6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Magnaflow exhaust systems on the 2011's

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow exhaust systems on the 2011's

Anybody got one yet? Im waiting back to hear my price on it from the local shop i get all my work done from.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
spinge
Senior User
I don't think you can on the diesel, too much emissions stuff in the exhaust system.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:49 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
If you decide to do that, it would be in your best interest to verify you won't void your warranty and that your local shop knows how to get around all of the electronics involved in the exhaust system which is all computer controlled.
Not to mention the DEF system that the 08-10 MY's didn't have.
In other words, you'll have to trick the computer.

Mine is staying stock so I don't really know what I'm talking about but simply providing a warning about the complications you will run into when these have only been in public production for a few months.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:00 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Im not going to be removing the DEF or DPF. Basicly its a oversized catback system. except when it comes to our truck it goes behind the dpf and def.

The place thats doing it works on semis and everything so id immagine they have dealt with a DEF system before at some point.

They say its been tested at 29hp and 49tq addition by making it a full 5inch exhaust behind the emissions and replacing the muffler with a high flow

Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Originally Posted by radzer0
Im not going to be removing the DEF or DPF. Basicly its a oversized catback system. except when it comes to our truck it goes behind the dpf and def.

The place thats doing it works on semis and everything so id immagine they have dealt with a DEF system before at some point.

They say its been tested at 29hp and 49tq addition by making it a full 5inch exhaust behind the emissions and replacing the muffler with a high flow
What are you looking to gain, sound, performance, fuel milage, etc.?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 PM
radzer0
Elder User
I like quiet which is why im going with the magnaflow. Mainly working for a little more performance and if i get more fuel economy thats great too. I know i could get more power out of a higher flow muffler setup but I dont wanna attract cops like ive seen some big trucks around that can.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Ah. You still might want to double check on warranty because I read or heard somewhere even changing the tip could cause complications.

I have no idea if that's even true or if I came up with it in my sleep but these trucks are too expensive (for me) to play around with...haha.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
radzer0
Elder User
They had a big lawsuit years ago about that kinda stuff. Replacing a muffler with a aftermarket as long as its legal in your state they cannot void your warranty. Same thing goes for replacing the pipes. Its all normal maintance items that with age, or road salt up north, just happens.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
turtlesdove3
New User
I like quiet which is why im going with the magnaflow. Mainly working for a little more performance and if i get more fuel economy thats great too. I know i could get more power out of a higher flow muffler setup but I dont wanna attract cops like ive seen some big trucks around that can.
I don't like it loud either so curious whether magnaflow can give me hp? And better not to mess around with the cops.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
radzer0
Elder User
The loudest kit i ever had from magnaflow was a 3inch dual exit exhaust for my sky turbo. Was pretty quiet normaly (about the same as a f150 stock) But when you would mash it it would scream.

That car full throttle noise wasnt nothing tho because it had a wastegate that at full throttle u could hear over the exhaust.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

They had a big lawsuit years ago about that kinda stuff. Replacing a muffler with a aftermarket as long as its legal in your state they cannot void your warranty. Same thing goes for replacing the pipes. Its all normal maintance items that with age, or road salt up north, just happens.
I ran across this today.
SVE Q-187.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...ifications.pdf

Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Thats for modifications of emissions equipment locations.. i am not changing anything emissions related.. which even as per epa regulations is legal.. the kit im getting is even calif epa certified

Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
I would be extremely surprised if you saw any performance increase from installing a def/dpf/cat back exhaust. I've changed out entire systems without dpf and cat and there is no power gain. However, you can dramatically reduce EGT temps. Diesel exhausts are good for two things... Sound and reducing EGT temps. You have any video clips? I wanna hear this bad boy!

Old 06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Im still waiting for my local shop to get it in for me. The first shipment from there distrib sold out before my order got in.

What is the advantages to lower EGT? I know in heavy towing on inclines it can go up very high and its bad. Would having it lower help me any without towing?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
Im still waiting for my local shop to get it in for me. The first shipment from there distrib sold out before my order got in.

What is the advantages to lower EGT? I know in heavy towing on inclines it can go up very high and its bad. Would having it lower help me any without towing?
Yes definitely. Especially if you tune it, if you haven't already. When you are running a high horsepower tune the EGT's can sky rocket. It is vital to have a free flowing exhaust to keep things cool. A intake can also help with this. However, take things one step at a time here.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust systems on the 2011's