. If I go over 80 miles/hour the truck begins to shake and make an audible drone and progressively gets worse as I approach 90. The dealer has told me that there is a TSB out and Ford's engineers don't know the cause, and that the govenor was placed onto the newer trucks until they figure it out. How many years will it take Ford's beloved low quality engineers to solve this one? Anyone else having this problem and had it resolved. I also have an alert# sticker on my rear drive shaft? Thanks for your help!!

Old 07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
awtbird
New User

If so are so unhappy with Ford and their trucks, why did you buy one????? By the way...nice name.
Anyway. I have the same exact truck and I don't have any problems over 80 mph til it hits 90 or 95 and the governer kicks in. I am also curious to hear if anyone else has the same problem as you.

Old 07-31-2002, 09:41 PM
Rand
Elder User

>I own a 02' 4.0L 5spd. ranger FX4 package. If I go over 80
>miles/hour the truck begins to shake and make an audible
>drone and progressively gets worse as I approach 90. The
>dealer has told me that there is a TSB out and Ford's
>engineers don't know the cause, and that the govenor was
>placed onto the newer trucks until they figure it out. How
>many years will it take Ford's beloved low quality engineers
>to solve this one? Anyone else having this problem and had
>it resolved. I also have an alert# sticker on my rear drive
>shaft? Thanks for your help!!

:-X11 :-X11 :-X11 :-X11 :-X11
Bah this is a troll obiviously anyone who visits FTE with a name like FORDSUCKS or FORDTRUCKSSUCK is probably making up the crap.
He reads about the problems with the driveshaft that has the tsb out on it then makes up some bogus problems..

Go get a life or bug the dodge people

Rand

Old 08-07-2002, 05:49 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Ok Rand, you cheese dick, if I wanted to make something up, I would say your woman truly wants you, or maybe your man! I'm looking for help for owning another sh** box, not making up stories. I wish I didn't even need this site for help.

Old 08-07-2002, 11:05 PM
Rand
Elder User

>Ok Rand, you cheese dick, if I wanted to make something up,
>I would say your woman truly wants you, or maybe your man!
>I'm looking for help for owning another sh** box, not making
>up stories. I wish I didn't even need this site for help.

Did you ever think that using a name like fordtruckssuck
might make people not one to help you on a Ford Truck website?
LoL

Rand

Old 08-08-2002, 11:02 AM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Why does a Ford truck website just have to be for ford lovers. I would love to love my truck but unfortunately I need the help of this website to troubleshoot problems with my truck, not just say how great it is. I've had too many problems with 2 brand new rangers to not believe that ford is not following "Quality is Job #1"??? I don't abuse this truck/trucks ever and maintain them to the highest levels. I wish I did abuse them with the problems that I've had, then maybe the repairs would be justifiable. I'm looking for other people who own FX4 rangers and want to keep in touch with each others problems or hopefully lack there of. The dealerships are not helpful in the least and its up to the consumer to beware for themselves. I own a brand new truck, the 2nd one in 3 years, and have a high speed vibration. The speed limit is 75mph in Colorado and I often drive 80, but can't due to the truck feeling as though its going to shake apart. My question to you is why would I or anyone buy a $24,000 truck and have 10,000 miles on it and not be able to go 80mph? Was this truck tested, I think not and by the ownership of my last ranger, a 99', I had to have a new engine, 2X transmissions, 4X drive shafts, powersteering pump, fuel pump, etc.... Again, I only drive these trucks 45 miles a day on the highway to go to and from my job as a pharmaceutical chemist. I work hard for my money and expect the same from the people who build, engineer and drive Ford Rangers.

Old 08-08-2002, 02:56 PM
wrr
Freshman User

Heh, it doesn't have to be for Ford lovers only, but it sure seems like it, so your nick is still a poor choice, considering the brand loyalty (almost blind allegiance sometimes) that a lot of people here have.

As someone who has sold a 2001 Ranger back to Ford because of build quality problems, I understand your anger and frustration. I've never heard of this particular issue. Did you ask the dealership to print you a copy of the TSB? I'm sure other FX4 owners would be interested to see it.

