1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

cash for clunkers final ford takes 5 spots for trade ins

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM
roadrash63
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
cash for clunkers final ford takes 5 spots for trade ins

hey
look how many fords were traded...and see how many japanese cars were bought...our govt " loved us " again!!!

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2009/dot13309.htm

there goes your tax dollars right back to japan !!!
i wonder what ********* thunk this one up...... mmmm!
im sure it stimulated their economy !

wonder how they will " stimulate us " again?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Spennyman84
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Knocked it out of the park Obama! Thanks..... Not my President!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Chitownhillbilly
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't get that bent out of shape, Ford and GM are still at the top of the list for most cars sold. And look at the list of vehicles that are actually made in the US, you know where the average person in this country works. The Corolla, Camry, Civic, Accord, Pilot, Odyssee, and Sonata are all built in the US. Meaning it's keeping real people employed in a time where other manufactures are taking their plants outside the US and laying off US employees.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Greyf100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
true..

the focus is made in mexico, so is the escape IIRC

Old 09-01-2009, 05:31 AM
roadrash63
Elder User
51 st state

hey
maybe we should just make mexico the 51 st state...
they are coming here anyways and we are already paying for them

i would not object to moving down to a little house on the beach...
the snows coming here in pa.!

hell lets take canada too, they make a good beer.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM
bghnkinf250
Fleet Mechanic
Can we at least start collecting taxes from them then?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Virto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chitownhillbilly
Don't get that bent out of shape, Ford and GM are still at the top of the list for most cars sold. And look at the list of vehicles that are actually made in the US, you know where the average person in this country works. The Corolla, Camry, Civic, Accord, Pilot, Odyssee, and Sonata are all built in the US. Meaning it's keeping real people employed in a time where other manufactures are taking their plants outside the US and laying off US employees.
EXACTLY! God, people forget this WAY too quickly. Buying those Japanese branded cars actually has a direct impact on American jobs. This is of course, not a full list of the cars bought, but for the most part there was a desired effect - American salarys paid.

Guess what, it's over and done with. If you don't like how it worked out, that's fine, but if it saved some peoples' jobs, it worked as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Freaksh0w
Elder User
You act like since we have factories making the Japanese cars, we must be the ones making the money. That's the biggest fallacy I've heard. Sure, it gives a few Americans the labor jobs (I bet the Asians are in management), but it's not like the USA gets the profits...

Buy American.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Chitownhillbilly
Senior User
It always amazes me that I have to explain this.

If you buy a Ford Focus, Made in Mexico, the Majority of the people that benefit are the workers that have the jobs building the plant. The minority is the Fat cats in Detroit who have been pissing away profits and pensions for years.

If you buy a Honda Accord the majority benefiting are the American Workers manufacturing them in the Plants in Ohio. The minority again are the Fat Cats in Japan this time.

So would you rather help the majority or the minority. Do you think you will ever see the money from the Fat Cats in either place? I guarantee the Tax money made off of the Fat Cats in Detroit is no where near the income taxes generated from the Auto workers in Ohio. And the Auto workers in Mexico aren't spending their money in the American Economy.

The larger impact on our economy is done by supporting American workers!

And don't forget that it's a Global Economy, Japanese cars aren't the only ones making money in other countries. At the end of this second Quarter for 09, Ford had lost money here in America, while it MADE nearly $250 million throughout the rest of the world.

There really is no such thing as Buying American anymore, at least with cars. There is still a pile of parts outsourced to other countries no mater where it's put together.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Chitownhillbilly
Senior User
Originally Posted by Freaksh0w
That's the biggest fallacy I've heard. ...but it's not like the USA gets the profits...
Oh yea here's your Fallacy, just because it's an American Company that the USA is getting the profits? The Majority of American companies and their owners never pay taxes in this country. The Tax code is way to F'd up and way to easy to show losses, I know I owned my own company for 5 years.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
08GTStang
New User
Actually the Toyota Corolla, Matrix, RAV4 and the Lexus RX 350. Are made in Cambridge Ontario Canada and thanks for asking but I pay enough Taxes guys and I agree we do make good beer.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Spennyman84
Junior User
OK here's my real take on this program. First off why take MY tax dollars and pay for a car deal? I didn't vote for that. Second these deals take some people who otherwise would not have bought a new car and gave them a nice fat payment book they may or may not be able to afford. Just like the housing market. I look for banks to be flooded with repos. Third I drove by some of the Cash for Clunker lots and was saddened because they're going to destroy nicer trucks then I have. I'll never agree with it.
As far as foreign cars made in America, the profit and taxes from a car sell go back to their countries not ours. To me that's taking my tax dollars and giving them to foreign countries. A lose-lose situation. Just my opinon if you don't agree then your wrong..........just kiddin'

Old 09-02-2009, 12:27 AM
broboon525
Senior User
I saw some pretty nice vehicles being smashed by an excavator, such a waste. I know 1 person who wasn't even sure he could afford the new car, but, he said he always wanted to own a " brand new spanking car" and this may be the only way he would ever get 1.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 AM
roadrash63
Elder User
well said!!!

Originally Posted by Spennyman84
OK here's my real take on this program. First off why take MY tax dollars and pay for a car deal? I didn't vote for that. Second these deals take some people who otherwise would not have bought a new car and gave them a nice fat payment book they may or may not be able to afford. Just like the housing market. I look for banks to be flooded with repos. Third I drove by some of the Cash for Clunker lots and was saddened because they're going to destroy nicer trucks then I have. I'll never agree with it.
As far as foreign cars made in America, the profit and taxes from a car sell go back to their countries not ours. To me that's taking my tax dollars and giving them to foreign countries. A lose-lose situation. Just my opinon if you don't agree then your wrong..........just kiddin'

Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Greyf100
Elder User
why cant they just seize the motors and send them to the scrap yards...man that's A LOT of still very usefull and good PARTS!!!!! I cry everytime i ride by the Clunkers lot..

Quick Reply: cash for clunkers final ford takes 5 spots for trade ins