Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Operation- Ugly Stick continues *New pics added 10/24

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
nstueve
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
beep beep beep back up... aren't then handles stainless to if the piano hinges were stainless??? just checking since you painted over them after being a critic of the last guy who painted the hinges... LOL... just giving you some crap!

Anyhow... it looks good! You going to paint her blue like the cab???

Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
nstueve
Postmaster
BACK TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF... LOL!

Originally Posted by Slip ford man
Cool!...these last few posts inspired me to try to get my brand new limber started. I've had it for 5 years, and could never get her running past 10 seconds. After an hour of trying today, I decided to take a look at the spark plug. To my shock, it was only threaded in about one turn. Where is the quality control at Husqvarna, how was it ever tested before leaving the plant, do they loosen the plug before shipping, should they tell the customer? so many questions...I tighten the plug, and it fired right up, and all thanks to you
good work! idiots at the factory...

How do you like the lil' husky? I have been looking for a good all purpose limber. I was realizing how much my 6401 weighs after cutting two big oaks last weekend. I used the 6401 for felling, bucking, and limbing... I was kinda tired in the forearms after that... I've got a little 38cc mac cat but it's a chain store saw and only expected to go 50-75hrs (doesn't run the best either). I have been thinking about finding a smaller dolmar/makita or maybe a husky or stihl... it depends on what floats my way cheap!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nstueve

How do you like the lil' husky? I have been looking for a good all purpose limber. I was realizing how much my 6401 weighs after cutting two big oaks last weekend. I used the 6401 for felling, bucking, and limbing... I was kinda tired in the forearms after that... I've got a little 38cc mac cat but it's a chain store saw and only expected to go 50-75hrs (doesn't run the best either). I have been thinking about finding a smaller dolmar/makita or maybe a husky or stihl... it depends on what floats my way cheap!

Oh I just love it nstueve, what a great little saw. Some of the pro's had a few complaints about them(exhaust discharge direction/heat, ease of tightening chain,etc. that's why you can find them at a very good price, new/used ones. The new up-graded model has a few more features, and the pros like them very much. Its hard to pick up the Stihl now, but the right saw for the right job, is the way forward.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beep beep beep back up... aren't then handles stainless to if the piano hinges were stainless??? just checking since you painted over them after being a critic of the last guy who painted the hinges... LOL... just giving you some crap!

Anyhow... it looks good! You going to paint her blue like the cab???
I wish they were SS. I just left those on this side and ran over the top of them. They look horrible in person. I need to drill them out and sand blast them up. After pulling this side down I noticed the factory painted the hinges first (epoxy primer was first coat on them.)

The cab is getting replaced or stripped and painted also. It has 3 layers on it but not as bad.

The fenders are factory blue replaced them in March with 40 buck rust free cheapys for a sticker I never went and got.

The body now is a very dark/almost black- blue high flake paint that I can never match up again. I was thinking over many different options. But, "I think" the trucks is going to be two tone. Black top bottom, silver sides Black body with silver striping of some sort. I was going to go snow camo for fun but this is going to be on job sites and needs to look professional to a degree. Im not going for perfect on this thing, it is a work truck but it should be nice when its done.

I'm not pulling that rear door pillar straight. I left that open in the pics so it could be seen as I was going to bring up pulling methods people would think could get it close. I'm past that now, its fine, its a work truck - leave it be, the door works perfect...

Back to replacing the cab..... I have a friend that owns 117 used auto sales here in Leominster MA. He will get me a clean cab for 300. If he can find it in black its a done deal. ATM this one has drivers floor letting go and a lil rust in drivers cab corner on the inside I don't want to repair it if not needed.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru

Heres one just down the road from you eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices looks like it seen lite use, although missing the Husky name on the side

Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM
nstueve
Postmaster
Saw that one... $200+ seems steep to me... I have been looking around at 010, 020, 011 stihls for $100-$150... idk maybe!

Is Jonsered and husky the same company????

Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Saw that one... $200+ seems steep to me... I have been looking around at 010, 020, 011 stihls for $100-$150... idk maybe!

Is Jonsered and husky the same company????
I don't know who they are, they may be something like a Sears over there in Europe. But the saw was made by Husky for sure, just a different name on it..

Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
We better return this thread to the OP and the build

Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by Slip ford man
I don't know who they are, they may be something like a Sears over there in Europe. But the saw was made by Husky for sure, just a different name on it..
Red has been around forever. They are pro saws and just might make the husky. We are just in the states and Americans like orange. Me not so much...

I was like hey, I have posts. O, no I dont ...

Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
Red has been around forever. They are pro saws and just might make the husky. We are just in the states and Americans like orange. Me not so much...

I was like hey, I have posts. O, no I dont ...

I did some snooping around quote:

Husqvarna's Other brands

Husqvarna’s tactical brands hold strong positions in regional or local markets, or in specific product categories. The tactical brands create scope for flexibility and can, for example, expand to geographical markets or product categories if required. The Group’s regional brands also hold strong positions in their local markets, but there are no plans to expand them into new markets. Examples of tactical and regional brands are:

Tactical:

Jonsered - professional products and high-performance products for consumers in the premium-segment sold by dealers mainly in the Nordic region.
PoulanPro – consumer products in the mid-segment sold by retailers in North America.
WeedEater - consumer products in the mid/low-segment sold by retailers in North America.
Dixon - professional products in the premium-segment sold by dealers in North America.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 AM
broncoderek
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
Ahh you need more info~ 800 miles on the plugs. Motor is junk. Sad as it only has 115K on the clock. But that's what all the guys in this area say the 351 is good for.
My Bronco had a 351 and I sold it at 200,000 miles. The oil was still fairly clean between changes. Take care of a motor and it'll last a looong time.

I love the project. Id like to swap my Flareside bed for a utility bed some day. Idont know why exactly I just love 'em!

BTW, Im in southeastern MA. Not that it matters much.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by broncoderek
My Bronco had a 351 and I sold it at 200,000 miles. The oil was still fairly clean between changes. Take care of a motor and it'll last a looong time.

I love the project. Id like to swap my Flareside bed for a utility bed some day. Idont know why exactly I just love 'em!

BTW, Im in southeastern MA. Not that it matters much.
Plymouth area ?