Please Help - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Please Help

Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 PM
rtorres
Freshman User
rtorres is starting off with a positive reputation.
Please Help

Hello everyone!
2004 <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkblue; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" id=itxt_nobr_4_0>f350</NOBR> PSD 6.0 125000 happy miles. My emmision light came on and my truck lacks power. On start up I dont hear the turbo. What should i be aware of and costs? PLEASE HELP

Old 08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
You really need to get the trouble codes pulled and start the diagnosis from there...it could be any number of things.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
rtorres
Freshman User
Thanks Steve. I will be doing that today. Gut feeling is expecting a turbo. If it is a turbo any upgrade recommendations that are cost effective. Thanks again

Old 08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
They're all pretty costly, but a lot of folks seem to like the Garrett GT3788VA

TurboByGarrett.com - Ford PowerStroke

Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM
rtorres
Freshman User
Steve, one more thing I just called my mechanic who is very honest but it seems he might be on vacation. I live in Whittier and I need an honest replacement do you have any contacts

Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
Absolutely

OC Diesel Shop - Home of Bud

Give Bud a call...his reputation and quality are second to none. It's a little bit of a drive down to Mission Viejo but it's totally worth it IMO.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
rtorres
Freshman User
Thank you Steve. I appreciate it

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
No problem. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
rtorres
Freshman User
I will do that

Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 PM
rtorres
Freshman User
First code is P2290 icp to low. The voltage is set for 18-24 my read 12. Did get the truck to run and code P2291 came up

Old 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
You've got 3 threads going. I replied to one.

But I will add here, you might try unplugging the ICP sensor, and see if she runs normal. If so, it is just a bad sensor. If not, then you really do have low injector oil pressure, and it is probably either a leak or a failed pump.

The ICP sensor is on the passenger side valve cover, near the front of the engine.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
rtorres
Freshman User
Thank you I will try that

Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
rtorres
Freshman User
Bpounds again thanks I too live in whittier maybe Ill see you around.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
rtorres
Freshman User
I just wanted to let everyone know That Bud from OC diesel has been a tremendous help. He is the man

Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Be sure to let us know how this all plays out.

I've never met Bud, hope I never have to, but he is highly regarded by all reports.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Help

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.