1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in China

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbasz1
I'll sell you some in 6 months or so.
Nice...lol

In the summer I tell my wife to go to the farm stand and buy them from the local farmer. They're bigger,less expensive and not all dried out like the ones at the grocery store.

I'm officially old...lol

Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Luckily I can get local farm grown produce and even local farm raised meat in my area. We even have actual small old school butcher shops, although some went out of business within the last 10-15 years.

BTW, the worst for waiting on parts always seemed to be German car parts. Seems Germany uses a lot of German parts on their vehicles. VW, MB, etc always had huge wait times when parts needed to be ordered, and had to come from Germany.
Since you bought up part availability I'll share a story from monday.

Was getting tires at a local tire store/mechanic shop. A local farmer had a 2500 Dodge Cummins in for an oil change. The mechanic found a bad bearing the supports the driveshaft. (long bed around 2005 model) The mechanic called the local Dodge dealer and could not get a replacement bearing for 3-6 months. The dealership has 600 units on order and all are spoken for. They said they were getting 300 in within the next 3 or 4 months. Aparently there are no aftermarket replacements. Makes you wonder where the parts are coming from...

Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf

Since you bought up part availability I'll share a story from monday.

Was getting tires at a local tire store/mechanic shop. A local farmer had a 2500 Dodge Cummins in for an oil change. The mechanic found a bad bearing the supports the driveshaft. (long bed around 2005 model) The mechanic called the local Dodge dealer and could not get a replacement bearing for 3-6 months. The dealership has 600 units on order and all are spoken for. They said they were getting 300 in within the next 3 or 4 months. Aparently there are no aftermarket replacements. Makes you wonder where the parts are coming from...
Mopar
They are in charge of getting all the parts for dealers and what not. Depending on where it's coming from or if production is pulling all the available inventory for new truck production it can take Mopar a while to get parts from the manufacturer.
Production is always number one, never and I mean never shut a production line down, Oh no, that's not a good thing.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Is Dodge actually producing many trucks now? Don't know if the bearing on the new trucks and the trucks from 5 years ago is the same, maybe. Just glad I own a Ford.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbasz1
Mopar
Production is always number one, never and I mean never shut a production line down, Oh no, that's not a good thing.
Off topic, but I see Toyota is shutting down production on pick-me-ups.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There shutting down a couple of plants, now there looking into Corolla steering problems or something like that. Bummer We make parts for them too so, what ya gonna do.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ace!
Off topic, but I see Toyota is shutting down production on pick-me-ups.
Are they really. I like the new Fords.All the vehicles Ford is currently making is pretty nice stuff.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
ironmine
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1ATony
I like the new Fords.All the vehicles Ford is currently making is pretty nice stuff.
I agree.

And, I think Ford is going to come out of this mess in great shape.

That's what happens when you have an engineer running the company.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ironmine
I agree.

And, I think Ford is going to come out of this mess in great shape.

That's what happens when you have an engineer running the company.
I was doing an oil change in the driveway a few weeks ago when it was almost 50 out,and my neighbor swung over to shoot the breeze,he owns all Fords too including a 94 Lightning.

We were talking about how the quality of their cars has really been pretty good lately.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bucci
The most pathetic thing is an American flag that isn't "Made in USA".
United States flags legally have to be made in the United States, period. Now, the stick/pole the flag is attached to and the packaging doesn't have be to be made in the US, but the flag itself does.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
ken kenmnedy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that stuff they use in the far east is called(CHINEASYUM) CHIN EASEY UM...they put it in everything its starting to contaminate the hole damm system

Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Head
United States flags legally have to be made in the United States, period. Now, the stick/pole the flag is attached to and the packaging doesn't have be to be made in the US, but the flag itself does.
Are you sure about that...

US Flag Promotions

Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Furian
Are you sure about that...

US Flag Promotions
Well at least I thought they were supposed to be American made. Maybe that was only for flags flown at public buildings? Or maybe by an American company, not necessarily made in the US?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Kajtek1
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ace!
BTW, the worst for waiting on parts always seemed to be German car parts. Seems Germany uses a lot of German parts on their vehicles. VW, MB, etc always had huge wait times when parts needed to be ordered, and had to come from Germany.
Last time I check -Alabama where Mercedes ML-class is made is not in Germany
Global economy affects everybody. Even Mercedes assembled in Germany has parts made in Czech Republic, France and other places.
Not even going into small details that not too many Germans work in auto plants in Germany. Those are mostly run by gassarbaiters from Turkey and former East Block.
Than don't blame suppliers on the other side of pond for slow shipping.
I bought several small items directly from China and not only had them home in less than a week, but Chinese tracking worked 1000 times better that USPS tracking.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
bucci
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Head
United States flags legally have to be made in the United States, period.

Doesn't seem to be too much doubt in that statement.

I believe Minnesota has one of the toughest laws against foreign made flags -- probably thanks to Jesse Ventura.

Quick Reply: Made in China