Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Gauge set

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by frambin
...What do you keep pulled up to monitor? Tried zooming in, but couldn't get them all.
ICP, IPR, FIPW, Boost, EBP, and EOT on one screen. Flip the page and I have the transmission stuff - TC slip, Gear, TFT, and RPM. I can add more... I'm thinking of putting in MFD when I get the right formula for that.

Originally Posted by andym
What do you mean by a "proper" OBD-II/USB adapter? Do you have a specific recommendation?
While I haven't tried others, I live in an electronic world (since the '70s) and can spot crap a mile away. Those $10 and $20 clones from the opposite side of the world scream out for toilet paper. I bought the OBDLink MX BT and have been very pleased with the performance. I will eventually get the WiFi version and have one unit for each vehicle.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:10 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tugly
ICP, IPR, FIPW, Boost, EBP, and EOT on one screen. Flip the page and I have the transmission stuff - TC slip, Gear, TFT, and RPM. I can add more... I'm thinking of putting in MFD when I get the right formula for that.

While I haven't tried others, I live in an electronic world (since the '70s) and can spot crap a mile away. Those $10 and $20 clones from the opposite side of the world scream out for toilet paper. I bought the OBDLink MX BT and have been very pleased with the performance. I will eventually get the WiFi version and have one unit for each vehicle.
Rich I like the way you have your's set up. I do plan on following your lead when the time comes and get the OBDLink MX WiFi and a cheap tablet. Actually I am hoping I can get my 6 yr olds hand me down tablet since she has been bugging me for a new one. I might even need her to set it up for me since I am clueless when it comes to tech stuff. Pretty sad that a 6 yr old knows more about tablet's, apps and smart phones then my old butt.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I'll be ready to help when it comes time.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM
twm011
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the adapter ordered. As soon as it comes in I will give it a trial run on my android phone. If I am satisfied with it, I'm sure I will, then I will order a tablet for the truck and a setup like Tugly's. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions about Torque Pro after I get everything set up. Does anyone have a link for a thread specific for Torque Pro?

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:15 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tugly
I'll be ready to help when it comes time.
Thanks Brother !! Lord only knows I need the help. LOL
I was going to get the GS 3in1 first but for the same money I can get Torque Pro up and running.
I do prefer to wait until I can afford the OBDLink MX WiFi since it's track record is excellent. I just seen that Glowplugger got bluetooth & table for less than $100 and he says it worked. But I think I'll wait to make sure that it works out for him first before going that route.

Rich this might be alittle off topic and please correct me if I am wrong. If just seems to me that Bluetooth is on it's way out kinda like how CD's are being replaced by thumb drives & MP3's.
That and isn't WiFi faster that bluetooth?
Like I said I really am clueless kinda like my new puppy.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Rich this might be alittle off topic and please correct me if I am wrong. If just seems to me that Bluetooth is on it's way out kinda like how CD's are being replaced by thumb drives & MP3's.
That and isn't WiFi faster that bluetooth?
Like I said I really am clueless kinda like my new puppy.
Bluetooth isn't going anywhere for a while. It's small, lightweight, and useful for transferring small amounts of data when speed isn't an issue. Wifi is much more robust and can handle a lot more data quickly, but requires hardware and software setup.

Buying a wifi OBD-II adapter would be like installing a fire hydrant so you can fill your fish bowl once a month.