New Ex having buyer remorse

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
freesoul
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Atc210
Well here is the VIN#1FMSU43F52ED22641 I am still interested in the report.fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>
I have been looking for 3 months now and have only found a few of the 7.3 ex. After reading your responses I am going to bit the bullet and keep it. They are just so hard to find and the interior is in good shape. I will try and post some pics. Or even the link to it off ebay which has several pics. You all will be getting a lot of ok what now’s from me as I work through this. <O></O>
<O></O>
I ordered cryo rotors and hawk pads already. Found a good deal on some 285-75-16 Bridgestone revos. And a free lifetime alignment out of the deal. So hopefully the ride will improve dramatically after the tires, brakes, rotors and alignment.<O></O>
<O></O>
Will 285-75-16 tires fit under it without rubbing?

Thank you all for your posts, the info is much appriciated. I'll take all the info I can get. I think I am going to work on the hubs a liitle while waiting for the rotors and breaks.
Is this the one?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Excursion-4X4-Limited-ULTIMATE-TV-DVD-7-3L-Diesel-/260658569127?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cb0761fa7 #ht_39258wt_1116

"This SUV is in GREAT condition, front end is tight and there is no play in the steering, no weird noises!!"

"This Excursion drives great, shifts out smoothly and brakes quickly. All power options operate properly."

"This SUV is described exactly as it appears, we do not want to waste your time or ours so please call <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN id=softomate_v3_highlight_0 class=skype_v3_tb_injection title=Call this phone number in United States of America with Skype: +17132995621 mode=".compat" skypeid="0" skypeaction="call" nof="" isfax="" freecall="" fwidth=".w16" type=".flex" path="file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/" durex2="%DADDYHEIGHT%" durex="%DADDYWIDTH%" context="(713) 299-5621"><SKYPE:SPAN style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" id=skype_v3_tb_droppart_0 class=skype_v3_tb_imgA title="Skype actions" skypeid="0" skypeaction="drop" skypesms="1"><SKYPE:SPAN style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)" id=skype_v3_tb_img_f0 class=skype_v3_tb_imgFlag></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN id=skype_v3_tb_img_s0 class=skype_v3_tb_imgS></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN id=skype_v3_tb_text0 class=skype_v3_tb_injectionIn><SKYPE:SPAN id=skype_v3_tb_innerText0 class=skype_v3_tb_innerText> (713) 299-5621 </SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN id=skype_v3_tb_img_r0 class=skype_v3_tb_imgR></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN> <SKYPE:SPAN id=softomate_v3_print_0 class=skype_v3_tb_injection_print context="">(713) 299-5621</SKYPE:SPAN> or email us at kksautosales@hotmail.com with any questions you have regarding this BEAUTIFUL and FULLY EQUIPPED Excursion or if your ready to purchase it!!"

I'd be pissed off, but thats just me. I shopped quite a while before buying mine and it has new tires, new batteries, lower miles, newer, and drives flawlessly for about the same price excluding shipping. Not trying to make you feel bad about your purchase and I'm sure you will love it.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 PM
dave91gt
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Regarding the condition of mine- the only issue with the interior is some small tears in the leather on the side of the drivers seat. Everything works and it was clean when I bought it. Outside is in very good shape for a 10 year old. Small dent in rear bumper where they missed the trailer and a small tear in the lower rear cladding. I was in shock for the price versus what the other ones were going for. I actually turned down an 03 that was identical to mine at a dealer that had listed it for $16000. The front bumper was caved in and the interior was completely shot. Carpet gutted with stains and all leather seats were pretty bad. Dealer sold it immediately after I turned it down. Anyway, just use better parts as the factory stuff wears out and you will make it better than new. The Ex is pretty easy to work on and parts are available.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Atc210
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by freesoul
Is this the one?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Excursion-4X4-Limited-ULTIMATE-TV-DVD-7-3L-Diesel-/260658569127?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cb0761fa7 #ht_39258wt_1116

"This SUV is in GREAT condition, front end is tight and there is no play in the steering, no weird noises!!"

"This Excursion drives great, shifts out smoothly and brakes quickly. All power options operate properly."

"This SUV is described exactly as it appears, we do not want to waste your time or ours so please call <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_injection id=softomate_v3_highlight_0 title=Call type=".flex" context="(713) 299-5621" durex="%DADDYWIDTH%" durex2="%DADDYHEIGHT%" path="file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/" fwidth=".w16" freecall="" isfax="" nof="" skypeaction="call" skypeid="0" mode=".compat" +17132995621 Skype: with America of States United in number phone this><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_imgA id=skype_v3_tb_droppart_0 title="Skype actions" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" skypeaction="drop" skypeid="0" skypesms="1"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_imgFlag id=skype_v3_tb_img_f0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_imgS id=skype_v3_tb_img_s0></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_injectionIn id=skype_v3_tb_text0><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_innerText id=skype_v3_tb_innerText0>(713) 299-5621 </SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_imgR id=skype_v3_tb_img_r0></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_v3_tb_injection_print id=softomate_v3_print_0 context="">(713) 299-5621</SKYPE:SPAN> or email us at kksautosales@hotmail.com with any questions you have regarding this BEAUTIFUL and FULLY EQUIPPED Excursion or if your ready to purchase it!!"

