Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
New User

05ford expy is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is a Smartbox?

We sent our vehicle 05 Expedition to the garage because it wouldn't start...we had a few other diagnoses before actually breaking down and not starting, but we ended up towing it to the garage and they took a look at it. My husband said he thought it was the fuel pump, but the garage called and said they had to order a Smartbox for it. Does anyone know what it is? I tried googling it but to no prevail...
Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Never heard of it. Ask the shop for more specifics on it.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
I answered this last night saying that I thought it had to be the ECM or PCM. I do not know for sure. The only "Smart Box" that I've seen in use was a box that a trans tech made years ago to run tests on the AODE and the 4R70 transmissions in the car before such equipment was readily available to non dealer techs. That guy was really smart.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mel View Post
I answered this last night saying that I thought it had to be the ECM or PCM.
For $250...I don't think so. More likely it's the fuel pump module (not the pump.)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...ml#post9632474
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
For $250...I don't think so. More likely it's the fuel pump module (not the pump.)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...ml#post9632474
A "Smart Box" is a pretty vague discription of a part, it could be dern near anything. I've never seen a part by that name.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Senior User

I fish is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm no expert, but i think the "smart box" is the module that controls your electrical system. it keeps you from locking your keys in the ignition, and when it dies often times you won't be able to start the ignition, lock the doors, turn on headlights, and even use power windows. might be aka "power distribution box"
Old 12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to behold
Well, my 07 Mariner has a "Smart Junction Box".....
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 12-03-2010, 08:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
06, box, duty, e450, escape, expedition, f150, ford, recall, smart, smartbox, sport, super, trac, wiring