Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Watching Someone Die............

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A heart felt thank you to all who have posted their thoughts here. The wife and I will get through this time and life will go on. My main point in posting this thread was to remind everyone to tell those you love that you love them, often. Life is short, and regrets last a lifetime.

Tammie, I understand. Christmas has always been a very hard time for me also. I spent 3 Christmas's in viet Nam and lost a lot of brothers during those times. I've had to hold those feelings back when I had young children at home, so as to not bring the whole family down. From Christmas till the end of Feb my thoughts are on the friends I watched die over there. I try my hardest to not bring others down during this time of year, but if I had my way I would hibernate from Thanksgiving till March.................

Once again, thank you my friends. You all make this time of year a little more bearable for me.
Don.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:43 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no biggie don. that was my fault,sorry. i told george about what you posted.
hey thats what we're here for don. were one big family here aren't we?

Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Don, you honor your lost brothers in arms by remembering them, that pain you bear just makes you human. This latest loss will just bring those memories to the forefront again, stay strong and PM if you need to talk.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:10 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
yeah really don. that makes us all human.. and you can yell at me if you want.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:17 AM
46yblock
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your mother-in-laws passing Don. She is in a better place.

My wife is a hospice nurse and must deal with death daily. It is taking a toll on her. Finally this holiday weekend she had a little time off, only to be needed by our next door neighbor. He takes care of his mother who is only days from her better place, and he wanted help.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:46 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER
yeah really don. that makes us all human.. and you can yell at me if you want.
I would never yell at ya Jack, just not part of my makeup, it's all good my friend!

Originally Posted by 46yblock
Very sorry to hear of your mother-in-laws passing Don. She is in a better place.

My wife is a hospice nurse and must deal with death daily. It is taking a toll on her. Finally this holiday weekend she had a little time off, only to be needed by our next door neighbor. He takes care of his mother who is only days from her better place, and he wanted help.
Please send my love to your wife for me. People who work for Hospice are hero's in my eyes. The hospice nurse who worked with us was an absolute angel, and made the whole process bearable for my wife and I. We donated the mother-in-law's wheelchair and other things to the local hospice along with a check to help others. Your wife is a saint in my eyes. I dealt with death for 3 years in Viet Nam, and could not even conceive of the strength needed to take care of dieing people on a daily basis.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:00 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don, you and your wife can stand tall knowing that you did everything you could and for all the right reasons. As for the bust out inlaws, Karma has a way of coming back and biting them in the arrears, you need not lift a finger. Condolences to you and your family, will keep all of you in our prayers.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:56 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
thanx don,
and were behind ya buddy.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:33 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My sincere condolences for you and your wife's loss, Don. I myself have lost family members during the holidays, and while it's never easy at any time of the year, somehow it makes it all that much harder when you're supposed to be "festive".

Also want to extend my apologies for the lateness of this reply.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Don,

I know I'm late man but my sincere condolences to you and your family, I feel for you man, we had my FIL until last June with the unforgiving disease that strips every shred of existence of a lifetime from a person. You and your wife are the angels that she knew before her passing, that kept her that last thread of a memory. My wife is still in the transition stage from the loss. Until you go through it it's hard for anyone to understand how this rips up a persons mind. Our families thoughts and prayers to you and yours Bro.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Thanks for the kind words Steve. Nobody understands just what the family goes through with this damn disease............The wife and I have watched her mom go from a vibrant woman to an empty shell in the last 6 years while her brother and sister couldn't care less. At the end, her mom would just lay in her bed and cry, was scared of every noise and person except my wife and I. It was like she reverted back to her early childhood.

I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy, and of course her brother and sister won't do anything to help her settle her mom's affairs so it all falls on the wife's sholders. I do what I can to help her, and my son and daughter have been a great help also, but time is the only thing that will help.

My condolances to you and your wife for the loss of your FIL, I know just what your going through.
Don.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
We had nearly close to the same with my brother in law, except for the draining part, my MIL was drained just by the care he needed and she turned over all his assets and she still has a ton of bills.

Thanks Don

Old 12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's hard, coming from my shoes, not to think about the ones who grabbed the money and ran. I feel an anger that can only come from familiarity...

But that is neither a part of the season or of what is good and right. You are an amazing man, Don. I'm better for knowing people like you!

Be safe - I just saw your PM about having to go into town. See you when you get back