6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

AutoNation Tustin Srvice - need more training

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:55 PM
King_Kong_01
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoNation Tustin Srvice - need more training

Brought my truck (2012 F350) for recall service for one of the faulty exhaust temperature sensors. It took them one week to replace the sensor (!), then when I came to pick it up I got: "Trailer Brake Module Fault" message on the display.
I have never seen this message, since I own the truck (I am original owner). The service adviser said it will take a minute to reprogram the module and took the truck back to the shop. Came back after a while, saying that it didn't help and I need to leave the truck, so another technician can work on it tomorrow. Tomorrow came and I got the call that they reprogrammed the module, but the message still shows up, so they need to work on it (another day!).
As of now they still don't know what is going on.
Apparently they broke something while replacing the EGT sensor and have no idea how to fix it.
I don't think I can trust these guys anymore. My advise, find another dealer for any of your service needs.
BJ

Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
module has to be replaced.

EGT sensor is no where near the dash.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM
King_Kong_01
Junior User
Originally Posted by senix
module has to be replaced.

EGT sensor is no where near the dash.
If it is the case, could that be just a coincidence that it died at the time of servicing, or they broke it somehow (?)

BJ

Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 PM
senix
Super Moderator
don't see how they could have broken in.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:17 AM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Takes two minutes to replace the sensor. I wonder if they knackered the brake wiring by using the lift improperly.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:00 PM
King_Kong_01
Junior User
don't see how they could have broken in.
Well if it's not possible to brake it, and everything was fine at the time I left it at the dealer, then what else could have happen?
I left the truck to fix the EGT sensor, everything else was fine, now the truck is sitting there for 10 days already (they couldn't even tell me how much longer) the trailer brake module may have to be replaced, I don't have my truck and can't get a straight answer on the issue from anyone at the dealership.

Look for other service options, don't go there!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 03:04 PM
senix
Super Moderator
in my 06 I was driving to work and made a left hand turn and mine displayed a fault.

No trailer hooked up at the time. So tell me what I did wrong? Nothing.

It just happens.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Electronics and plastics have unknown lifetime. Sooner or later, they are going to break or go bad. Some may last a lifetime till it goes to scrap yard and others may not last but a few years. Unless you can identify a problem, just attribute it to the electronic gremlins.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:55 PM
King_Kong_01
Junior User
in my 06 I was driving to work and made a left hand turn and mine displayed a fault.

No trailer hooked up at the time. So tell me what I did wrong? Nothing.

It just happens.
I could not break this module, since I didn't see the truck for several days - there is no way I could have broken it remotely. The truck was at the dealer all that time.
Now if theoretically it died on its own while being serviced (let's assume they didn't do anything specific that caused it to fail), am I supposed to be responsible for the repair? This is ridiculous.
BJ

Old 04-25-2017, 01:47 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by King_Kong_01
I could not break this module, since I didn't see the truck for several days - there is no way I could have broken it remotely. The truck was at the dealer all that time.
Now if theoretically it died on its own while being serviced (let's assume they didn't do anything specific that caused it to fail), am I supposed to be responsible for the repair? This is ridiculous.
BJ
Unless you can prove that something they did to cause the module to fail, then yes, you will have to pay for the module to be replaced.

Know it sucks....but as I use to tell my kids.....life ain't fair...

Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 AM
King_Kong_01
Junior User
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
Unless you can prove that something they did to cause the module to fail, then yes, you will have to pay for the module to be replaced.

Know it sucks....but as I use to tell my kids.....life ain't fair...
So, you're saying that they can screw up anything and make you pay for it, because there is no way you can prove they did it?
I really don't see how anyone can actually prove anything what happened at dealer shop, even if someone uses video camera.
All I can prove in my case is that I did not get the "Trailer Brake Module Fault" before I left the truck for EGT sensor replacement. First time I got this message was when they told me the truck is ready and I put the key in the ignition.
I think I will seek a legal advise on this.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Don't recall if you said, but did you speak with the service manager about this? Perhaps some good will and they will fix it.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM
slorider
Senior User
Originally Posted by King_Kong_01
So, you're saying that they can screw up anything and make you pay for it, because there is no way you can prove they did it?
Yep, it happened to me. Dealer replaced the turbo oil line under warranty and the very next day the turbo coolant line started leaking (opposite side of turbo), so I brought it back expecting them fix the new leak either under warranty or in good faith.... nope, was told it would cost several hundred to repair since they were not working near the coolant line and that the cooling system isn't covered under the 5year/50k. To add to the insult I had to pay a $100 diagnostic fee. I even got a FTE Ford rep and then a district manager involved only for them to say that I could bring it to another dealer to see if they would cover the repair under warrantee.