2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine error code cant find *help*

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:20 PM
jester8484
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check engine error code cant find *help*

I have two codes off my "digi moto lite" obd2 scanner

P0201 - internet search suggests it's a fuel injection code

however I can't find anything on code C3203

any help on C3203?

thanks

Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Sako 75
Senior User
This is all I can come up with for now.

The C3XXX is a generic SAE Chassis Code. I am assuming chassis electrical.

The C3203 is identified as "Injector Circuit Open - Cylinder 3"

That is all I have - I will keep looking.

Last edited by Sako 75; 09-12-2010 at 05:13 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 AM
jester8484
Junior User
thats great info to start with man thanks alot.

I cleared the codes and it still idles a little funny. i believe it is suposed to idle between 600-700 and its currently idling about 500 then every 5 seconds or so it stutters and drops to about 400 then its 500 again for 500

im hoping the same codes come back so it's a consistent problem.

thanks again

Old 09-12-2010, 11:20 AM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><CAPTION>P020x - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder X </CAPTION><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Description: </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top colSpan=4 align=left>Note: x represents injector number 1 through 9.
The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the operation of the fuel injector drivers in the powertrain control module (PCM). The test fails when the fuel injector circuitry is inoperative. </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Possible Causes: </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top colSpan=4 align=left>
  • Open circuit
  • Damaged fuel injector
  • Damaged PCM
  • Damaged fuel injector interface module (Ford GT only)
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Diagnostic Aids: </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top colSpan=4 align=left>PID Data Monitor INJxF fault flags equals YES.
For the Ford GT, this DTC is set when a concern is detected in the circuit between the PCM and the fuel injector interface module.
For all others, this DTC is set when a concern is detected between the PCM and the fuel injector. </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Application </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Key On Engine Off </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Key On Engine Running </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Continuous Memory </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Ford GT </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 align=middle>GO to Pinpoint Test HL . </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>All others </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 align=middle>GO to Pinpoint Test KG . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As for the C3203 code, I would pull the codes with a standard OBDII code reader. That code is not a Ford code. At least not a OBDII Ford code. I have seen some this happen with some of these low cost readers.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM
jester8484
Junior User
thanks for the help. I did talk to a Ford service tech and he said it's most likely carbon build up in an air valve attached to the air intake.

I found a thread on this site that shows how to uninstall this part off a 5.4 v8 triton but the pics don't match what I have.

apparently the carbon build up causes the engine to adjust the injectors but the adjustment causes this problem. so then you get an injector code because they have adjusted when they shouldn't have.

or something similar to that.

ill have a pick up later with my part to see if anyone knows if it's servicable or not.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
jester8484
Junior User

there is another thread about a similar part for this engine but this is a different part that deos teh same job.

this is the write up thread i refered to earlier
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...4l-triton.html

to avoid double posting, again thanks for the help.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Sako 75
Senior User
In the foreground of the picture is the throttle actuator control (TAC). It is the “motor” that opens and closes the throttle plate within the throttle body (this is a fly by wire system). The throttle plate and the throat of the throttle body can develop a buildup of carbon, oil and dirt particles – causing it to stick.
I clean mine at every oil change interval (I run a K&N filter). The method I use is as follows:
*Remove the intake duct work.
*Disconnect the MAF sensor connector.
*Remove the Crankcase gas recirculation line.
*Remove the Breather assembly.
*Have an assistant turn the key to the on (do not start) position and depress the accelerator fully and hold. This will hold the throttle plate open during the cleaning process.
*Using throttle body cleaner and several lint free rags, clean the throat of the throttle body and both sides of the throttle plate.
*Have your assistant (which could be a stick between the drivers seat and the accelerator pedal) release the accelerator and turn off the ignition switch.
*Allow the throttle body cleaner to evaporate (10 minutes) while reassembling the intake and related components.
*Start the engine and allow it to warm to operating temperature.
*Turn engine off and clear your DTC’s.

BTW - your 2005 5.4 L does not have an IAC valve.

Also - Sticking throttle plate is normally associated with a TAC code and fail safe or limp mode. It is often accompanied by a "forced idle condition."
<O</O
Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
That write up is for an older 5.4L 2V engine that had a serviceable IAC (I had that same one on my 01 Expy...which is what that guy used in the other thread). Unfortunately, they are very different engines and very different throttle bodies. The IAC on our 5.4L 3V engines cannot be cleaned. Per the Service Manual:

IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) VALVE

NOTE: The IAC valve assembly is not adjustable and cannot be cleaned, also some IAC valves are normally open and others are normally closed. Some IAC valves require engine vacuum to operate.

You need a new throttle body if you want a new IAC.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:44 PM
kramerpage
Junior User
Did you get this problem solved? It seams I have the same with my 2006. Thanks