Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Punched Door Lock / Ford Security

Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM
george6488
Senior User
george6488 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Jimmi Jammers I ordered came today. They have a nice coating of paint on them versus the older ones that rusted easily.

Now when the door repair parts arrive, I will make the changes with one dismantle of each door.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by george6488 View Post
I have a 2009 F-150 Platinum. I don't leave my truck unattended many places but.....some bad guy punched the drivers door lock cylinder in an attempt to open or steal the truck.

They must have been scared off. I actually don't know when this attempt was made in the last week but suspect the Home Depot parking lot where I noticed two guys near my truck when I came out of the store.

Off to the Ford parts counter............the punched cylinder broke the back of the handle assembly that holds the lock. Ford mounted the lock cylinder in plastic? WTF?

The drivers door handle assembly is $193.03 and the lock cylinder is $65.09. I was just getting a quote and happened to ask a few questions. The lock cylinder is un-coded and must be coded to your key by a locksmith.......estimated cost of $75 to $100. The door handle assembly comes in black and must be painted to match.........that will be another $90.00 at the Ford body shop. They would offer any discounts. So the cost will come in around $450 to $490 (with tax) just because Ford used plastic to keep the bad guys out.

I e-mailed parts guy Ed and was able to get it all, with a painted door handle assembly, for $161 plus $17 in shipping fees. I spent $180 and was thankful.

I have also ordered, from another website, the Jimmi Jammers for the 4 doors and tailgate and that is another $145 to try and protect the Ford plastic parts and keep my truck safe. The Ford dealer parts guy cautioned me about using Jimmi Jammers as he said they are uncoated metal and will rust and screw up my doors. GREAT! Luckily..........I have a friend that does epoxy coatings and he will coat the Jimmi Jammers for me.

So how did your day go?
Were they illegals?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:58 AM
wbyrom
New User
wbyrom is starting off with a positive reputation.
I feel for you guys that the state doesnt let you carry a firearm. Here in Texas, the guys that break in cars, etc. know they stand one hell of a chance of getting shot. Happens all the time here. No charges get filed here protecting your home or property, PERIOD. And actually, you dont even have to have a conceal carry license and you can still keep your guns in your car. With a CC you can take them just about anywhere but state offices, gov offices and places like that. I hear it all the time on the news where some guys broke into a car and got shot or broke into a home and the owner was standing right there waiting for them to come it and shot them. If you have a friend you dont like, just tell him to come to Texas and try breaking into a car. You probably wont see him again. Even if a car is being repossesed and the guy repossing the car hasn't identified himself as such and he gets shot, the procecutor wont be able to charge the owner. If you have some jack a_ _ trying to run you off the road, you have to right to defend yourself and shoot if "you were in fear of your life" in that cituation. There are some boneheads on here that think its tough talk. They dont have a clue as to how things are here in Texas. And if any of you guys are from Texas, then you will know our laws here. I'v driven thru some of the states that you couldnt carry and been pulled over but showed the officer my license and weapon and have never been hassled. Knowing the laws of the state and when you have the right to protect yourself and property is a big plus and I would never live where I couldnt carry nor protect what I have. New Mexico makes you carry your weapon outside your body so it can be seen in public. Reminded me of the old western days but pretty cool....

Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by wbyrom View Post
I feel for you guys that the state doesnt let you carry a firearm. Here in Texas, the guys that break in cars, etc. know they stand one hell of a chance of getting shot. Happens all the time here. No charges get filed here protecting your home or property, PERIOD. And actually, you dont even have to have a conceal carry license and you can still keep your guns in your car. With a CC you can take them just about anywhere but state offices, gov offices and places like that. I hear it all the time on the news where some guys broke into a car and got shot or broke into a home and the owner was standing right there waiting for them to come it and shot them. If you have a friend you dont like, just tell him to come to Texas and try breaking into a car. You probably wont see him again. Even if a car is being repossesed and the guy repossing the car hasn't identified himself as such and he gets shot, the procecutor wont be able to charge the owner. If you have some jack a_ _ trying to run you off the road, you have to right to defend yourself and shoot if "you were in fear of your life" in that cituation. There are some boneheads on here that think its tough talk. They dont have a clue as to how things are here in Texas. And if any of you guys are from Texas, then you will know our laws here. I'v driven thru some of the states that you couldnt carry and been pulled over but showed the officer my license and weapon and have never been hassled. Knowing the laws of the state and when you have the right to protect yourself and property is a big plus and I would never live where I couldnt carry nor protect what I have. New Mexico makes you carry your weapon outside your body so it can be seen in public. Reminded me of the old western days but pretty cool....
Just be sure to take some weapons training classes. I bet 90% of those who carry can have there weapon taken and used on them in less than 2 seconds by someone with a little training-legit or prison style. Carry a gun doesn't make you a bad ***, knowing how to use it will.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
claycomotrucks1991
Senior User
claycomotrucks1991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Agree. Conceal Carry works and the anti-gunnners can't stand it that it does.

Last edited by claycomotrucks1991; 01-07-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spell
Old 01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
shotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to behold
Question

If I understand you correctly...

