Sponsored by:

New Ex having buyer remorse

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
rarmbrust3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay motors

If you bought this through ebay, they will stand up for you and make the seller pay for all he repairs, or delete their account.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Atc210
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How much and were can I get the motors? The dealer is actually working with me. Everything else has been fixed except for the passenger seat motors and seat heaters. Getting eBay involved is like trying to hire an attorney and hoping that you get your money back. Sometimes its just not worth it. Also the back up sensors sometimes have a solid tone as soon as I put it in reverse like something is behind the vehicle any ideas on what would cause that?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:11 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Just a suggestion, you could have dirt or anything on them to set them off. When it snows, I have trouble with mine

Old 09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
EXCURSIONATOR1
Senior User
I bought my X from a dealer. ! week after I got it home I noticed the balljoints were really bad. I took the truck back to them and talked to the sales manager. I gave him hell that he didn't inspect tradin's. They replaced the balljoints FREE.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Atc210
Senior User
I took it in yesterday and put 33s on it and had an alignment done. Firestone said that the ball joints really are not that bad and dont need to be changed for a while. After the alignment it tracks straight wonders a little but that could be the steering box needing tightening. The dealer is in Texas I am in Missouri its just to much of a headach for the few things that I can fix. If I fix it I know its done right, not just slapped together to work.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 AM
6686L
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[quote=Atc210;9366977]. . . . . its just too much of a headach . ./quote]

= = = = = = =

ON BUYING USED EXCURSIONS....

My heart goes out to you young, well-meaning inexperienced guys who think there is such a thing in life as a "bargin".

If you really believe that, I have some other great stories for you - a great bridge in Brooklyn for sale, that needs a little paint......your girl assures you when you give her that engagement ring " OF COURSE I AM A VIRGIN"..... the tooth fairy........, and that hairy guy who comes down the chimmney with a electric train set...SURE..!

Back to the real world. Those of you who are students of history know all about the make-up of people who sell used cars. You can find quite accurate discriptions of used horse dealers in ancient Roman and Greek literature....! Same psych. problem.

Here's the deal in the REAL world. It is always cheaper...ALWAYS, to pay top dollar for the best condition vehicle you can find, then trying to fix up what someone else abused. The ONLY person I EVER knew, who really would "give it away" was, as a fourteen year old, the neighbor's 15 year old daughter , who was a "hottie". And of COURSE she assured me "I was the only one"....!

Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 AM
scottman70
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=6686L;9367271]
Originally Posted by Atc210
. . . . . its just too much of a headach . ./quote]

= = = = = = =

ON BUYING USED EXCURSIONS....

My heart goes out to you young, well-meaning inexperienced guys who think there is such a thing in life as a "bargin".

If you really believe that, I have some other great stories for you - a great bridge in Brooklyn for sale, that needs a little paint......your girl assures you when you give her that engagement ring " OF COURSE I AM A VIRGIN"..... the tooth fairy........, and that hairy guy who comes down the chimmney with a electric train set...SURE..!

Back to the real world. Those of you who are students of history know all about the make-up of people who sell used cars. You can find quite accurate discriptions of used horse dealers in ancient Roman and Greek literature....! Same psych. problem.

Here's the deal in the REAL world. It is always cheaper...ALWAYS, to pay top dollar for the best condition vehicle you can find, then trying to fix up what someone else abused. The ONLY person I EVER knew, who really would "give it away" was, as a fourteen year old, the neighbor's 15 year old daughter , who was a "hottie". And of COURSE she assured me "I was the only one"....!
Just what I would want when something like this happens to me! A nice Lecture! Good Job!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:03 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Well put. Nothing seems to be as advertised anymore and its a cut throat business.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
That is why it is the buyers job to check out for himself what he is buying. Do your homework so you know what you are looking at when you go to check out whatever you are buying. If you know someone that has or knows the product you are buying take them along with you.

And LOL at the 15 year old hottie next door!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
6686L
Elder User
Originally Posted by hwybee22

.....Well put. Nothing seems to be as advertised anymore and its a cut throat business......
= = = = =

thank you for the compliment. But I disagree. Times change, situations change, but people dont. I believe it was the ancient Greek or Roman philosopher Pliney who said pretty much the same thing - meaning, each generation thinks IT is the center of the universe.

The real question is, how can we best help our buddies get the best deal for the buck. That hasn't changed. Of course we have to be observant.

But that just isnt enough. I have seen so many cases where people have been frustrated, wasted time and money, trying to "get a deal".

I discussed that phallacy in my above post. No matter how determined you are, no matter how good you are with tools, you can't change the simple fact that it costs more, both in time and the price of replacement parts, to get a finished product, than to simply "bite the bullet" and get a really sharp "mint" one.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 6686L

I discussed that phallacy in my above post. No matter how determined you are, no matter how good you are with tools, you can't change the simple fact that it costs more, both in time and the price of replacement parts, to get a finished product, than to simply "bite the bullet" and get a really sharp "mint" one.

That isn't true. If it were there would be allot of "builder" places out of business.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 AM
6686L
Elder User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
That isn't true. If it were there would be allot of "builder" places out of business.
WAKE UP. THERE ARE !

Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
All the ones around me seem to be doing well. I know when I do builders I make money.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Atc210
Senior User
My 2 cents, no matter what you pay for a vehicle the condition is always going to be unknown. You can do your best to check it out and have an idea of what could be or is wrong with it but in life and car buying there are no guarantees. It all comes down to is the juice worth the squeeze?

You all seem very knowledgeable and mechanically inclined so in my opinion its worth it to just fixing things yourself if you are comfortable doing so. That way its done to your standards and not the guy in a hurry to go home that day. You can pay twice what a car is worth have it looked at, inspected and a week later have a huge issue with it. The price doesn't guarantee its going to be problem free.

In my case I bought a vehicle that was supposed to be in good shape sight unseen. That's a choice I made because I was looking for something very specific in a 8 year old car. Its sad peoples word means so little anymore, but what do ya do. In my case, I made threats and got what I could out of the dealer and have moved on. The list of repairs that I had in the beginning are fare and few between now. After doing the repairs my self I am only in $2000 including new tires which I was going to change anyway. Now I have an Ex that I have gone through and set up to my standards. The most important part to me was that the thing ran good and shifted good. Everything else is just hobby work for me.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Overall, I'm glad that everything has worked out to the best for you Atc210. Yes ....you did haveto put money into that you shouldn't have, but that has increased your bond your X and now can say that you have taken over true ownership. Can you say that you should've waited for another X and not had purchased YOUR X?
6686L...sometimes its hard to bite the bullet, but sometime a buyers believes in the good of people and is bitten by the wolf in sheep clothing. I base alot on luck..I was a fool when I maked my purchase, but I was lucky and have not ran into any problems yet.

Quick Reply: New Ex having buyer remorse