1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

ICP IPR EBV

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 02:58 PM
FordCwazyGuy
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ICP IPR EBV

I have done some searching and can't quite find the answers i need......

First off..1995 F250 7.3 auto 2wd...bone stock with around 350k on it,actually runs great and shifts great,but once in a while it will shift pretty hard,bought it a few months ago on the cheap,replaced fuel lines on the fuel bowl and such,was needed desperately,was leaking everywhere on the intake..no more leaks...new batteries and new motorcraft glow plugs,,harness looked real good so didn't bother changing anything there.

For now i am just going through things that a high mileage 7.3 would need/upgraded...later i will do the exhaust,intake mod, trans fluid/filter change,6.0 trans cooler and a chip since i use this truck mainly for side work and hauling/towing.

And a BIG NOTE..right now i am off work for a short time because my wife has been going through some surgeries and i am staying home with her as a caretaker,she is pretty much doing really great now so i will be going back to work soon,i'm an International Ironworker so i always have work when i want it through the hall,but most of the big money jobs are out of town.......sooo..i am very limited money wise right now to keep bills paid.....

ICP..
yesterday i pulled the plug off and yup,it has oil in it ,i see prices on them anywhere from 15.00 to 200.00,,i generally use Advance Auto over any of the other stores locally because i can always get a 20-30% discount online and pick them up..they only have one available and it's a BWD #ICP202 for around 170.00....i'm thinking for that much i'd just order a new motorcraft ICP....i've actually found a few motorcrafts on ebay for around 80.00 shipped to my door..the other "medium" priced around 50.00 is the Standard Motor brands...then..there is several for dirt cheap made in china brands,most of them actually called the "Aftermarket" brand..has anyone tried these?..i've even seen them on diesel parts sites for 50.00 and up and after looking at the close of the parts with the numbers and all they are the same exact ebay 15.00 sensors....i know you get what you pay for,and i'm one that preaches it...but if they can get me by till i get back to makin good money i'm game..has anyone actually used these cheap ones?
And..how do you know if the connector on the ICP needs replaced?..mine looked fine,just has oil seeping from the sensor

IPR...how do you test it to see if it needs replaced also?

EPV and tube..i've read it might need cleaned and all i found was details and pictures of the 99-03 models..i am including a picture to point out what i think is the one on mine that i need to clean the tube or replace the sensor......i can take more pics if anyone needs....

I've read the once in a while hard shift can be caused from some of these sensors giving the computer false readings,so i am going through these things anyhow and we'll see if it helps along with a fluid change in the trans along with an upgraded cooler...

Sorry for the long typing..just trying to do right with this truck and for the moment i HAVE to be CHEAP with our current situation..otherwise i am generally the big spender on quality parts and maintenance

Old 05-05-2018, 03:01 PM
FordCwazyGuy
Mountain Pass
And another note.just a lil while ago even though i know the ICP is bad since it has oil in it,for kickers i unplugged it and fired it up and it started right up and ran smoother than it ever has since i've had it..so now to decide which one i'll be going with..i'm thinking to go ahead and order one from ebay for kickers for 15.00 to see it goes for now

Old 05-05-2018, 03:05 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,212 Likes on 833 Posts
What ever you do never buy generic brand sensors only buy OEM, they tend to either be defective, give the wrong readings and sometimes garbage out the box. And yes the sensor in the picture is the EBP sensor.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 AM
knottyrope
Lead Driver
Received 914 Likes on 693 Posts
try a weed whacker string and some pblaster with a drill to clean the tube or replace it with brake line. I replaced mine in the end. too clogged up

Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM
FordCwazyGuy
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by knottyrope
try a weed whacker string and some pblaster with a drill to clean the tube or replace it with brake line. I replaced mine in the end. too clogged up
I'm gonna pull mine off and if it is really clogged going to soak it overnight in either sea foam or a 50/50 mixture of Acetone/Trans fluid

Old 05-07-2018, 10:38 AM
knottyrope
Lead Driver
Received 914 Likes on 693 Posts
if its that bad, just replace it with brake line. I spent more time tying to clean mine and replaced it faster