Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" or 2.5" Levelling kits???

Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Broughton
Junior User
Broughton is starting off with a positive reputation.
2" or 2.5" Levelling kits???

Does anyone have a preference? I see that ReadyLift comes with extended shock mounts. I am under the impression that an alignment is needed to complete the install.
My main concern is drivability and ride. In other words, I don't want to start fixing what isn't broke on my new truck. I do like the way it looks which is what is driving me.
I intend on keeping the stock 20" wheels and tires. Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
A few of us have installed levelers. Here's a link to my experience with a 2" kit.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...and-after.html

Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Broughton
Junior User
Thank you for the link. Just joined the FTE.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Broughton
Junior User
Great looking RIG!

Nice Truck!!!!!
I'm waiting on the same setup...... cept Oxford White, CC, LWB, ULariat, ARE Camper Shell,
Thanks for the link. I love hunting and ATV'n in UTAH and all those good western states. Said the misplaced Texan.........

Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
Welcome to FTE! There's a couple of Texans on the forum that know a thing or two.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Blown2run
Senior User
Blown2run is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Welcome to FTE! There's a couple of Texans on the forum that know a thing or two.

I'd be one of them. Heee! Heee! Oh yeah, and I also love hunting and fishing in Texas.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
bobert2412
Freshman User
bobert2412 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Epic, Love the truck and the look of the new tires/kit. Did you get the alignment re-done? And what about the steering stabilizer; do you feel it is called for?
Thanks.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bobert2412 View Post
Epic, Love the truck and the look of the new tires/kit. Did you get the alignment re-done? And what about the steering stabilizer; do you feel it is called for?
Thanks.
Yes, I did do an alignment after the kit. By raising the front end 2 inches, the caster was effectively zero and the truck was hard to keep in the lane while driving. The steering wheel did not return to center properly after making a turn. It was pretty obvious. A quick trip to Les Schwab and the steering was back to normal. If you do it, make sure the alignment shop corrects the caster angle.

I have not added a steering stabilizer. I think I can feel a little more feedback through the steering wheel as a result of the larger tires but not much. Not enough to worry about.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
bobert2412
Freshman User
bobert2412 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great. I'll try to get some pics up of my truck once I finish the "protection". Running "naked" now but just love this new truck. The looks, the pulling power, the control and smoothness, the mpg, everthing good so far.
Thanks again for all the information and pics of your truck. It really helped me make the decision.