3.2L Power Stroke The 5 cylinder 3.2 Power Stroke engine fitted to the 2014+ Ford Transit, and new Ford Ranger. Called the 3.2L Duratorq TDCi

2012 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
maxed500
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-24-2011, 10:08 PM
voltson
Senior User
Originally Posted by maxed500

That's a great looking truck. Unfortunately, that's Ford of Australia, correct? Any chance of this truck making it over to the USA and Canada?

Old 02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
valdor
Senior User
Originally Posted by voltson
That's a great looking truck. Unfortunately, that's Ford of Australia, correct? Any chance of this truck making it over to the USA and Canada?
The way i understood is that this truck wont becomming to North America. Almost as sad as we living outside North America not getting F-Series trucks, cept for a shortlived flirt a few years ago.
So i know Ford fans is anxiously awaiting the new Rangers release later this year. Looks a pretty decent truck

Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
maxed500
New User
the caption on the page says: The all-new Ford Ranger – the latest in a wave of global vehicles – makes its worldwide debut today at the Australian International Motor Show.

global vehicle, and worldwide probably mean USA is included

Old 02-27-2011, 01:47 AM
valdor
Senior User
Originally Posted by maxed500
the caption on the page says: The all-new Ford Ranger – the latest in a wave of global vehicles – makes its worldwide debut today at the Australian International Motor Show.

global vehicle, and worldwide probably mean USA is included
I know, but the more i read on this site and other web sites, the more it becomes apparant that Ford is not going have the Ranger in North America. Seems they do not want to cannabalise sales of the F150 as apparently the new Ranger is much bigger than the outgoing model. I still say cull of the Ranger "name" as a product, rename the truck F100 and the result would be mpre "F" sales.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
maxed500
New User
true, true, A lot of mags. are predicting a mid-sized car to outsell the f-150 in the next couple of years. Why not kill the Ranger in USA to boost f-150 sales and also concentrate available manufacturing capacity to building Taurus, Fusion line during hot sales periods.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM
benito444
New User
Howdy, I'm new here and trying to decide between getting a Taco now or waiting on the new Ranger. Anybody have any idea how much the new Ranger will cost though? Thanks y'all.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:32 PM
valdor
Senior User
If you buy a 'taco you get a toy, if you buy a Ranger you get a truck. Sorry just kidding, im just anti anything from Toy. Guess we're all still waiting on more info on the new Ranger. Looking forward to it

Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 PM
ScottyDsntKnow
Elder User
I'm still not sure why Ford just doesn't turn the Ranger into something akin to the Toyota Hilux (anyone who's recently deployed overseas with the military or even just lived overseas knows what this is) and leave the rumored F100 to compete with the Taco...

Think about it, 4 door sporty pickup with a hopped up ecoboost 4 banger and a turbocharged option would be a great start. Hell, a little Euro style diesel would get ridiculous mileage except that all the big automakers think Americans are stupid and won't buy a small, super efficient diesel. Ugh... I drove the crap out of those Hiluxes over in the UAE and they are FUN compact trucks with great interiors that I would love to see in the states as I'm sure many others would too.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by benito444
Howdy, I'm new here and trying to decide between getting a Taco now or waiting on the new Ranger. Anybody have any idea how much the new Ranger will cost though? Thanks y'all.
Welcome to FTE! I see your from Texas. It seems that Ford has no plans to bring the Ranger back to us or even offer us a smaller pick up period.

The world Ranger would be a kick butt truck to have for anyone looking at that size.

The Taco is not that much smaller than an F-150, it's priced about the same and the F-150 gets pretty darned good mileage. This seems to be why the Ranger is going away. Likewise, the F-150 is not offered where the world Ranger is sold.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:44 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Looks like the Ranger is done here in the US.

Why Doesn't Ford Think the Ranger is All-American? .: Articles

Sales kept declining and Ford did nothing to try and fix the issue. The last few years they cut options on the Ranger and made it even less attractive. Maybe if Ford would have put some effort forth on behalf of the Ranger it would have sold and continued to be in the lineup. With the suspected upcoming demand/requirement for more fuel efficient vehicles (and trucks) I could see how a smaller truck may come back around for people who don't need a 150.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
With Ford increasing its numbers of good or great small cars and SUV's, it is strange that it is choosing to exit the small pickup market. It's not like gas is going down in price in any kind of big way as we move to the future.

Even though the market share of the antiquated Ranger is way down (because it IS antiquated), there are Lincoln models that have an awful small market share as well.

I am hoping that the world Ranger would be easily adaptable to the US market (safety, emissions) if Ford does decide to bring it here in the future. Something like $6/gallon gas would probably change things in a big way.

George

Old 07-17-2011, 04:56 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Lately Ford has had several models that they put very little into over the years and then seemed to wonder why sales numbers kept dropping. Then they were discontinued. The Edges sales numbers are not great and they still pump them out.

Honestly I would not mind seeing the Ranger available with 6 speed auto and 6 speed manual transmission options with maybe an EB 2.0l, a more up to date NA I4 or the 3.7l V6 from the F150. I'd say a 300hp V6 backed by a 6 speed trans would be a quick little truck and get some decent mpg. The Ranger moved pretty good with the SOHC 4.0l that only put out a little over 200hp. If Ford gets frisky they could try to wedge a 3.5l EB or the 5.0l between the frame rails. Update the chassis, suspension and styling along with the engine and trans changes. A solid rear axle, full frame and primary rwd would be fine to retain IMO, I prefer it. Redesign the interior to gain maximum passenger room, maybe even make the truck a little wider. Maybe even add a 4 door version. A small truck with good power, good looks, a roomy interior that gets decent fuel mileage would sell I would think. We US peoples like trucks and got used to them, a smaller truck is still better than no truck.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Redrocket9.0
Senior User
^^Agree 100% Make it an economic option for those that have kids, but need an open bed to put trash bags or lawn mowers in but dont want a full on farm rig. I think it would do a lot better than the Sport-trac did.

I would buy a 3.5L EB Ranger.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Redrocket9.0
Senior User
I guess they cant build it on the explorer chassis anymore though. It's probably not a coincidence that the intro of the new explorer coincides with the end of the Ranger huh?

Quick Reply: 2012 Ranger