Sponsored by: Moser

Line-x

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Mikey D1016
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line-x

I was just wondering what everyone paid on average for their line-x.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
No Line-x, I paid $200. for a drop in, In Texas I priced the drop in as cheap as $149.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
jjr8214
Freshman User
Almost $500 when I had it done in my '04 last year. The dealer paid for it in my '09 but I don't think the price has dropped any around here.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
I just got a quote for $450.00 for my 6.5' styleside bed; no tailgate since I have the 'Man step'. (I just can't get Howie Long's voice out of my head when I type that! )

Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
Rhino liner & Zeibart $550 all done in one day. Nice job under rail/tailgate for liner. I always get rustproofing as my trucks are not kept in the house much less washed regular. Chris

Old 07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
LINE-X with the optional Xtra product: Resists fading, won't lose it's gloss, fortified with DuPont Kevlar (fibers are 5 times stronger than steel), more chemical resistant, limited lifetime warranty valid nationwide.

Rhino does not have a product like Xtra.

LINE-X dealers are franchises and are free to set their own prices. I would say the average price for a short bed under the rails is about $450. Add about $160 for black Xtra.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
I will agree that Line-X is a better product but very expensive (for long beds) around Maryland compared to Rhino. Plus most Rhino dealers are also Zeibart, one stop shopping. I also make sure the dealer installs thick. I once had an installer not put enough on my tailgate (on another truck) and had them redo. Since my bed is dirty most of the time, you can't see that it's faded just mud, straw, hay and sheep s#&t. But when I want to look good, I have used Simple Green to clean and spray on wax to make it shine for awhile. Chris

Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 AM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
I have Rhino in my jeep and love it there. I prefer Line-x for my truck bed; it just seems better suited for a truck bed. To me anyways. Doesn't Line-x, even without xtra, come with the same limited life-time warranty? For me, the xtra just seems like xtra $$$ for matching color. If the warranty is the same I don't see why to go with it.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 AM
cpdorroh
Elder User
I paid $380 for my Rhino liner. However, I have the 5.5' bed, and he didn't do the tailgate because of the man step. My '04 SD had a Rhino liner in it too and worked flawlessly. I plan on getting one done on every truck I buy from now on. I don't have any experience with Line-X, so I can't really comment on it other than to say there seems to be a lot of people who are satisfied with theirs.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
To answer the question: Yes, LINE-X comes with the same warranty with or without Xtra.

Most LINE-X dealers are also one-stop shopping.

All other things equal, LINE-X will be more expensive than Rhino Tuff Grip (most common) or Hardline. According to the technical data sheets (which I have) LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength and a 25 degree higher temp tolerance than those two Rhino products. I'm not saying Rhino is bad, I'm saying LINE-X is better, at least according to the technical data.

If you want a color match, the process LINE-X uses is not the same as Rhino's. Rhino may or may not be able to actually match the color because they just add pigment to their resin. You can only add about a 30% concentration of pigment, so if they can't hit the color after adding the pigment, then that's it. LINE-X can hit it right on the nose. Pigment is added to the resin and then they use the Xtra product.

Here's a Rhino color match with Solarmax. The bedliner looks nice, but it does not match the color of the truck.
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines...ticle&aid=3715

Old 07-16-2009, 11:33 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a quote, then tell them because of the economy, you will pay 20% in cash.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:47 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
To answer the question: Yes, LINE-X comes with the same warranty with or without Xtra.

Most LINE-X dealers are also one-stop shopping.

All other things equal, LINE-X will be more expensive than Rhino Tuff Grip (most common) or Hardline. According to the technical data sheets (which I have) LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength and a 25 degree higher temp tolerance than those two Rhino products. I'm not saying Rhino is bad, I'm saying LINE-X is better, at least according to the technical data.

If you want a color match, the process LINE-X uses is not the same as Rhino's. Rhino may or may not be able to actually match the color because they just add pigment to their resin. You can only add about a 30% concentration of pigment, so if they can't hit the color after adding the pigment, then that's it. LINE-X can hit it right on the nose. Pigment is added to the resin and then they use the Xtra product.

Here's a Rhino color match with Solarmax. The bedliner looks nice, but it does not match the color of the truck.
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines...ticle&aid=3715
Oh GOD, not again....Do I need to post the link for the pic with the Line-X truck that doesn't match the color of the truck again, too? Are you going to try to get into the military crap again that you know NOTHING about?

I'll just post the link for the old thread on here when I get home. And why don't you tell people straight up that you are a Line-X dealer, and therefore biased as hell when you start singing their praises?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
C'mon mods, why are you censoring my posts? You let Truck Daddy hype his Line-X products that he SELLS and neglects to tell anyone before his embellishment.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
ha...TruckDaddy, don't get me going on about the B.S. you spew about Line-X. I can dig up that old thread and show you pics of Line-X liners that don't match the color of the truck they TRIED to match also.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
big_ole_truck
Senior User
Fighting about sprayed on liners, huh?

Quick Reply: Line-x