You're saying in Texas that it's okay to shoot an unarmed 14 (you pick the age) year old kid in the back that's breaking into your truck? Please note I am not saying you are in the vehicle. I'm saying that it's parked in your driveway, you see him through the window, and you run out and shoot him. And there will be no civil or criminal trial?

And this is the big question - in your mind is it morally acceptable to do so? What about if he's stealing your mailbox? Garbage can? Garbage can lid?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
If I understand you correctly...

You're saying in Texas that it's okay to shoot an unarmed 14 (you pick the age) year old kid in the back that's breaking into your truck? Please note I am not saying you are in the vehicle. I'm saying that it's parked in your driveway, you see him through the window, and you run out and shoot him. And there will be no civil or criminal trial?

And this is the big question - in your mind is it morally acceptable to do so? What about if he's stealing your mailbox? Garbage can? Garbage can lid?
Yeah, you can protect your property with deadly force.

Deadly Force to Protect Property

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to pervent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonable believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"

Protection of the Property of Others

"A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect the property of a third person if he reasonably believes he would be justified to use similar force to protect his own property, and he reasonably believes that there existed an attempt or actual commission of the crime of theft or criminal mischief."

"Also, a person is justified in using force or deadly force if he reasonably believes that the third person has requested his protection of property; or he has a legal duty to protect the property; or the third person whose property he is protecting is his spouse, parent or child."

Reasonable Belief

"It is not necessary that there should be actual danger, as a person has the right to defend his life and person from apparent danger as fully and to the same extent as he would have were the danger real, as it reasonably appeared to him from his standpoint at the time."

"In fact, Sec 9.31(a) [of the Penal Code] expressly provides that a person is justified in using deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary."

Justification for Using Deadly Force Can Be Lost

"Even though a person is justified in threatening or using force or deadly force against another in self defense or defense of others or property as described in the statute, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification for deadly force is unavailable."

"A person acts recklessly when he is aware of but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk with respect to the circumstances surrounding his conduct or the results of his conduct. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that its disregard constitutes a gross deviation of the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise, viewed from the person's standpoint under all the circumstances existing at the time."

Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
shotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to beholdshotgunz is a splendid one to behold
I understand (I already knew the answer), but...

EDIT: Just so you don't think I'm a closet liberal, I'm a Lifetime NRA member, CCW holder, and ex-Army.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
horsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputation
This thread has taken an interesting turn as most theft, vandalism, etc. threads do.
Yes it has and I'm asking that it stop right now.

Originally Posted by george6488
Back to the subject of this original post.......does anyone know of anything better on the after market than Jimmi Jammers? My initial thought was to eliminate the lock and go with a block off plate. That still leaves the potential for the bad guys to pry under the plastic door handle assembly and do their handiwork and for me to have a potential problem if my battery ran down.

I decided to just increase the lock assembly security and complete the job that I feel Ford should have done in the first place.

I already installed a Dyno Lock on my tailgate plus a hinge lock for the removable side of the tailgate.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
I understand (I already knew the answer), but...

EDIT: Just so you don't think I'm a closet liberal, I'm a Lifetime NRA member, CCW holder, and ex-Army.
I agree. Many 'tough' guys will say they will blow away any punk kid who tries to steal their newspaper. Different story when the time comes.

Some dude breaking into my house, sure, some kid stealing a paper, or small item, no way. Couldn't live with that ever.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by george6488 View Post
Rant on...............
If they break the glass............that will cause noise and attention that they do not want. If they get my attention.......they may have a very bad day as I am a retired LEO and usually carry.
Originally Posted by horsepuller View Post
Yes it has and I'm asking that it stop right now.
Well the OP started it!

Sorry.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
george6488
Senior User
george6488 is starting off with a positive reputation.
SHOTGUNZ...........I was offering a frustration level in my follow-up post and the mention of LEO and carry was very limited. YOU proceeded to expand the topic and carry on. And now you want to point the finger back at me.......shame on you. Please re-read the other posts I made where I tried to turn this topic back into a Ford security issue.

You need to get a better grip of the facts before you engage the typing finger.

"The above is an opinion expressed by george6488 and not a statement of fact. Please review and make your own individual determinations."

Thank-you

Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Relax george. It was a joke. Note the big grin?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Gran-Dude
New User
Gran-Dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cheaper fix for the door hack

I just had my F150 broke into by a low life, I had just replaced my door handle and lock for about $70. I got the door handle for under $10 it was black. To keep from paying stupid money to get it painted, I just replaced both sides. The lock at Ford was about $50-55. The price was reduced probably because of the age of my truck. The lock... removes your old lock and reverse engineer it. Carefully take it apart and assemble the new one with the same numbered pins. It's just a pain in the butt to install. This is the second time in a month, so the inside of my truck is empty, nuttin but napkins. *****em.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 AM
justiz00
Senior User
justiz00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Since most people have keyless entry now a days, cant you just use two non keyed door handles (from the back doors)? I have seen chevy guys do it on the older ones prone to theft. No key cylinder and no rod to the door latch to pull, only the handle rod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Punched Door Lock / Ford Security

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: