Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

theft deterant for 73/79s

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
They just tow the vehicles away living out here (Northern Colorado). No need to mess with all that crap, just hook a 15,000 pound winch onto the frame and drag it onto a trailer and goodbye.

A lot of bumpsides and dentsides get stolen around here.

Josh

Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
miottimouse
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i suppose that would work but that takes time,looks very out of place doing it a 3am and dont know how quiet they could be in my new house my rides are locked up behind a steel gate,i have 3 dogs of my own and a big akita that the neibours have and if any one comes around all the dogs are on em right now and i make it a standing policy if i cant see my trucks i dont leave them period as i have way to much time and money invested to have some punk wreck them. the keyed locking hood release was the best thing ford could have done for the time and they still work today and yes i would be thrilled to see drips of the red stuff on my floor from the blades and knowing some punks a hurtin

Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Bullitt390

Gotta be carefull with those razor blades. Believe it or not a theif can turn around and take you to court for the damage.

Josh

Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 PM
bubbasinafordf150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
73-91 fords are easy to do as ive done a few for a couple of companys, unless you got a few kill switches that no one knows about or disable the engine somehow then theres really no way to deter someone from getting it, 73-79 replaced the ignition switch your and your off,80-91 pry up on one little spot on the colum slide a peice of steel the lock is disabled reach under the dash pop the rod and use a bent screw driver in an S and your off. colum are a dime a dozen, you can go to the treasure yards and get them all day long for 50 bucks, ignition switches are cheap to.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
miottimouse
Posting Guru
perfect than i guess i will find out who he is from the court documents and the hospital bill,get his address and go wreck something he treasures in reality i hope it never happens
but when you stick your fingers where they dont belong.........

Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM
4wydnr
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Gotta be carefull with those razor blades. Believe it or not a theif can turn around and take you to court for the damage.

Josh
That's no joke, we talked about that in my ag law class. It's one thing if you injure a thief trying to break into your house (castle law) , it's a whole other ball game if you set booby traps. The professor, a practicing lawyer, said if you ever shoot someone on your property drag them in the house then call the police.

On a side note a guy in town shot at a couple of teens who were rummaging through his car. He hit one kid three times, the kid lived and is just fine, to many people's disappointment. The shooter never got in trouble because he shouted that he was going to start shooting plus the NRA came in quickly to his defense.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Bullitt390

I only bring it up because not too long ago 2 punks broke into an older woman's house, in the process of breaking the back window the one kid nearly took his hand off.

Not sure why or how he got a lawyer, but he sued the lady for the hospital bills, the kicker is he WON!

How the jury ever came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Josh

Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
82ford302
Senior User
Originally Posted by c.l.nye
I find a unsociable pit bull works well for me! LOL

right on man i had a pit that hated peeps getting into "his" truck lol. poor sucker, wish he was still around.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Yeah one of my friends who has a '96 F-250 PowerStroke Super-Cab heard something like glass break and he ran outside and three teenagers were trying to hot wire his truck he went and grabbed a .38 and got one of the kids as he was running. He did hear about it later...Bottom line is don't go shooting peope unless they are trying to harm you or your family, or you may end up behind bars...
I mean if you blow some little punk off the face of the Earth how are you going to prove he was trying to hurt and you claim self protection...
I'm one of those people were I believe in every person has the right to shoot someone if their on your property without permission or won't leave, etc..
Just gotta be careful these days.

Thanks,

-Anthony 76SCS-

Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM
freightshaker69
Freshman User
for me my hood latch is broken no one knows how to get in it its funny then alot of the kids around me ask me why do i keep a old truck no one would ever take that i tell them good deal its funny how kids think and what they know

Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
73 fourxfour
Tuned
Park it in a locked garage, and then chain it down. I had a kill switch on my mustang for the fuel pump, and it was still turned off when the car was recovered. *******s must have pushed the car down the street and towed it away. But if someone really wants your truck, there is really little you can do to stop them if they are determined.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An old friend of mine owns a tow/salvage yard. He closed his gate, locked it, and went on a tow call. A guy down the street climbed the 9 foot fence with 3 strand barbwire and went through the yard. The junkyard dog (shepherd) attacked the guy.

Roy (the owner) had to pay all medical bills for the man.

The judge said his signs should say dog bites not beware. Beware leaves open that the dog may or may not bite. If it just reads dog bites then there is no question.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Am i the only one here who doesn't even lock the doors to their truck?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
f100racing
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by first today
The judge said his signs should say dog bites not beware. Beware leaves open that the dog may or may not bite. If it just reads dog bites then there is no question.
Here in AUS. The dog bites signs are an admission of guilt so you can be charged if the dog bites. No sign, and some one trespassing is seen as the dog defending itself.

As my truck is a weekend toy, i use to get paranoid leaving it for long periods so i made it as hard as i could hoping thieves would find an easier one.
The list includes- Alarm, imobaliser, separate fuel switch, hidden hood release, kill switch, high tensile steel cable around chassis locked to cement, extra locks on roller doors(inside and out) extra deadlocks on side doors, boarded up windows, chained and locked gates, cctv cameras on house garage and yards.
And the big *** dog.
Im never in a hurry when i take it out so i don't mind the extra time it takes.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 AM
pauls painting
Senior User
ok i guess im giving them my trucks as the 04 and 77 always have keys in them , and my 2 blue pits are trained to search and attack on command

Quick Reply: theft deterant for 73/79s