1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

I'm kinda back and Stolen........

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Bossdrum
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm kinda back and Stolen........

It's been some time since my last post(I was still new to this group when i stopped posting....)but life caught up to us and i've been working on my house. Good news is I still have my 71 Bumpside,

Hi !!!!

Bad news i'm unemployed so i now have alot of time on my hands. Which brings me to what happened last month.

About a week ago my truck was stolen while i was sitting in my living room watching tv. He had pushed the truck a few houses down from me. What alerted me was hearing my door close.

The bad thing about owning an old ford truck, they're cold blooded and take 5-10 mins to warm up.

The good thing about owning said truck...... when someone tries to steal it it still takes 5-10 mins to warm up. I run out the front door(bare foot and in shorts) as he gets it started, he gets about 2-3 blocks ahead of me before it stalls out and slams the front end into a curb. He got out of the truck and ran before I got to him.

He had used a newer Ford key (as you know are longer than the older keys) to start my truck but because it was a newer style key he bent the key in the ignition breaking it. So in the end I've had to replace the ignition and when i get time/money i might need to rebuild the front end because i now get a death wobble @ around 30 mph.

I hope now, that i don't have much going on, I'll have time to participate and learn with you all.

Cheers
Bryan

Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
That sucks, to bad you couldn't catch the thief. Glad to hear no one was hurt in the process, and the thief didn't crash it into anything other than the curb.
Good luck on the job market. Glad to have you back.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM
1972RedNeck
Logistics Pro
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You should start packing.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Area351
Senior User
Put a hidden kill switch on the coil wire.

If he had been here and it was my truck, he wouldn't have got away.

You would be surprised on how quickly people stop what they are doing when you shine that little red dot on their forehead or chest ....

Old 11-03-2013, 04:24 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Bryan, You bees ugly enough, that you scared him into running.

I have a huge hate for a thief and keep loaded guns close by, I would have shot the sumbeech, hopefully dead, taking one more off the streets.

Hope things get better for you.

John

Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Bossdrum
Junior User
Originally Posted by jowilker
Bryan, You bees ugly enough, that you scared him into running.

I have a huge hate for a thief and keep loaded guns close by, I would have shot the sumbeech, hopefully dead, taking one more off the streets.

Hope things get better for you.

John
Touche' lol

what surprised the crap out of me was he was super quiet (I have a pit bull that hears everything) and managed to push the truck with out a single bit of noise.

and living in Portland Oregon they frown upon shooting people technically not a threat to my person even if they are stealing my personal property which i do find as a threat.Portland is a silly place to own guns

Old 11-03-2013, 03:58 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I hear ya bro, here in the south we treat guns like family, and keep them close. I know what you are saying, if I had shot the Azzhole I would be in the Granville County Hilton protected by the same man that issued me my conceal carry permit.

I have worked in folks homes for 35 years gone out of my way to protect their items, while making sure all that they let there that morning was still there when they returned. Over the years I have had 30-35 thousand dollars worth of tools & vehicles stolen from me.

I despise a frickin thief.

John

Old 11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Bossdrum
Junior User
Originally Posted by jowilker
I hear ya bro, here in the south we treat guns like family, and keep them close. I know what you are saying, if I had shot the Azzhole I would be in the Granville County Hilton protected by the same man that issued me my conceal carry permit.

I have worked in folks homes for 35 years gone out of my way to protect their items, while making sure all that they let there that morning was still there when they returned. Over the years I have had 30-35 thousand dollars worth of tools & vehicles stolen from me.

I despise a frickin thief.

John
I feel for you as well though our luck has been odd in the last 10 years... Our house has been broken into 3 times,all 3 times we were away and all 3 times they never made it past our Pit Bull.

One time they tore the front door with the frame out leaving our home wide open....our dog sat in the front yard guarding the house till we got home

Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
yetiman38237
Elder User
Originally Posted by Area351

You would be surprised on how quickly people stop what they are doing when you shine that little red dot on their forehead or chest ....

Like the kill switch idea, been thinking about that lately

Old 11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Bossdrum
Junior User
Originally Posted by Area351

that is a great idea

Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
that is one good dog give him a treat for me lol..... other than a coil wire mod you can also make a deadman switch at the solenoid and a hidden toggle switch hidden under dash or ashtray or anyplace no one would think of and tell no one but your spouse or strictly need to know people good luck

Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A quick peek through the window and they see a steering wheel club lock they move on to the next guys vehicle that is not unprotected. The only way someone will take my truck is by towing truck. I've got The truck club, Hood & doors alarm, Hood cable lock, and a batt. main cut off. I try not give any an easy way to steal my **** and be careless. I learned at 10 yrs old when, I went swimming at the loco pool. And when I came out to go home my bike was gone. Yeah not locked up in the bike rack like 75% were.This was the end of summer. I had parked it in the bike rack all summer long unlocked.
I did not have a lock and did not think, I really needed one since:, I had a bike Lic plate on it..

I loved the 24" bike as, I enjoyed many summers riding every place, I went. Also had a wooden box mounted on the rear rack that was an old paper boys bag rack for a place the dog to ride went fishing at a few ponds a number of miles away.. I always made my stuff hard to steel after that SOB got my first bike..orich.

A lot guys use a just a switched on & off electric fuel pumps to keep there vehicle from being ripped off. I also run a E-pump but inline as a back up if the manual fails..

I've got too many man hrs. and lots of $$$$ with in the 35 yrs of pleasure to be careless for it to be stolen...My 2cents...orich

Ps...
Now simple $5 dollar battery main shut off isan ez way too save your old gal from running off with another guy

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Bossdrum
Junior User
Originally Posted by orich
A quick peek through the window and they see a steering wheel club lock they move on to the next guys vehicle that is not unprotected. The only way someone will take my truck is by towing truck. I've got The truck club, Hood & doors alarm, Hood cable lock, and a batt. main cut off. I try not give any an easy way to steal my **** and be careless. I learned at 10 yrs old when, I went swimming at the loco pool. And when I came out to go home my bike was gone. Yeah not locked up in the bike rack like 75% were.This was the end of summer. I had parked it in the bike rack all summer long unlocked.
I did not have a lock and did not think, I really needed one since:, I had a bike Lic plate on it..

I loved the 24" bike as, I enjoyed many summers riding every place, I went. Also had a wooden box mounted on the rear rack that was an old paper boys bag rack for a place the dog to ride went fishing at a few ponds a number of miles away.. I always made my stuff hard to steel after that SOB got my first bike..orich.

A lot guys use a just a switched on & off electric fuel pumps to keep there vehicle from being ripped off. I also run a E-pump but inline as a back up if the manual fails..

I've got too many man hrs. and lots of $$$$ with in the 35 yrs of pleasure to be careless for it to be stolen...My 2cents...orich

Ps...
Now simple $5 dollar battery main shut off isan ez way too save your old gal from running off with another guy
In my 25 years of driving and more cars than i can count, this is the first car i've ever had stolen. When i get some money to start restoring my truck the first thing i will do it install some anti theft goodies.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:35 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe just remove the coil wire for now until you can do other upgrades.

May be that guy is also a member on this site too and needed some parts off your rig to make his look better..

So best if you don't say what you'll do other let your dog rip his nuts off
Better then killing the *** hole..
orich