Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Why does it stumble?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Mike Norwood
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does it stumble?

Hello, All. It has been awhile since I have been on here and my truck has been acting up here lately. I'm supposed to go on a 1200 mile trip here in the next week and need to get this thing fixed before then. The easiest way to describe the symptoms is that the truck stumbles. It usually is only when it is warmed up and then, like I said, it will stumble and give a low ICP code, but then be running just fine. Some days it has no problems at all and other days it will stumble bad enough to kill the engine. The oil has about 1500 miles on it and the CPS has just been replaced about 1000 miles ago with the new and improved one from International. At first I thought that the CPS was causing all the problems, so I changed that first. Has anybody else here run into these same problems? I tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything that fit this scenario. Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:08 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Unplug your ICP sensor and look to see if there is oil in the plug. It may be time for a new ICP.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If it's throwing an ICP code, then it's an oil issue. As Peter said, it could be the ICP sensor itself. It could also be a sticking IPR. Those are the two most common issues for the symptoms you describe.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Mike Norwood
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it was the ICP, a new one is on it's way from Clay. I was able to swap out a good one from another PSD and the stumble/surge went away. The ICP did have a bit of oil in it. I didn't think that it would have been enough to cause any problems, but obviously it was. Thanks, once again, to FTE I have avoided yet another trip to the stealership. You guys are the best.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny thing is that I'm getting so used to troubleshooting these trucks now thanks to everything I've learned on this forum that your thread almost was like a test. You asked the question, I gave an answer and the posts confirmed what I was thinking! However, I didn't think of oil, I went straight for the ICP, LOL, Oil is cheaper though
You guys are like teachers!!!

Anyhow, none the less, not everyone is so fortunate to track it down on the first reply. Congrats and safe travels!