S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

pick n pulls

Old 07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pick n pulls

Ok i live in Va i spend most of my time in that section and the 87-96 section, but i'm going out to San Diego to visit my brother for a week. Well his idea of fun is video games and i work on cars, soo i figured i'd ask on here if any of yall know of any salvage yards out near there that i could wander through see if i can't **** of the airport people by checking truck parts as luggage! Or if there's any shops out that way or whatever that'd be fun to go to. Going to Californa im kinda outta my element, im more use to people with muddy trucks and fast cars in the Chick fil a parking lot bs'ing till the cops kick us out.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Sparx Macgyver
Senior User
Here ya go. It's a map of those in San Diego. I don't live there, so I don't know the area at all. If you had said Inland Empire, or Riverside, Corona, Moreno Valley, sure, I know a few. But San Diego is not where I'm at, sooo sorry.

And hey, we've got a chick-fil-a in MoVal! We do the same. Except, round here, cops can get very ticket happy.

salvage yards san diego ca - Google Maps

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm sure you know that not all salvage yards are pull-your-own. In fact most are not.

The Ecology Centers are pretty good, and it looks like there are 3 yards in the Sandy Eggo area:

Ecology Auto Parts Locations

Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Sparx Macgyver
Here ya go. It's a map of those in San Diego. I don't live there, so I don't know the area at all. If you had said Inland Empire, or Riverside, Corona, Moreno Valley, sure, I know a few. But San Diego is not where I'm at, sooo sorry.

And hey, we've got a chick-fil-a in MoVal! We do the same. Except, round here, cops can get very ticket happy.

salvage yards san diego ca - Google Maps

They try out here but we shut them down real quick when we ask who called an complained an they don't have an answer. their just looking for something to do and bothering us is one of em. Funny when we tell them they can't tell us to go home/away cause it's on chick-fil-a's lot and it's private property and we're good with the owner and he knows we stay out there just to bs and doesn't have a problem with it, he's even came out an told them to leave us alone.

Thanks for the site's and names i'll check em out while im out there.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Sparx Macgyver
Senior User
I wish the owner was like that. Haven't seen much from the owner we used to see, and we almost never see the new guy. Even if we buy food (which we usually do if we're staying for awhile.) the cops are still attempting to make us leave. though since we're a paying customer, I refuse to leave until I've eaten my food and done with my time in the parking lot. So far I've fought all the tickets and not paid a dime. It's just irritating to have to go to court over teh damn thing.