In the meantime, all you can do is bitch, politely but firmly, about your truck. Tell the dealer you want to see a factory service rep, if they continue to tell you the problem can't be fixed.

One question, though: I was just out in Colorado Springs last month, and noticed about 95% of the 4x4 small trucks were Tacomas, with maybe about 3% Rangers. What made you decide to go with Ford?

Old 08-08-2002, 03:37 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

I purchased a Ford due to a family of Ford owners with great luck I guess? The Ford was also a little cheaper and the interest rate on the loan was low. Plus the interior is more plush/comfortable and not the cheap feel of the rice burners. I don't think I will buy any more american cars/trucks due to terrible reliability that I've had in the past. Sorry America, but you don't deserve my money right now! Build something worthy and maybe, but doubtfully I may purchase again.

Old 08-09-2002, 11:27 PM
Rand
Elder User

>I purchased a Ford due to a family of Ford owners with great
>luck I guess? The Ford was also a little cheaper and the
>interest rate on the loan was low. Plus the interior is
>more plush/comfortable and not the cheap feel of the rice
>burners. I don't think I will buy any more american
>cars/trucks due to terrible reliability that I've had in the
>past. Sorry America, but you don't deserve my money right
>now! Build something worthy and maybe, but doubtfully I may
>purchase again.

Well anyone can get a lemon. But you constantly state it like all ford trucks are like this. If I had that many problems I dont think I would go make a name like fordtruckssuck and try to get help. I would go ape##### on the dealer and get a new vehicle

Rand

That all being said I have had no problems besides maintence with 3 fords I owned (except for the problems I created

Old 08-11-2002, 01:31 AM
blonde
New User

Old 08-14-2002, 12:18 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Ok Rand, I understand, but I've had another 99' 4.0L loaded ranger that required a new engine, 2X transmissions, 4X driveshafts, fuel pump, power steering pump, electric windows issues, etc..... I baby both trucks, all highway miles to and from my job. Never off road. So why do I have a user name like FORD TRUCKS SUCK? You tell me? Ford bought back the first one and put me into the new heavy duty off road master truck FX4 and the first time I used 4X4 in Colorado snow storm, the F*****g transfer case wouldn't stay in 4X4 but would slip out. I had to drive with my hand holding the thing in 4X4 for 50 miles on my 500mi. second $24,000 Ford truck. Sucker I guess. Ford figures that so many people will bitch about the junk they build and the rest just don't pay attention until the warranty expires and then the dealer goes caching, we just cashed in. Suckers... I've since placed a **** on Ford sicker right over my rear Ford emblem on the tailgate. Also put a huge Quality is job Zero across the rear window. The dealer loves it when its constantly in their shop.

Old 08-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Rand
Elder User

I dunno man I have had no problems. I just had a problem with your name. I thought about it and I realised that if you had a different name I would have replied differently.

For you I would recommend you go trade it in on a Tacoma. Maybe even one of them double cab ones those are pretty sweet I almost bought one. And the prices are similar. Or you could get an extended cab TRD offroad or something. They should give ya a good trade in for the ford. I would chalk it up to I have no luck with fords and switch. Lotsa people do that. I personally will NEVER own a cavalier.
THey were for me PIECES OF CRAP!
then again I know 3-4 people who have had at least one and they swear by em.

So my advice is Chill out change your name (chuckle) and go buy a taco. Just not at taco bell

Rand

(Last part was a joke ):-X11 :P

Old 08-15-2002, 05:24 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Its all good Rand, no worries, I will however keep the name to let people who are buying the newer Rangers to be aware.

Old 08-15-2002, 05:28 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

By the way, the vibration is gone with hose clamps being placed around the rear drive shaft. Kind of a half *** fix from Ford, but what would you expect. Now its off to bitch at the dealer to weld metal weights to the drive shaft, like a good shop would do. Or wait, maybe a good company would have never shipped an out of balace drive shaft again??? Put it on a lath(sp). Maybe I should be a Ford engineer and solve the problems. They don't seem to know jack. What gives Ford?