Notices
Marketplace Ford Trucks and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2022 Super Duty cup holder ambient light harness

For Sale

Old 04-20-2022, 04:43 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Received 626 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 superdutyal
JHForman812,
Do you know if I can do this, and also add them to the cup holders behind the arm rest/lid? Do they fit?
Thanks,
Al
Lighting the rear cup holders is a whole nother game, and would be completely custom. I can make the harness run to them so thats not a problem but youd have to come up with a solution to make them light up.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:04 PM
05 superdutyal
Mountain Pass
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JHForman812
Lighting the rear cup holders is a whole nother game, and would be completely custom. I can make the harness run to them so thats not a problem but youd have to come up with a solution to make them light up.
Sorry JHForman812,
I was talking about the front center consol second set of cup holders. They look about same as the front on my 2018.
I also haven't got the 2022 just yet. Still in shipping.
Al

Old 04-20-2022, 08:35 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Sorry JHForman812,
I was talking about the front center consol second set of cup holders. They look about same as the front on my 2018.
I also haven't got the 2022 just yet. Still in shipping.
Al

would still be a custom deal, making the harnss no problem. coming up with a lighting solution might be difficult. theres nothing factory that youll be able to drop in there

Old 04-20-2022, 09:26 PM
05 superdutyal
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by JHForman812
would still be a custom deal, making the harnss no problem. coming up with a lighting solution might be difficult. theres nothing factory that youll be able to drop in there
Ok.
Thanks. I will order your parts after truck arrives.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:01 PM
08duramax
Cross-Country
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Finally able to install mine. Fishing the wiring harness sucked a little but not as much as getting the console back in place. That sucked. Also before re-assembling I plugged everything in to test it. Nothing worked. Thought my harness was bad. Then realized none of the lights were working. Learned the ambient lighting is a setting through the sync and had to be turned on. Once I turned it on it worked perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-29-2022, 11:29 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 08duramax
Finally able to install mine. Fishing the wiring harness sucked a little but not as much as getting the console back in place. That sucked. Also before re-assembling I plugged everything in to test it. Nothing worked. Thought my harness was bad. Then realized none of the lights were working. Learned the ambient lighting is a setting through the sync and had to be turned on. Once I turned it on it worked perfectly.

Lots of people have been there.

Old 05-11-2022, 10:04 AM
v6turbota
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ambient lighting harness

I'd be interested in a harness I already have the ring and led harness but am going to order the color change leds for the truck and already have the forscan obd adapter also. How long will it take to get a harness from you? Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for buying the plugs that are on the Ford harnesses? I understand if you don't want to and I'll still buy a harness either way. Just let me know thanks

Old 05-11-2022, 04:57 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by v6turbota
I'd be interested in a harness I already have the ring and led harness but am going to order the color change leds for the truck and already have the forscan obd adapter also. How long will it take to get a harness from you? Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for buying the plugs that are on the Ford harnesses? I understand if you don't want to and I'll still buy a harness either way. Just let me know thanks

if youre just needing the plugs for the under seat lights and the cup holders so you can build your own the part numbers are 31067-1010 and 31067-1070 pins youll need to look at the drawings/tech information and find out which ones you want. Id order some 20/22 and 18/20 of both depending on how you configure your harness. the plugs for the door ambient lights are not the same and I dont think? I have never looked them up.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:21 AM
05 superdutyal
Mountain Pass
JHForman812,
Do you still sell both wire harnesses? All I need is the light ring? I should have my truck this weekend.
Thanks,
Al

Old 05-18-2022, 04:27 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
JHForman812,
Do you still sell both wire harnesses? All I need is the light ring? I should have my truck this weekend.
Thanks,
Al

I do still have both available(im down to about 5 sets of lights left). please email me JHForman@ gmail. com take the spaces out.

Old 06-01-2022, 04:05 PM
aguyindallas
4th Gear
Payment sent for the harness via PayPal

Old 06-08-2022, 05:49 AM
mayurreddy
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 Expedition Cup holder ambient lighting

A big shoutout to @@JHForman812 for helping me with the wiring harness . It was top quality work that he does building the wiring harness for the cup holders.

