Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
New User

jraquel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Did you ever find out when you bought it? Warranty starts at that point.
December 19, 2007. 98, 800 miles.

I am currently in an disagreement with my dealer and Ford on why they are not wanting to fix this cooler problem. Discussion continues today.

Only reason it is not over 100,000 miles is because I can not keep it running long enough and also my fear of leaving home in it from fear of it shutting me down, like it did this time, right in my driveway. I am thankful I was not half way between being on some deserted highway and civilization when it quit this time. It put me down in Texas once, 100 miles from the nearest city. Dropped the rear driveshaft.

Thanks.

Last edited by SteveBricks; 10-14-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: legal
Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraquel View Post
It put me down in Texas once, 100 miles from the nearest city. Dropped the rear driveshaft.

And I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone that these trucks have a weak driveshaft.

Do you have a lift?

My oil cooler is fatigued to some degreee, and mine only has 60,000 miles on it. My cooling systems is also finicky. It's too bad this truck didn;t turn out to be as tough or reliable as I had hoped.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...-it-costs.html

Last edited by SteveBricks; 10-14-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: legal
Old 07-27-2013, 03:40 PM
New User

aprohoroff is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bad Oil cooler

Sounds better than my dealer mine is in the shop now they said it had coolant contamination,and need to replace the oil cooler and flush the system. For $3875 and warranty is Master Tech sold by them and they denied coverage because of the contamination. The dealer is in Houston Tx area. Truck is a 2008 F-250 with 42,000 mi. Considering options.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Junior User

captainkbt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprohoroff View Post
Sounds better than my dealer mine is in the shop now they said it had coolant contamination,and need to replace the oil cooler and flush the system. For $3875 and warranty is Master Tech sold by them and they denied coverage because of the contamination. The dealer is in Houston Tx area. Truck is a 2008 F-250 with 42,000 mi. Considering options.
What dealer?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:21 PM
New User

Oil Cooler

Ron Carter Ford Alvin,Tx
Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraquel View Post
My oil cooler was replaced by the dealer under the 100,000 mile warranty. Lasted 8 months, blew up again.

I have a lemon lawyer looking into all this stuff that has happened to mine.

2 radiators (no help from warranty on either)

2 oil coolers ruptured or what ever in the heck happens to them.

Turbo going bad because of the dealer who fixed the first oil cooler forgot to tighten the oil line to the turbo (but would not fix it. Charged me $2300.00 to fix it.)

Had to replace the front motor cover.

Had to replace the front crankshaft seal.

I have not had this much trouble with all the vehicles combined in my 58 years of owning and driving vehicles, most of which have been Chevrolet.

I have never really seen a "Lemon" but if this one does not fit the qualifications of one, I think maybe there is no such thing as a "Lemon".

We have actually been afraid to drive it out of sight of the house.
You might look at IPR they sell a kit to relocate the cooler out from under engine manifold to the right side by the brake master cyclinder. At least then if it fails its easy to get to they say a one hr. job. Be aware its not cheap. IPRresearch.com 626-926-5900.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
New User

Chris Anderson is starting off with a positive reputation.
EGR Delete Kit

The 08 f250 is known for bad egr coolers. The best way to protect your engine is to buy an egr delete kit. it comes with blocker plates to bolt on where the egr was. You will need a programmer to coinside with the plates. I reccoment h&s mini maxx. This is a good thing for your engine, egr coolers are garbage and a hassle.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:16 PM
New User

jraquel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Chris,

Is the cooler you are talking about "egr", the one inside the engine or is it an external cooler?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:30 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
EGR coolers are pretty good in this motor and so the oil cooler as a whole. Proper coolant maintance is a must.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM
New User

Dana Alexander is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.4 LTR PIECE OF JUNK

FORD IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK!!!
I have a 2009 F 350 with the 6.4 Diesel, at 100,000 miles the timing chain cover caved in, the oil cooler inside the OIL COOLER blew, the high and low pressure fuel pumps went out ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!! 100,000 MILES!!! ON A DIESEL????

I have a 2008 F 350 also, GUESS WHAT???????? 120,000 MILES AND THE OIL COOLER BLEW!!! These trucks should fall under the Lemon Law but guess what??? THEY DONT!!!

IT COST $14,000.00 TO FIX THE 2009 JUST 4 MONTHS AGO!

The dealership had to warranty $7000.00 of that because why you say??

BECAUSE THEY HAD JUST REPLACED THE TIMING CHAIN COVER 6 MOS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT!

So now what do I do with the 2008???? Spend another $14,000.00 on it because corporate America worries more about their bottom dollar than they do about their reputation?????
Old 10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Just as a friendly reminder to all of our guidelines, FTE does not host legal discussions:

Quote:
8. Legal Actions.
You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney.
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Discussion Forum Guidelines

Thanks for your cooperation. Carry on
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-14-2013, 07:46 PM
New User

Dana Alexander is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guess I shouldn't have complained about your glorious "Ford"
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Alexander View Post
Guess I shouldn't have complained about your glorious "Ford"
The wise move here would have been to abide by the guidelines you agreed to upon joining which cite the above noted one about discussing legal actions.

This one's done.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2008, 64, 64l, cooling, deisel, diesel, duty, engines, f250, ford, issue, leaking, oil, problems, super, tranny