6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Rail Car Tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
This is cruel and unusual punishment. Haha.

I'm bad enough waiting for a VIN, this waiting has to be worse when it's on a rail car or waiting on dealer pickup for X number of days (so close yet you can't have it).

Old 04-17-2010, 07:13 AM
middaughm
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good info

thats good info! i would be in need of it, but they said mine wasn't built yet!

was suppose to be built 4/15..but i also heard they are having computer issues too, then i heard parts supplier issues (again)
But maybe mine was built????

Vin: 1FT8W3DT5BEA20287

Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM
vrsc
Senior User
another long phone conversation with ford customer care today and ALL first line representatives quote scripts to make customers happy but I would stand for it. Bottom line, my truck still shows in production (since April 9th) and Ford still is quoting that all is going well.
So waiting to hear from escalation dept

Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 AM
middaughm
Senior User
me too

i'm waiting to here from esculation dept. too! Today or tomorrow

I want out of my 1000.00 down obligation,that is supposably NON refundable......when i was on the phone they couldn't believe they won't refund my 1000.00!!! and after all the hassles,mis ups,blah blah blah......if it isn't coming in next week.... I'm OUT!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 AM
vrsc
Senior User
Yes, if I didn't want the truck, like the truck so much I would jump ship. This has to be the most unprofessional situation from a large well know company, I've ever experienced. I mean I as a customer, know more about what's going on than customer care and my own dealer put together. It's like FMC is purposely leaving everyone out in the dark.
My dealer is trying to located me an exact truck but it's not happening. I'll either have to wait it out or sacrifice my truck options.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:16 AM
middaughm
Senior User
out

I still would like a 2011 f350!
My first order,which local dealer went out and they placed a order thru a different dealer,whom was a friend of the owners i guess. I cancelled, well the salesman didn't cancel it correctly!

Now the owner of the other dealership is stuck with a 60,000 truck on his lot! He wasn't very happy! lmao
He called me yesterday and said he has the title and he paid for the truck and really expects it monday! Because he said after he pays for a vehicle, its only a few days out to him usually.
I told him i was made to put down a 1000.00 on my second order,but if it doesn't look like its going to show next week, i deserve my money back! And IF, Big if...my initial one comes in....i'll MIGHT possibly buy it off his lot!

But, i don't want to stick my other dealer either! They have been very good about everything, unless they are good at lieing to my face! Which i have a honing sensor for liars and B.S'rs!
so i'm waiting for ford to contact me back to see what they can do for me if my truck doesn't come in. I think i should get my 1000.00 back and its my choice of which one comes in first!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
sjprice
Senior User
Just found out my truck was unloaded from the railcar late yesterday afternoon. Now if I could just find out when it will get transported to the dealer, I could hit the road to go pick it up. At least it is getting closer. It has been a long wait since the end of December when I ordered it, and since Feb 23rd when Ford built it.
________

Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Cerb
Junior User
Nice, glad to hear yours is almost home. Last update I had was sitting at Ramp 1K on Tuesday and now I am waiting to hear back from the escalation department to see if they can actually locate the truck.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
I talked to escalation dept supervisor of supervisor....and his hands are tied.... really they are no help either.. Let me know if you guys get any goodies out of them...good will gestures.. Its just a waiting game... I dont think anyone can do anything faster unless your company name is Haliburton or your last name is Mulally.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Cerb
Junior User
Called the Escalation Dept today asking them WTF, why are they not calling me back as they promised with any info. I decided to give the old Marketing number a try to see if they had any updated info and they did. She said there was an update a 9:00 this morning with a railcar number and and a second update at 10:45 saying truck was in OBana (sp?) Kentucy. So it sound like it is finally on it way. Now I have to wait two weeks to get here and then another couple days to the dealership.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
vrsc
Senior User
yep, mine was built yesterday on rail car this AM and maybe an ETA to dealer 4/26

Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
middaughm
Senior User
vrsc

Yours on on rail car?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:45 PM
vrsc
Senior User
it's on a hauler going to the rail yard, then rail yard ships it to Missouri, then it going to Ok on a hauler. After all that, my dealer will have it PDI quickly and personally haul it down to me in FL

Old 04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Got the great news mine has been loaded on the rail car and in en-route.

CERB...Mine is probably on the same train as yours...heading out West.

Finally....

Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
middaughm
Senior User
how do you know

how do you know its on a hauler?

Quick Reply: Rail Car Tracking?