The 2022 Ford Expeditions have lost the ambient light in the cup holders . Was doing research about this and bumped into this thread. before we go ahead my Expedition is a platinum trim with ambient lighting but missing the feature in the cup holder. I have purchased the parts HC3Z-14A318-C & HC3Z-14A318-E

Initially was going back and forth with @@JHForman812 about what type of cup holders are in the expedition like the F-150 or superduty , was supposed to meet him next day as we come to find out he lives about 20mins away from where i work. But the DIY guy in my head was bugging me to start the mod . I went ahead and opened it up and come to find out it is same as the F-150 cup holder but with very negligible changes.

I went ahead and finished the mod. Now the negligible change is the way the bottom of the cup holders is fixed , it was plastic welded to the base, has to cut those and install the ring, to fix the base I used small screws and washers that i got from home depot.

Coming to the pieces that hold your cup when put your cup in there, I used to small butane torch to heat the base and pressed it by hand for them to fit into the slots perfectly.

I usually don't write posts , but I tried my best to explain what I did. Attaching pictures that I took while I did this mod.

I was finished with my mod on sunday morning and @@JHForman812 drove 20mins just to give me wiring in person. He is such a nice person that he offered experimenting this mod on my 22 Expedition with the stuff that he has at his place and said why do you want to experiment on the factory cup holder, he cares about a quality output and is Honest.

Before Install

These are the four bolts that you need to remove and pull the console upwards to remove it

This is how the stock one looks . Notice how the base is plastic welded to the upper part

Passenger side ambient light is easily accessible by pulling the felt cover down

Y harness that i got from @JHForman812

Routing it through the center console

I have routed the wire through the console from the passenger side

Finished Product

Ambient Light working.

The following 2 users liked this post by mayurreddy:
Old 06-08-2022, 09:29 AM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by mayurreddy
A big shoutout to @@JHForman812 for helping me with the wiring harness . It was top quality work that he does building the wiring harness for the cup holders.

The 2022 Ford Expeditions have lost the ambient light in the cup holders . Was doing research about this and bumped into this thread. before we go ahead my Expedition is a platinum trim with ambient lighting but missing the feature in the cup holder. I have purchased the parts HC3Z-14A318-C & HC3Z-14A318-E

Initially was going back and forth with @@JHForman812 about what type of cup holders are in the expedition like the F-150 or superduty , was supposed to meet him next day as we come to find out he lives about 20mins away from where i work. But the DIY guy in my head was bugging me to start the mod . I went ahead and opened it up and come to find out it is same as the F-150 cup holder but with very negligible changes.

I went ahead and finished the mod. Now the negligible change is the way the bottom of the cup holders is fixed , it was plastic welded to the base, has to cut those and install the ring, to fix the base I used small screws and washers that i got from home depot.

Coming to the pieces that hold your cup when put your cup in there, I used to small butane torch to heat the base and pressed it by hand for them to fit into the slots perfectly.

I usually don't write posts , but I tried my best to explain what I did. Attaching pictures that I took while I did this mod.

I was finished with my mod on sunday morning and @@JHForman812 drove 20mins just to give me wiring in person. He is such a nice person that he offered experimenting this mod on my 22 Expedition with the stuff that he has at his place and said why do you want to experiment on the factory cup holder, he cares about a quality output and is Honest.

Before Install

These are the four bolts that you need to remove and pull the console upwards to remove it

This is how the stock one looks . Notice how the base is plastic welded to the upper part

Passenger side ambient light is easily accessible by pulling the felt cover down

Y harness that i got from @JHForman812

Routing it through the center console

I have routed the wire through the console from the passenger side

Finished Product

Ambient Light working.
it was a pleasure meeting you and workin with you to get these back in your expedition!

Old 06-15-2022, 11:33 AM
firetruckevd
1st Gear
Harness

I would like to order a harness from you for my ‘22 F350 Tremor

Old 06-15-2022, 04:51 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by firetruckevd
I would like to order a harness from you for my ‘22 F350 Tremor

Please email me JHForman@ Gmail. Com take the spaces out.

Thanks,
John