6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

what Tuner and what gauges

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Canadianpowerstroke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what Tuner and what gauges

Ok so im selling my Bully dog GT Tuner. I only use it for the gauges. Yet I have been hearing still get rid of it. So im looking at the SCT tuner.
ok ok ok enough of the hand clapping lol
So I liked the bully dog because of the veiwing of the gauges, however does the SCT tuner witht he 3 custom tunes come with it too. i saw that its $99 for the standard tuner. no tunes
$347 for the tuner with 3 custom tunes.

The question is Do I need the custom tunes, I just drive it to work and that is it. I dont stomp it or nothing fancy like that. i take it to my motocross track with my son and our bikes.

and i dont want to buy any gauges, i would like to have them on the tuner like the Bully Dog.

thanks for your help.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadianpowerstroke
and i dont want to buy any gauges, i would like to have them on the tuner like the Bully Dog.
PHP's Gryphon CS/CTS or the SCT Livewire/iTSX do gauges with custom tuning. Or get an SCT tuner and run a ScanGauge, Edge CS or CTS, or DasqDaq that's not integrated into the tuner. You aren't doing SOTF tuning, so is it really a big deal to unplug the gauge box when you want to change tunes?

Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love my Edge insight CTS. Here is the link Edge Products| Product if you go with the Edge CTS i would look into the EAS ( Edge Accessory System ).

Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Canadianpowerstroke
Senior User
what about this one

<TABLE id=product style="WIDTH: 560px" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=name colSpan=2>Ford Diesel New Evolution - 2005-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Evolution</TD></TR><TR><TD class=image><TABLE class=pimage cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=img></TD><TD class=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bottom></TD><TD class=bottom-right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=details><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width=192><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=14></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=14></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=14></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=14></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=product cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text colSpan=2>FORD 6.0 POWERSTROKE 2005-2007

KEY FEATURES
• FIRST PROGRAMMER TO READ AND DISPLAY EGTs, probe included
• Provides in-cab display to monitor vital engine functions
• Additional 100 HP and 200 ft. lbs of torque
• Three power levels with special mileage tune for improved fuel economy
• Ships with a custom designed pod
• Internet updateable (cable included)
• Displays and clear diagnostic trouble codes
• Adjustable LED backlight color
• Does 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times
• Displays Alerts and Records such as RPM, MPH and EGT
• Datalogs vital engine information
• Simple installation

ADVANCED TUNING
• Able to adjust shift points/pressure
• Adjustable speed/rev limiter
• Speedometer correction (corrects tire size on 2005-2007 vehicles with ABS)

PERFORMANCE TESTING
• 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times

DATA STREAM
• Records 5 parameters for up to 60 seconds

PIDS
The Evolution allows the user to view up to 4 PIDs at one time. There are 11 different PIDs to choose from. Below is a list and description of each:
• RPM (revolutions per minute) – Engine speed.
• MPH (miles per hour) – Note: Dash display may be +/-3 MPH off from the digital display due to mechanical differences in the spring, etc. used to control the gauge.
• ECT (engine coolant temperature) – Degrees F.
• BST (Boost Pressure) - PSI
• EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) – Degrees F.
• EOT (Engine oil temperature) – Degrees F.
• TFT (Transmission fluid temperature) – Degrees F.
• IAT (Intake air temperature) – Degrees F.
• BARO (Barometric pressure) – PSI
• BAT (Battery voltage)
• DTC (Diagnostic trouble code count)

The following power gains are representative of an actual test vehicle. These gains were measured on a SuperFlow Dyno at an altitude of 4400 ft above sea level, and represent power delivered to the rear wheels of the test truck. The only modification made to the test truck was the addition of the Edge Evolution module. Power gains may vary based on vehicle and geographical location.

Level 0: Stock
Level 1 (Trans Only) Only adds transmission line pressure for firmer shifts.
Level 2 (Economy): 15 Horsepower - 55 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3 (Tow): 60 Horsepower - 110 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4 (Extreme): 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque

Not legal for on-street use in the state of CA. Product is currently undergoing required emissions tests in order to be granted an Executive Order (E.O.) number from the California Air Resources Board (CARB), allowing legal, on-street use. New versions of the product will result from this activity and Edge customers will be informed of that on this website. Watch for this announcement soon.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 1,000 Posts
It'll put your transmission in jeopardy. Just get the known to be good SCT with a custom tune.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:47 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

The Evo won't damage your trans, it's was the original Juice with Attitude that earned the bad reputation.

But why just get the Edge canned tunes when Bill at PHP writes custom tunes for the Edge platforms? His tunes are just as good as the custom writers on the SCT platform, at that point you're buying the coding and not the hardware box that loads it.
Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon™ CS & CTS - Diesel

Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
For the Apple products the DashBoss kicks *** for gauges.

Josh

Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
Very. Nice looking unit. It would look great in the truck. PID list is kinda short though and the trans tuning could be a problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Canadianpowerstroke
Senior User
WOW Now i'm really confused lol so in a nut shell go with the SCT tuner is this what im reading.

if you can all state the tuner that is good and pros and Cons pleaase.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM
f-350 turbo
Mountain Pass
PHP set me up with Gryphon FICM tuner, ECM roll back and a 25hp tow safe with EGR delete. I also have the DashBoss with fuel pressure and EGT sensors. I'm very happy with this set up. As a bonus my fuel mileage improved as well 14.5 mpg to 16.6 mixed driving.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Canadianpowerstroke
Senior User
HMMM im new here mang PHP Can you PM me the place and how much.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

PHP FICM tunes are very popular (especially since the FICM guy is selling them with his rebuilds now, two birds one stone and all), but their Gryphon tuners don't get as much love. They're expensive because the hardware is expensive, but the boxes are expandable and can do 'almost' all the PIDs a 6.0L needs to have watched constantly.

Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon™ CS & CTS - Diesel

Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
f-350 turbo
Mountain Pass
The Gryphon can tune your FICM and ECM but... you have to pick the one or the other. What PHP did was sent me a Gryphon with the FICM tunes then made a phone- Pegasus appointment with them to read the ECM strategy and to temporary convert the Gryphon to a ECM programmer. Then did the rollback and and loaded the 25hp heavy tow tune & EGR delete. Then changed it back to the Atlas FICM tuner. So the only tunes I can change are the 4 FICM tunes. The Gryphon reads PIDS so you could use it for gages. You might need a seperate fuel pressure gauge though. The truck was a dog off the line but now its quick. It was about $500. Power Hungry Performance - FICM Reprogramming

Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
05 f250 6 inch lift
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To the OP. If you only use your bullydog for the gauges an not the tunes. An you like the way it looks. Then keep it. It's only bad for your truck if you are using it to tune your truck. If your running stock an using it for the gauges then its not going to harm your truck at all.