1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REESE Elite Series Hitches Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Sundevil2010
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REESE Elite Series Hitches Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Ok so I thought it was a great deal with the 5th wheel package included with my new F250.
WRONG!!!
I purchased my new F250 with the 5th Wheel Option and had a Toy Hauler in route for delivery.
OK since i purchased the truck and toy hauler I can go buy the REESE Elite Series Hitch that was designed for this 5th wheel package.
Good luck!
I have not been able to find an Elite Series hitch for 3 weeks and after countless calling around the US, Internet Dealers and Reese Products themselves they have no answers.. All back orders are allocated to other orders. Probably another two weeks for any others to arrive but most of them allocated.. I mean its been a complete nightmare to find this hitch..
I would imagine if your going to strike a deal with a major truck mfgr that Reese Products would be able to handle the inventory better.
Now I have a 5th wheel toy hauler being delivered to my house and I can not do anything with it to move it to my RV Storage..
$$$$ on HOA fines to come shortly..
DO NOT BUY THE 5th wheel option on your F250.. You will not be able to find the hitch for it or you will have to wait a very long time....
Oh btw, the dealership said you can use any mfgrs hitch for the 5th wheel package.. WRONG. lol
First time making these types of purchases so learning the hard way I guess. Nothing like spending $50K on a 3/4 ton truck that cant do anything but be a 1/2 ton now.. lol

Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
brd7666
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Sundevil2010
New User
Thats the one.. The question is if it is in stock.. All the ones I found online have that they sell them but no one that I can contact have them in stock.
Point being I needed a hitch today.
Thanks for the info though..

Old 08-20-2010, 12:38 PM
brd7666
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's definitely a bummer that you are in this position. I don't know if you ever buy on Ebay. If you explain the situation to the seller, they may be able to over night one to you, providing they have it in stock. You would then have it tomorrow. Those are buy it now listings, and they do have a phone number in there Ebay ad, so you can call them directly. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
It's an inconvenience for you, but I think it is a little severe to tell everyone not to buy the option. Once you get your hitch I think you will be happy. Meanwhile I don't blame you for venting.

You should be able to work out a solution. Have the dealer deliver to your storage. Maybe a friend or an FTE'r near you can move it for you. You can even hire someone who does these moves for a living. It is not that big of a problem.

I think you can even get an adapter to use another model hitch. I remember a lengthy thread down in the 6.7 engine forum about the hitch and some spacers or something. Maybe you can find it and get some ideas.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Sundevil2010
New User
yeah i called them and the automated answering hangs up.. Not sure whats up with them.. Hence one reason I try not to purchase from ebay on big ticket items like that..
But really do appreciate your help and guidance.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Sundevil2010
New User
Originally Posted by bpounds
It's an inconvenience for you, but I think it is a little severe to tell everyone not to buy the option. Once you get your hitch I think you will be happy. Meanwhile I don't blame you for venting.

You should be able to work out a solution. Have the dealer deliver to your storage. Maybe a friend or an FTE'r near you can move it for you. You can even hire someone who does these moves for a living. It is not that big of a problem.

I think you can even get an adapter to use another model hitch. I remember a lengthy thread down in the 6.7 engine forum about the hitch and some spacers or something. Maybe you can find it and get some ideas.

No its BS.. There shouldnt be any reason why if I purchase this package on my truck that you can not find this hitch.
Its very poor marketing and inventory on both Ford and Reese Products for this option.

I am sure that if you purchased the new Nitto AT Grapplers that were designed for Ford Super Dutys, and if you had a blow out, you would expect discount tire or whomever you purchased your tire from to have one ready to go.. Wouldnt you? Or would you have a friend or hire someone to do whatever task needed?
Not everyone is lucky to have a friend with a 5th wheel hitch nor do I really want to pay a person to move my trailer.. Point is I shouldnt have to.

If a dealer could get me a hitch within a few days to a week that would be great.. But even Reese does not have a clue on their inventory or when they can ship out.. The last 143 hitches that came in were for back orders and the next 93 that are due in next week, which 78 are for orders on back orders. Also they are thinking it will take another week before they are in the warehouse ready to fill those back orders..
Folks at Reese Products even admitted they messed up on the inventory control for the Elite Series.

The older series is the Signature which is replaced by the Elite. The Signature is no longer manufactured and you have to find a dealer with one in stock (good luck on that one). Also in order to use the signature you have to use an adaptor kit which is another couple 100 $$$.. Its isnt that simple..
They really screwed it up on this one.. Sorry

Old 08-20-2010, 02:28 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Well, I do appreciate you giving potential buyers the heads-up on it. Definitely something to consider if you have time constraints.

You might consider posting the info down in the 6.7 forum too. Some of the shoppers and new owners hang out over there more than here.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know, a little gasoline and a box of matches might just make your problem go away. Might be the way to solve the problem for everyone that buys a new Ford with that option. Or maybe you've heard of the 7 Ps? Maybe you should have one on backorder, maybe you should have ordered it a month ago and you'd have it now? Maybe when you do get it you'll think it was a really good option to buy and your post will seem silly?

Old 08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Sundevil2010
New User
Originally Posted by Ace!
You know, a little gasoline and a box of matches might just make your problem go away. Might be the way to solve the problem for everyone that buys a new Ford with that option. Or maybe you've heard of the 7 Ps? Maybe you should have one on backorder, maybe you should have ordered it a month ago and you'd have it now? Maybe when you do get it you'll think it was a really good option to buy and your post will seem silly?
Not at all.. Facts are facts..

Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Backorders happen. That is just life, and especially in the economy we have today. No point in getting too angry about it. Reese dropped the ball apparently. Not much Ford can do about it.

You have options. Pick one and enjoy your new truck.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you tried eTrailer.com? I have purchased from them in the past end they have excellent service. Here's the link for the one you want (I think).

Hope this works out for you.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,521 Likes on 1,319 Posts
Could always be worse.... unemployed, bank foreclosure, sick family members. In the thing we call life it's nothing more than a small speed bump.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM
redford
Received 1,597 Likes on 933 Posts
Not much to get worked up about at all. You should be able to find the correct hitch on the internet and have it by next week. A few posters here have given you some good hints on where to look.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Sundevil2010
New User
Thats the point, you cant find them no matter where you call or where you look.... Go give it a shot.. I tried for 3 weeks. Not one place can tell me a straight answer because Reese doesnt even know. Now lets try to focus on what this is about..
If you buy a 2011 Super Duty with the 5th wheel option be ready to have a hard time finding the hitch..

Quick Reply: REESE Elite Series Hitches Buyer BEWARE!!!!