EGR Delete, Fuel Injectors, and Codes - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

EGR Delete, Fuel Injectors, and Codes

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

EGR Delete, Fuel Injectors, and Codes

Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
kwyjibo
Freshman User
kwyjibo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did the viper installer run a wire to one of the injectors for the signal to let the viper know that the truck is running, or did he use the tach generater relaymajig like texans? I have an elcheapo remote start that works perfect just sensing system voltage. I origanally installed using the injector wire trick (per the advice of a "professional"). shortly thereafter my FICM went bad. Coincidence? maybe. But it did make me nervous at the time.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM
dsirekis
Senior User
dsirekis is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
i agree never hard of a tuner throwing that code . fcim is fairly pricy have you checked harnesses. and also always replace entire bank of injectors. the labor is way to expensive to do this twice ,also what kind of temps are you running is it to hot maybe glows not doing there job just throwing ideas hope somthing pans out for you

Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Hayes9000
Freshman User
Hayes9000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by kwyjibo View Post
Did the viper installer run a wire to one of the injectors for the signal to let the viper know that the truck is running, or did he use the tach generater relaymajig like texans? I have an elcheapo remote start that works perfect just sensing system voltage. I origanally installed using the injector wire trick (per the advice of a "professional"). shortly thereafter my FICM went bad. Coincidence? maybe. But it did make me nervous at the time.
Man, everything was perfect until I got that Viper Remote Start installed. Now there's issue after issue. I'm going to look into that injector wiring scenario, maybe it's the cause this entire time.

Originally Posted by dsirekis View Post
i agree never hard of a tuner throwing that code . fcim is fairly pricy have you checked harnesses. and also always replace entire bank of injectors. the labor is way to expensive to do this twice ,also what kind of temps are you running is it to hot maybe glows not doing there job just throwing ideas hope somthing pans out for you
Having a hard time understanding your English, but yes the truck temp is fine.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM
dsirekis
Senior User
dsirekis is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
sorry grammer not so good ,but from what i understand chafing could be a cause, if you look in tech folder it should be there. try this link it has helped me

POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners & Mechanics

Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
kwyjibo
Freshman User
kwyjibo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Hayes9000 View Post
Man, everything was perfect until I got that Viper Remote Start installed. Now there's issue after issue. I'm going to look into that injector wiring scenario, maybe it's the cause this entire time.
Also might want to make sure that when the Viper turns on, the glow plug light on the dash lights then goes out before cranking starts.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 PM
texans
Postmaster
texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kwyjibo View Post
Now that I think about it. they put the generater thingy on at first. then it went out about a month or so later so they took it off and just used system voltage. It works perfect now. also do they have the viper remote start on the 15 sec. delay. that is what mine is set too. it put the truck in the run mode then 15 sec later it cranks.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
David Adams
New User
David Adams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im new and cant seem to figure out hiow to post a new thread. So i will just ask you who seems to no his stuf. I have a new 2010 F250. What can I do for better fuel economy? Im not looking horse power upgrades just fuel economy. Thanks

Old 07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
David Adams
New User
David Adams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for answers. I need better fuel milage. What do I do?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Zmann has a very good reputation on FTE.Zmann has a very good reputation on FTE.Zmann has a very good reputation on FTE.
get a programmer and loose your dpf , and regen cycle

and maybe warranty

or get an 2011

they are rumored to get decent milage

Old 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM
tbias08
New User
tbias08 is starting off with a positive reputation.
problems on the road

Hey there FTE!

I recently purchased a used 03 f350 DRW with the 6.0. I am currently on a road trip moving my daughter cross country and have had a couple of puzzling issues.

1- P0272 - and a hesistation/rough acceleration happened mid-trip, then quickly went away once I pulled over and then left again. I just had all injectors replaced 2 weeks before!!! whats the problem? wiring/injector harness ... any advice? It hasn't returned yet, thankfully, so I'm riding this out for now

2- P2138-40 - Throttle pedal - voltage issue? I'm waiting for a new pedal/TPS unit today but feel like the exixting one may not be the issue. I checked all connections under the steering column, and it has been fine while driving around town. could it just be a bad connection? any input other than starting with the pedal and sensor unit?

I'd love to hear back, I'm in the middle of nowhere (Pendelton Oregon) headed to Colorado (home) in the middle of bad weather, any and all advice is appreciated

Old 01-11-2017, 04:15 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
WatsonR is a splendid one to beholdWatsonR is a splendid one to beholdWatsonR is a splendid one to beholdWatsonR is a splendid one to beholdWatsonR is a splendid one to beholdWatsonR is a splendid one to behold
First.... start a new thread, this is 6 years old and buried. It won't get looked at since is about a remote starting system.

P272 is at bad injector, they can be bad from the box. Was it a Ford injector from Ford? Hope so.

Could be a bad connection, what's common to all three codes?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
tbias08
New User
tbias08 is starting off with a positive reputation.
P0272

Thanks, and this was a ford injector, under warranty ... just seemed odd to have a problem and then have it totally go away like it did, I've gone another 800 miles on this trip and it hasnbt happened again. I'll have my local shop help when I get back. The other codes are unrelated and part of the throttle sensor/wiring I suppose. It also has gone away since I removed the pedal and checked the harnesses inside the cab
I don't think I can start a new thread since I'm new here ...
T