People! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

People!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
PilotRob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.PilotRob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
People!

I have to vent. Sorry to do it here, but I don't have many options.

A few weeks ago, my wife & I noticed that another set of DINKs (dual income no kids) were moving out of their house. Long story short: he's been with DPS for 3 years, she's either a CPA or works for a CPA firm. They're walking away from the house that they purchased in 2006 because, in their reasoning: they need a bigger yard for their dogs, the banks screwed them by financing a house that has lost value, and ... well that's all. Never mind that he drives a 2-4 year-old Chevy 1500, she drives a similar-aged Escalade, he has a dirt bike AND a Harley. It's not THEIR fault that they can't afford all the toys now; the BANK did it TO them! Plus the one midsize dog needs a bigger yard, so why not ruin your credit and your neighbors' property value. Some things in life are just important.

It's not their fault. Get it? That's what they want us to believe.

Well this morning I notice a UHaul truck out back again. It's the DINKs next door to them, directly behind us. They're doing the same thing: walking away from it all. They don't have fancy cars, but apparently they also don't believe in personal responsibility.

It's sad. It's really friggin sad. So now my home value, and the value of everyone else in Gilbert, the Valley, AZ, etc, will continue to go down because people cannot see past next Tuesday, and walk away from their responsibilities. Hey, if they each had 5 children, or medical issues, or had lost jobs, maybe I'd be sympathetic. But they're DINKs, just like my wife & I. They have no excuse.

And they will get away with it.

/rant
thank you

Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Pest007
Senior User
Pest007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For a min I thought you were knocking on DINKs, but I see your not. It does suck in which people aren't liable for their own actions, well.. not to the point where they care I should say. I have seen the same thing happen around me, but what can you expect from a broken system in which bad people like this get rewarded with bad behavior. So they take a little hit on their credit and move on, mean while the rest of society picks up the tabs and feels the pain...it sucks, and unfortunately, I don't see it getting better any time soon...

Old 05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
bigunred
Elder User
bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have not understood the whole I owe more than my house is worth excuse anyways.

They borrowed the money and then spent it, on the home, the toys, whatever.

Now they feel victomized becouse the they didnt make out like they thought they would, boo hoo.

We all get short changed in life, But to just walkaway from a responsibility and let your neighbors deal with it. Buy lowering their homes value and appeal, is just dirty. These people who are just walking away should have to be held accountable.

they cry the bank scwed me well no sir they singed the papers and took the money, they did it to themselves.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
at least they didn't just BURN the house like so many other people are starting to do!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Bill W
Post Fiend
Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
thats a scarry thought Travis.

both my neighbors to the north of me left months ago.
how someone cant afford a $60,000. mobile home beats me.
but you know what, that opens the door for someone else to get a deal!
on the bright side, home sales are up in the valley, and your in a nice neighborhood,
so they will sell.

just last week i bid 2 jobs where people have bought a home.
that has not happen in a long time.

too bad they bought when the market was inflated.

thanks Rob, now i know what a DINK is lol

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
the real sad part is that after talking to a friend who is a bank president, foreclosure on a home won't be a deterrent on a home loan because it is the "norm" now, talk about screwing us who make our payments!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
PilotRob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.PilotRob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well then ... why should anyone be responsible anymore.

I really would love to write a letter to the opinion section of the AZ Republic. I wouldn't have to mention names, but I could mention the fact that one guy is DPS and the other is ex-Air Force. Since the majority of folks in those lines of work are upstanding and responsible people, it'd be interesting to see if things ever caught up to them.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
bigunred
Elder User
bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Its to bad they decided to do it this way, well maybe karma will bite them in the butt later.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 AM
MnBoomer
Junior User
MnBoomer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one frustrated and PO'd I about the irresponsible section of humanity and how it has affected the ones who keep plugging away and obey the rules. I saved and worked like crazy to pay off the house and buy a 2nd home in AZ. (I'm sure it all goes back to values instilled in you while growing up). So now when I want to sell and downsize, the realtor tells me my house is worth $80-$100,000 less than before all the foreclosed homes hit the market. Geeezzz...

Vicki