I'd be pissed off, but thats just me. I shopped quite a while before buying mine and it has new tires, new batteries, lower miles, newer, and drives flawlessly for about the same price excluding shipping. Not trying to make you feel bad about your purchase and I'm sure you will love it.

Ya thats the one, good find right. Not real happy about the hole thing but what do ya do. What did you think of the pics? Everything else is fine with the Ex with the exception of what i listed. But per the add, you would think it was in good shape.

Wish people still had Integrity these days. Bumer its so hard to trust peaple becouse of a few bad apples.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
freesoul
Senior User
Ya thats the one, good find right. Not real happy about the hole thing but what do ya do. What did you think of the pics? Everything else is fine with the Ex with the exception of what i listed. But per the add, you would think it was in good shape.

Wish people still had Integrity these days. Bumer its so hard to trust peaple becouse of a few bad apples.
photos look great! Just to correct your statement there are mostly bad apples in the car dealer business. Looking solely at his buyer feedback it looks good, but I would never ever spend over $2K on a vehicle and not look at it or have a 3rd party do so- caveat emptor!!

Too bad you didn't buy it direct from them you could have left appropriate feedback.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Atc210
Senior User
Ya, I here ya about the bad apples I am going to keep this Ex for a long time and have several things I want to do with it. So this has been a lesson for me Yes. Will I buy a vehicle from eBay without taking a trip to see it wont happen again.

I am getting my tires installed Friday, alignment and ball joints inspected. My Cryo rotors and Hawk pads will be here in a few weeks. So hopefully all will be good in Missouri after that.

The ebay listing sure sounds nice though don't it.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
In Las Vegas there is a small dealer specializing in Excursions, and Expy's. They had about 7 on the lot priced like yours from 16-22K with even higher mileage and parts missing/broken. The dealer also specializes in high risk loans to risky buyers in a bad neighborhood and sells them as fast as he can find them. They would not budge on any prices even as we waved cash. Luckily, we were on the way to purchase from a private seller.

BTW the $16K 7.3 ex had 230,000 miles on it and a fairly worn interior.

Enjoy your truck, you will soon forget what you paid for it after you drive it around with the windows down and the turbo winding.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM
tgreening
Elder User
Ya, I here ya about the bad apples I am going to keep this Ex for a long time and have several things I want to do with it. So this has been a lesson for me Yes. Will I buy a vehicle from eBay without taking a trip to see it wont happen again.

I am getting my tires installed Friday, alignment and ball joints inspected. My Cryo rotors and Hawk pads will be here in a few weeks. So hopefully all will be good in Missouri after that.

They aren't all bad. I bought my Superduty from Texas Direct Auto, sight unseen except for ebay pictures and a description. When I got to Houston they picked me up at the airport, the truck was actually better than I expected and had a couple unlisted options that would have run me $1000 to add, and I got it for about 3K or so under book. They were a BIG operation. No mom and pop here. The showroom had more big buck Vettes, Benzes, and Maseratts in one place then I've seen in my life. Happy camper and I'd do biz with them again.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Don't let this bring you down. You've found another true love and you'll come to realize that its your X now. Just hang around here and cross your fingers for the next 50000 miles that nothing major comes ups and then you'll know you've found a good X. Good luck and I'm scared of ebay just for that reason.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Atc210
Senior User
Its nice to here from another person that purchased from Texas Diesel good or bad. I didn't have a positive experience with them and i know they are a bigger dealer. They did not sell me the vehicle in the condition stated or else this form never would have been started. Wish I could say other wise. In fact I am having a hard time even getting a hold of them know that i have expressed my concerns to them. I am glad that they took care of you its good to here. Have you had any issues with your vehicle?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
jh818
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Since you're doing the tires and alignment, you could throw in a new set of shocks, too. You'll have to do an alignment again anyways when you decide to replace the shocks later on. You'll save one alignment job.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Atc210
Senior User
I am getting a life-time alignment for $100.00 and free tire rotation. They will do a alignment every time I bring it in for a tire rotation or just to check it. So I am not real worried about that. When that time comes going with rancho 9000s.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
tgreening
Elder User
Its nice to here from another person that purchased from Texas Diesel good or bad. I didn't have a positive experience with them and i know they are a bigger dealer. They did not sell me the vehicle in the condition stated or else this form never would have been started. Wish I could say other wise. In fact I am having a hard time even getting a hold of them know that i have expressed my concerns to them. I am glad that they took care of you its good to here. Have you had any issues with your vehicle?

I didn't buy from Texas Diesel, I bought from Texas Direct Auto. No relation as far as I know. I was just saying that all of them aren't bad and that I had a positive experience. Unfortunately it sounds like your dealer was of the stereotypical Stealership variety.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 PM
stangclassic66
Senior User
Damn! If i'da known i would of sold you mine for $18,000.

Recently turned 100k miles 7.3l
Clean interior, clean exterior
1 yr old tires, 18" rims
air bags for towing
intake/exhaust and a brand new dp chip i just installed last friday.

Only problem is intermittent radio/window operation (vsm needs replaced)

Not really sure i'd honestly sell but at that price I would have

Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Atc210
Senior User
Talked with the dealer today all is GOOD. They are working with me to make it right, so that’s good news. Also offered me any addition parts that it might need at there cost. Guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease. If all goes well it looks like with a little persuasion even the bad apples can turn good.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Its good to hear that they're working this you, but are you happy with the overall X now that you've driven to alittle?

Quick Reply: New Ex having buyer remorse