1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another sync problem...phone bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 07:06 AM
phydeauxman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another sync problem...phone bluetooth

I have a 2014 F250 that is now experiencing problems with the Bluetooth performance of my phone. The system was functioning fine since I bought the truck back in November but when I took a trip in May...while I was driving down the road the entire system freaked out and became unusable. I was using navigation at the time and after a while the system seemed to self heal by doing some reboots/resets on its own. it did that one more time that trip and then has not happened again since. What is happening now though is the Bluetooth performance using my phone has become unusable. I can make calls and answer calls fine but once I am in the call...the volume of the person fades in and out and there are pops coming through the speakers. I use the same phone in my VW Jetta with its Bluetooth with no issue so I know it is not the phone. I also use the same phone with a BT headset and have no issues.

I feel like this is going to be one of those issues that I am going to have to learn to live with...has anyone else had this problem...is there anything I can do to rectify it? When I had the reset/reboot problem back in May, I checked the software version and it was current at the time.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:28 AM
phydeauxman
Junior User
Anyone? I can't be the only one on the planet that has had this problem. How can I reset my Sync system...maybe that will help.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:34 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning !

That Sync system is maddening isn't it ?!? Almost like it was Microsoft or something

A quick google search showed me this --> How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Old 07-19-2014, 09:29 AM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sync is not the easiest system to figure out.

Take it back to you're dealer and have them show you how to make it work. They'll either get you straightened out, or, if they find that the radio's defective, warranty it for you.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:36 AM
phydeauxman
Junior User
Originally Posted by k7lvo
Sync is not the easiest system to figure out.

Take it back to you're dealer and have them show you how to make it work. They'll either get you straightened out, or, if they find that the radio's defective, warranty it for you.
Since it is not overly convenient to take my truck back to the dealer...I am resisting this at this point because from experience...I know if they can not easily duplicate the problem...it becomes one of those issues that only generates owner frustration.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 AM
railroader
Cross-Country
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Same kind of problems here. I can get in my BMW and the German's system works just
fine. It's hit or miss with sync and me. Every once in a while it will give me two or three
choices for names I say, but that's just my redneck dialect. Getting it to dial the one I
want is another story. I usually answer and sync works, but that's it. I haven't had the
fading in and out stuff, yet.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 AM
phydeauxman
Junior User
Originally Posted by railroader
Same kind of problems here. I can get in my BMW and the German's system works just
fine. It's hit or miss with sync and me. Every once in a while it will give me two or three
choices for names I say, but that's just my redneck dialect. Getting it to dial the one I
want is another story. I usually answer and sync works, but that's it. I haven't had the
fading in and out stuff, yet.
I have the exact opposite of what you are describing. The voice commands for my sync system work flawlessly...but in my VW Jetta...the voice commands are completely unusable. The problem I am having with the sync system is that the call quality once connected is almost unusable. Volume fluctuates and get loud pops in the system. Was not always like that...just started doing it back in May.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:19 PM
ColoradoF350
Freshman User
Similar SYNC Issue

I had a similar problem on my 2011 F350. I took it back to the dealer, cause I live pretty close, and the mechanics there had no clue. Very smart guys on the diesel engine, but not so good on the "techie" stuff. I was able to dig around on the Internet and found out that my SYNC needed a software upgrade. Luckily, I'm a techie guy and do this kind of stuff everyday on other type of equipment so doing on my 350 was almost second nature to me. I downloaded the software, applied the update (took about 30 minutes) and my SYNC worked MUCH better. Still has some minor glitches with my iPhone but I'd give it an 8/10 overall. If you need help, send me a PM. Been a couple years since I've done it but could probably point you in the right direction.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:25 PM
phydeauxman
Junior User
Originally Posted by ColoradoF350
I had a similar problem on my 2011 F350. I took it back to the dealer, cause I live pretty close, and the mechanics there had no clue. Very smart guys on the diesel engine, but not so good on the "techie" stuff. I was able to dig around on the Internet and found out that my SYNC needed a software upgrade. Luckily, I'm a techie guy and do this kind of stuff everyday on other type of equipment so doing on my 350 was almost second nature to me. I downloaded the software, applied the update (took about 30 minutes) and my SYNC worked MUCH better. Still has some minor glitches with my iPhone but I'd give it an 8/10 overall. If you need help, send me a PM. Been a couple years since I've done it but could probably point you in the right direction.
Thanks for the reply. I checked mine and it is up to date.