1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Attn: aksniper 60/40 seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 01:01 AM
Kallie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How has your hunt for buckets gone? I still have yet to find anything. If I do find something I'll let you know. Do have a preference in year or color? Well If you want I'll check if I can find anything while looking for mine.

Kim

Old 02-04-2002, 11:00 PM
aksniper
Senior User

Hey Kim,

Long time no speak. Hehe. Well so far I have found one or two bucket seats that I like and I'm looking into getting them but so far haven't heard back from the companies as to whether or not they got all the parts to swap easily or if I'll be doing some work. Hopefully find out soon cause kind of getting anxious. Can't start putting in my radios and light switches unless I got room to put them in between the seats. Umm..pretty much looking for brand new ones in like grey or black maybe. Anyways, while I'm waiting I'll see what I can find here on this end to for you. What year was your truck again?

James

Old 02-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Kallie
Senior User

Hi, your rigt longtime. Well mine is a 88 Xtra cab. I am considering prting out my 91 Exploder and it has grey leather with all the bells and whistles, like electric air lumbar. They are not too bad but I better check again it has been sittin in the driveway for 3 months. By the way how to do the newer ones run? I have heard that there is lot of engine quirks in the newer ones and I really like my 88 but I cn't get a lot of the newer cool stuff for it. I want the hid head lights and the clear tail light lenses. I have found that most of the stuff is for 93 and above and headlights for 89's. My son wants my truck real bad. The worst thing is it is dark brown with a wide ugly tan stripe on the bottom. I'll just have to paint it.
Until we speak again.

Thanks,
Kallie

Old 02-05-2002, 10:15 PM
aksniper
Senior User

Hehe, okay, now I got an odd question, which do you go by, Kim or Kallie? Seen both on your messages I think so just wondering.

I've heard some complaints about the newer ones but personally, I love my '96, even with its little 2.3L in it. Lot of people think they are weak and I'll agree, but I've also beat some V6s too so I won't complain. But even I am about set to double the HP and torque on my engine by putting in a new performance air intake with a K&N cone filter on it, Jacobs ignition, mass air flow, headers and new exhaust, and some more stuff. Only reason I'm doing all this is cause I'm going to put a lift kit, new 15" tires, lights, roll bar, and hopefully start towing stuff too.

Also, a lot of the like '93 to '98 all seem to have a lot of problems like with the dome light, door ajar dinger, whipers and washer, and stuff like that but thanks to everyone here, all pretty simple to fix type stuff. Also, a lot of problems I think with the newer 4.0L engines but seems to be the way it goes.

The newer ones got a lot of computer stuff and in a way its a lot better than the older models but at the same time better I think. One thing I love about the 2.3L though is that once you find the right places to look and the right people to talk to, the possibilities on building it up are practically endless.

When I get a better job and more money I'm going to start rebuilding a brand new 2.3L and turn my truck into a race truck. But anyways, I'll let you go for now and if you wanna know more I can tell ya more. And I don't blame your son for wanting your truck. Hehe. Rangers are pretty nice trucks. Bye for now.

James

Old 02-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Kallie
Senior User

Hi, It's not really an odd question, I go by both. Actually my favorite dog (i have 3,2 Aussie's and a Pom)is Kallie and on the internet except for e-mail where I am Kim a Pooh-a-holic(Winnie the Pooh)and prety much anywhere else I'm Kallie just because Kim is a boring name everyone is Kim. Well I don't know which body style I like more and I have enough vehicles. My 88 Ranger has a 2.9 and is an auto I have mostly only owned manual until my Exploder and Ranger. I do know the trannies are hard to find and are spendy for the older years because I know someone that has an 88 2wd manual and the tranny dies so he just bought an another rig, and is waiting to find atranny for cheap. Well thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just paint my 88 and put a 2-3 inch body lift to fit my 31' off my Exploder. I just don't like my truck stock I want biger tires.

Take it ez,
Kallie aka Kim

Old 02-07-2002, 07:11 PM
aksniper
Senior User

Hey Kallie,

Well at least now I know what I can call you. Hehe. I must say that I agree with your last comment there though about not liking the stock look anymore. I can't wait to be done doing everything I wanna do to my truck. Anyways, back to looking for better deals on stuff for my truck. And hopefully find some good seats soon. Oh yeah, you said you wanted 60/40 split, right? Not a full bench? Just wondering cause somewhere here I saw a guy with I think a 95 or 96 full bench that he was going to put in buckets instead so just checking. Bye for now.

James

Old 02-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Kallie
Senior User

Hey James,
Your right, I did say I wanted a 60/40 split bench.But thanks for the thought. I'll keep looking too. I think I found a cheap body lift kit on ebay I'll check it out later.

Well later dayz,
Kallie

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2002, 09:24 PM
aksniper
Senior User

Hey Kallie,

Well the body lift I'm going to get I think I'll get through James Duff. Good prices and great products from what I hear. Hey, if ya want, IM me sometime and AIM and chat. I tried messaging you the other night but no response. Anyways, I'll keep looking and chat with you later. Bye for now.

James

Old 02-09-2002, 10:26 PM
dzk007
Junior User