Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Paint & Bodywork SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Senior User

xrsfsho is starting off with a positive reputation.
Alittle lost here

Hello, i just picked a f150 with some side damage a couple months ago, and now
Im sitting down and trying to compile a price lift of things that need to be done. Obviously in the picture i have there is some damage on the side of the vehicle. I have notices that you can cut and re-weld a new patch in, But i have no idea where to find them and who would have the best one. If anyone would have an idea i would appreciate it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Senior User

xrsfsho is starting off with a positive reputation.
any body have any suggestions other then going to the scrap yard and having to take the bed off a truck cutting it and then re doing it on my truck?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
The only thing quickly coming to my mind would it be better in the long run finding a complete good condition cab instead?

Having once owned a body shop I'm sure grafting a replacement corner on that cab will end up being more trouble than its worth, not lasting a long time without rust starting to form.

Right away that might not seem like a great idea but it really would be the best approach if you're planning on keeping this as a working truck.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
LMC should have a repair panel for your truck. If you find one then I would recommend using panel adhesive to install it rather than welding. Unless you are an accomplished welder/bodyman I think that welding that panel would be a hige challenge to get straight.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork