Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Tire advice?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
F-350 Mud Digger
Junior User
F-350 Mud Digger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tire advice?

I currently have BFG's mud terrain tires on my 1991 F350. It's my daily driver/work truck/mud truck... I use my baby for everything. I love the BFG's but they are worn totally. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any other good tires that will work good with mud n snow n such that could be possibly cheaper? The tires are 315/75/16's by the way.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Linemo
Senior User
Linemo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I Like Pro Comp myself BFG makes a good product but they have become quite pricey check out the pro comp website to look at their products

Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Blue Rebel
Posting Guru
Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
ProComps are OK, from what ive heard they wear out kinda quick for a mud terrain. Hate to say it, but if your looking for a good DD mud tire, youll be hard pressed to find a set that will last as long as those bfgs for less money.

For the sake of research though, Toyo tires are real popular with the super duty guys that see mostly street. they last along time, are quiet on road, and still perform well off road. But i dont think theyre cheap.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
As stated by rebel blue. You will be hard pressed to beat the BF muds for the wear and performance, but yes they are nuts in their price dept. My brother has had pretty good luck w DUNLOP mud rovers. And i am currently running micky thompson MTZ and happy w them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.