Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
click on the button that says new tread in the left hand side

Old 08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Samantha7.3
I just want to be able to throw some during regular driving, not a ton, my horses would hate me.
Need a bit more fuel then, but just a little bit. Turn the IP up one more flat (one flat is 60 degrees or 1/6 turn, and it's called a "flat" cause the allen wrench has 6 flat sides).
LOL, get your mind outta the gutter!
My mind likes it in the gutter tho, I'm pretty sure this is where it was born
HAHA exactly, stupid little rice burners! uhhhh
Well, this is where I put my serious face on - letting off some smoke once in a while is okay, but please don't go stupid with it, and I'm sorry by blacking out the whole lane behind you is very very stupid. Sure you can do it, you can do whatever the heck you want, but there are consequences - someone driving behind you may call the police department and complain about you impeding traffic flow, which may result in you being pulled over and issued a ticket, and will definitely result in yet another strike against diesel owners in that city council - once there are enough complaints it goes up to state level, and eventually you end up like California where they smog diesels, and try to take old ones off the road for good. Don't wanna do that now, do ya?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
iam me
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had that happen in my little toyota truck last year.... I dropped in a new reservoir pump assembly, about $10 for that truck, then flushed my brake lines. Water, air and dirt can really mess up hydraulics.

hth

Old 08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Mat J
Senior User
Get an EGT gauge http://www.dieselmanor.com/isspro/r3607tr_ev_pyro.asp thats a great one and priced well.

When your brakes lock up does your RABS [rear abs]light come on? and is it your front or rear locking up. are you braking hard or what?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
David85
Lead Driver
OK...I have another problem once again, i cant figure out how to post a new thread,
Scroll up to the top of the page.

Below the top banner ad, you will see the directory like so:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) > 93 f 250 upgrades

Click on the part that says Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)

That will bring you to the main page where you can start a new thread. You will see right on top of all the threads to the left side of your screen the "new thread" button. Click that and you're on your way.

anyway, my brakes locked up on me 3 times today, scared the s@!# out of me! im guessing calipers? Can someone tell me why this might all of sudden be happening. When this doesnt happen, my brakes work great...
Front or rear wheels?

Also, every once in a while, something like a belt squeeling noise happens, for about 3 -5 minutes at a time, BUT when i take my truck OUT of gear it stops, what might that be???
Foot on or off the clutch? (does it make any difference?)

Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
oh dave ur pulling out all the stops for here lol

Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I had to look California, Md. up when I saw that.

I can be in Maryland in 40 minutes or so, but California is almost as far away as possible in the state of Maryland without being on the Eastern Shore side of the bay.

Was the brakes locking up incident when you first started driving this morning?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Samantha7.3
New User
Originally Posted by M.L.S.C.
Need a bit more fuel then, but just a little bit. Turn the IP up one more flat (one flat is 60 degrees or 1/6 turn, and it's called a "flat" cause the allen wrench has 6 flat sides).

My mind likes it in the gutter tho, I'm pretty sure this is where it was born

Well, this is where I put my serious face on - letting off some smoke once in a while is okay, but please don't go stupid with it, and I'm sorry by blacking out the whole lane behind you is very very stupid. Sure you can do it, you can do whatever the heck you want, but there are consequences - someone driving behind you may call the police department and complain about you impeding traffic flow, which may result in you being pulled over and issued a ticket, and will definitely result in yet another strike against diesel owners in that city council - once there are enough complaints it goes up to state level, and eventually you end up like California where they smog diesels, and try to take old ones off the road for good. Don't wanna do that now, do ya?
I would never wanna do anything like that, i totally understand that factor, i just want to be able to see some, like i said before, theres NOTHING hardly noticable at all about

Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would never wanna do anything like that, i totally understand that factor, i just want to be able to see some, like i said before, theres NOTHING hardly noticable at all about
Then turn the IP screw up one flat and see if you like it - I think this should give you what you want. Did you watch while the IP was turned up last time, and did whoever was doing the job explain to you step by step what he's doing and why?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Samantha7.3
New User
Originally Posted by M.L.S.C.
Then turn the IP screw up one flat and see if you like it - I think this should give you what you want. Did you watch while the IP was turned up last time, and did whoever was doing the job explain to you step by step what he's doing and why?
Ok, so my FRONT wheels are the ones locking up, I BARELY have to touch the brake pedal for this to happen, and it does this weather the clutch is pushed in or out. And it only started doing this about two days ago, it did this twice in a row, then later on in the day again, it has not done it to me today, and i was on the road stop and go for a while, but it happens occasionally, and I only drive on nice dry days because my driver window is broke

Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Only thing I can think of for the brakes is you might be getting some flash rust if its being parked for a few days at a time and the disks are exposed to the rain. I know in the rainy season, my truck will have sticky brakes for the first few braking events of the day. In rare cases, it would cause a lockup, but after the first good brake apply its done and behaves after that. Sometimes driving with the brakes on for a few seconds will scrub if off and then its fine after that.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM
99SevenPoint3
Elder User
could it also be her vacume pump ...seeing as she said she hears a noise coming from the belt ... then again i dont see how the pump would cause her to lock up her brakes... i would proably say bleed the lines to get whatever crud is in there n go from there...?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Samantha7.3
New User
Originally Posted by 99SevenPoint3
could it also be her vacume pump ...seeing as she said she hears a noise coming from the belt ... then again i dont see how the pump would cause her to lock up her brakes... i would proably say bleed the lines to get whatever crud is in there n go from there...?
ah thank ya... all great points! tommarows project i guess, damn i dont get a day off from this truck, lol. you all are great!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Depending on which brake shoes are installed, I have noticed moisture can cause the organic linings to swell, which in turn makes the first couple stops like super brakes untill the brakes cook the moisture out.

I usually notice mine worst in the winter while plowing snow.
All the backing and stopping already has my brakes adjusted tight, then the moisture causes them to swell on top of that.

As for mechanical parts causing the problem, my first place to look would be the vacuum brake booster.