Sponsored by: Moser

rough estimate of a 76 ford f-100 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 AM
lagavulinx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough estimate of a 76 ford f-100 4x4

a couple of questions (see profile pics for truck)
1. i bought my truck used at the dealer for $5000- shiny black. it was stolen and re-pained dark blue but dull looking, they put a tow assembly on the front (black). they stripped the bedliner, took the trim off, all gauges, carpet, cd player, tires, tailgate, passenger windows were taken out. and it now steers all over the place like a boat. and doesn't brake well at all even though brakes were good at the time. parking brake doesn't work. no rear bumper and the definately went 4x ing.

2. how much $$$ do you think i'd need to get it restored back to what i bought it for.. (minus the wheels and rims)
it has only 57k miles on it. i dont know the engine size (390?) i bought it in 02' and have been scared to drive it anywhere since then (theif magnet anywhere i go) so there's only been about 200 miles on it since 02

i change oil/ flush radiator & start it once a year more or less. and it still sounds real good

3. will i damage engine internally if i keep letting it sit so long without running it?
4.can you get full coverage on an old restored truck? enough to cover things like stolen parts (cause when i bought it, they said older cars don't get full coverage when it's been restored so i only got liability. which seemed suspicious)

5.and can anyone tell me the story behind my model year. people say mine is hard to find, sorry these questions are so basic i'm a girl just starting out on learning about my dream truck. and couldn't find much on the internet.

all questions answered would be appreciated

Old 05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
bamaf150
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lagavulinx
a couple of questions (see profile pics for truck)
"1. i bought my truck used at the dealer for $5000- shiny black. it was stolen and re-pained dark blue but dull looking, they put a tow assembly on the front (black). they stripped the bedliner, took the trim off, all gauges, carpet, cd player, tires, tailgate, passenger windows were taken out. and it now steers all over the place like a boat. and doesn't brake well at all even though brakes were good at the time. parking brake doesn't work. no rear bumper and the definately went 4x ing."
Theives suck. Can you post pix?

2. how much $$$ do you think i'd need to get it restored back to what i bought it for.. (minus the wheels and rims)
Check out ebay, craigslist and LMC truck or Dennis Carpenter ford parts online for this stuff, it will give you a good idea

it has only 57k miles on it. i dont know the engine size (390?) i bought it in 02' and have been scared to drive it anywhere since then (theif magnet anywhere i go) so there's only been about 200 miles on it since 02
If it is the factory engine it will be a 360, thats the only v8 Ford put in 4x4s in 73-76

i change oil/ flush radiator & start it once a year more or less. and it still sounds real good

3. will i damage engine internally if i keep letting it sit so long without running it?
Cant you crank it up once a week or so and let it run for 5-10 mins? Its definately not good to just let it sit.

4.can you get full coverage on an old restored truck? enough to cover things like stolen parts (cause when i bought it, they said older cars don't get full coverage when it's been restored so i only got liability. which seemed suspicious)
Check out the "shop" category at the top of this page, insurance is listed there.

5.and can anyone tell me the story behind my model year. people say mine is hard to find, sorry these questions are so basic i'm a girl just starting out on learning about my dream truck. and couldn't find much on the internet.
What model is it? 4x4s are rarer than 2wd in these years but not uncommon. I just bought a 76 F100 4x4 im in the process of fixing up. You should be able to find out almost anything you want to know online and here. Welcome to fte.

all questions answered would be appreciated
xxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
lagavulinx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of truck problems are in my picture folder

and its a f-100 4x4 too. it didnt say ranger or anything like that on my title
and thanks for all your help

Old 05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
bamaf150
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is also a Ranger xlt. The title just lists it as a 76 ford truck. From what I have seen online, your part of the country has a good selection of 70's model trucks and truck parts, they dont seem to rust out west. Mine came from NM and is in original (faded out) rustfree condition.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Blackfoot Big Block
Tuned
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Since your truck is driven so little, you might consider a policy for classic cars.

They usually have some restrictions regarding how often and where you can drive, but I think it would be worth your time.

Hagerty and Grundy are two companies in the business.