1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 f250 abs light, check brakes fault, speedo dont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Dparsons1977
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was the solution?

Originally Posted by sonicsaleen
08 f250 abs light, check brakes fault, speedo dont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone help me out. I was hauling a car the other day and all of a sudden all these lights and faults came on then my speedo quit working and also the odo dont calculate mileage. I changed the speed sensor at the top of the rear end and still nothing.

Cruise control also dont work.. uhhhh.

any help would be appreciated.
What ended up being the solution? I am having the same issue.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:36 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Dparsons1977
What ended up being the solution? I am having the same issue.
What type of vehicle? I mean model year, engine and transmission, option content, mileage, when did this problem begin to occur, etc. Not that it matters much, but I repaired a fellow member's 2008 F-250 4x4 regular cab 5.4L gas truck a few years ago. I replaced a set of cam phasers as well as VCT valve bodies to repair the infamous "clacking" that those 3 valve engines are well known for......along with diagnosed and repaired the exact same concern outlined by the OP of this thread. It turned out to be "green death" on the main B+ wire to the ABS module. Remember, on most Ford vehicles with ABS, there are two main powers and two main grounds in the main electrical connector. Cutting and splicing in a new section to repair the "green death" on that section of wire very close to the ABS module repaired the issue of the ABS and Brake lights remaining on, as well as the speedometer not working.

On another 2005 F-150 I was working on, the customer supplied me with a used ABS module to install into his truck hoping to repair an ABS and Brake light on issue as well. Long story short, I cut open the wiring loom and found the section in the middle, directly under the wiper cowl was "green death" on one of the two B+ circuits to the ABS module. Anyone want to guess what the successful repair was to that one?

Since we're on the subject of speedometers and ABS modules, I just remembered working on a '99 F-350 (don't remember if it was a gasser or a 7.3L diesel) going back to around 2005, with a complaint of the speedometer not working. Turned out, the main ground connection to the body was loose. Tightened up the bolt (I believe it was behind the driver side headlight), and voila the speedometer is working again!!!

Anybody notice the similarity to the three paragraphs of stories above? A) What does ANY electrical component require in order to function? POWER and GROUND. With one missing, it's not going to work. B) Anyone notice what I DIDN'T do, in all of the above three stories described above? I did NOT shotgun an ABS module (EXPENSIVE), or sensors at it.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:13 AM
MrBig Dwc
New User
Rear ABS Sensor 2007 F-350 6.0 4x4

Hello,
New to site, very informative. My question is my abs light came on so I stuck my computer on it. Said right rear , we'll we all know on a 2007 6.0 f350 the there's only one sensor on the pumpkin, so I replaced it and cleared the code. Abs light came back on once I started driving, week ago my right front caliper stuck and got very hot, could that read bad for the rear of the front went bad? Please help with any ideas, will pull plug and make sure I didn't bend any pins, thanks for any help. Can also email me at

Mod edit, removed email address. They can PM you.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:49 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBig Dwc
Hello,
New to site, very informative. My question is my abs light came on so I stuck my computer on it. Said right rear , we'll we all know on a 2007 6.0 f350 the there's only one sensor on the pumpkin, so I replaced it and cleared the code. Abs light came back on once I started driving, week ago my right front caliper stuck and got very hot, could that read bad for the rear of the front went bad? Please help with any ideas, will pull plug and make sure I didn't bend any pins, thanks for any help. Can also email me at

Mod edit, removed email address. They can PM you.
There's only THREE possibilities in answer to your above question that I could make any sense of. I'll assume what you mean, in your description above is you scanned your ABS module and retrieved DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) either C1175 and/or C1236, correct? Assuming so, here are the THREE possibilities:

-Failed ABS module (extremely unlikely)

-Rear speed sensor circuits 519 (light green, black stripe) and/or 523 (red, pink stripe) from ABS module to sensor, short-to-ground, short-to-voltage, short-to-each other or open (most likely).

-Failed rear speed sensor (you've already tried that)

Now your job is to determine which of the three possibilities above, will repair your concern successfully. To make your job easier for you, the pin numbers on the main ABS module electrical connector are pins 41 and 42. In the absence of any available service publication, I would've just colour matched the wires visible on the main connector to the ones on the offending sensor connector and voltage drop tested accordingly.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 AM
matrix_z71
New User
What do you mean when you say everything went haywire....the reason I ask is because mine is kinda doing the same thing...speedo stopped, abs light, maintenance wrench, low fuel warning and maybe something else coming on in dash. Truck runs perfect. It happened intermittently but now its like it all the time. Would this be similar to what happened to yours ? My alternator is working perfect with no issues.

Old 02-20-2024, 02:13 AM
NutBolt
1st Gear
HELP

I am having the same exact issue! What was the fix?
Speedo stopped, ABS light, maintenance wrench, Brake light, Traction Control, all illuminated on dash. The fuel gauge works fine though.

Originally Posted by matrix_z71
What do you mean when you say everything went haywire....the reason I ask is because mine is kinda doing the same thing...speedo stopped, abs light, maintenance wrench, low fuel warning and maybe something else coming on in dash. Truck runs perfect. It happened intermittently but now it’s like it all the time. Would this be similar to what happened to yours ? My alternator is working perfect with no issues.

Old 02-20-2024, 04:58 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
I would start with your batteries. How old are they? Load test them individually and disconnected from each other and the truck.