Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

YOUR OPINION: Is Ford Falling Behind in the HD Truck Market?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Hotrod70d
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guess it's not good for you , my 2001 never had issues, just the standard brakes, ball joints and front end parts, all wear item, had the truck 12 yrs no issues. My current 5 yr old truck , no issues either, other than a leaking pinion gear seal , warranty replace. .. Then on the other hand I don't buy ginger breaded up car trucks , I use mine for hauling , farm work and getting to work, so I don't buy all the extras that break.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:37 AM
Xsuperdutyfan
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotrod70d
Guess it's not good for you , my 2001 never had issues, just the standard brakes, ball joints and front end parts, all wear item, had the truck 12 yrs no issues. My current 5 yr old truck , no issues either, other than a leaking pinion gear seal , warranty replace. .. Then on the other hand I don't buy ginger breaded up car trucks , I use mine for hauling , farm work and getting to work, so I don't buy all the extras that break.
Those are the best ones less problems.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:52 PM
FordF350Superduty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xsuperdutyfan
We need longevity these trucks are just built like junk with a few exceptions. Our son has our 2011 King ranch 350 and wow falling apart everywhere. Had to replace moon roof, passenger window motor broken driver side has to be pulled up on to close ( thought that was only in 1970's lmao) several engine issues always has check engine light even after having checked out, some kind of squealing noise in dash, interior leather just junk (of course its a king ranch) even when you close the doors reminds me of a truck 20 yrs old. These trucks get higher and higher priced yet quality doesn't follow. I won't even talk about our 08 f150 at least its still running. I think they figured it out build a truck like crap so every 3 to 5 years people will get new ones pretty smart huh. This is not just pointed at Ford its all of them. Actually I don't even want to say this but if I had to give longevity to someone I think it would be GMC cough cough. Any way Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all that celebrate.
King Ranch bad interior leather?
Yeah,very funny...LOL

Old 12-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Xsuperdutyfan
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FordF350Superduty
King Ranch bad interior leather?
Yeah,very funny...LOL
In the first year the passenger seat cover was replaced 3x by the 3rd year the driver seat, steering wheel, door and console cover was repaired which is a cheap spray job that looks like crap so yes bad interior.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:22 PM
FordF350Superduty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the first year the passenger seat cover was replaced 3x by the 3rd year the driver seat, steering wheel, door and console cover was repaired which is a cheap spray job that looks like crap so yes bad interior.
Really!
Very funny!

...passenger seat cover was replaced 3x ...

Old 01-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We need longevity these trucks are just built like junk with a few exceptions. Our son has our 2011 King ranch 350 and wow falling apart everywhere. Had to replace moon roof, passenger window motor broken driver side has to be pulled up on to close ( thought that was only in 1970's lmao) several engine issues always has check engine light even after having checked out, some kind of squealing noise in dash, interior leather just junk (of course its a king ranch) even when you close the doors reminds me of a truck 20 yrs old. These trucks get higher and higher priced yet quality doesn't follow. I won't even talk about our 08 f150 at least its still running. I think they figured it out build a truck like crap so every 3 to 5 years people will get new ones pretty smart huh. This is not just pointed at Ford its all of them. Actually I don't even want to say this but if I had to give longevity to someone I think it would be GMC cough cough. Any way Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all that celebrate.
The advancements are mostly in the XL's and XLT's. The XL's have been steadily the most reliable trucks that I know of. They lack all the fragile Momo foo foo stuff that soft old men seem to like. And generally attract professionals, and people that can't afford to destroy their trucks doing flatbiller stuff. Which throws reliability stats off a bit. Add some Wet Okole seat covers, and they're a pretty decent ride.

GM has no quality control. If you get one that was made when the union got a raise, they can be nice. But on a grumpy day, they will F with the trucks on the assembly line. "Rattle rattle rattle, I'm a GM dashboard, rattle rattle rattle."

If you put a moon roof, 87 chinese cameras, and snowflake shaped bling wheels on a HD truck, don't come crying to me when it fails.