Our next year is decided, finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Our next year is decided, finally

Just another update.

After a few months of no knowing where we would end up or what we were going to be doing that answer is in.

Vici has excepted a position at the school she is presently at. She signed her "letter of intent" to return for the 09-10 school year. In Nevada a "Letter of Intent" is a binding agreement by both Union Contract & Nevada State law. We really WANTED to return to Arizona but she would of had to of taken a pretty good pay cut. With the increase rent in RV Spaces, her having to pay in to her retirement, SSI, plus less base pay, we would of lost over $1000 per month in take home money. In these times that is crazy.
So we will remain in Fallon Nevada for another school year. We are looking at buying a F350 with a 7.3 diesel, YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. I never thought I would be looking for a 7.3 diesel . But we have decided to take Vici's Christmas break 2 weeks & travel to the Southern Nevada area to warm up a little, & the ole 1986 F250 is getting tired & instead of rebuilding the tranny & engine we are going to just use it as our heavy 4x4 around here, & find a mid 90s F350 or maybe an F250 if it is a long bed crew cab. The diesel will give us better mileage, power & ease in towing. Now if a 12 valve Cummins shows up that will be my first choice for sure.

Craig & Vici

Craig

Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
glad to hear that the plans are set, sad to hear you won't be moving down. WOW craig in a Powerstroke! I like it,

Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
bigunred
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear you have a direction for the next year. And I'm glad to hear its the better financial move for you also.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Alcaeus
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for the state and the forced retirement is killing me also! My take home check is a lot less than I could hope so I sympathize. Enjoy Nevada!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure how I missed this Craig, sorry.... I'm glad that Vici has a job lined up for the next school year, a lot of teachers can't say that.

A POWERSTROKE!!!! can't beat a 7.3 if you ask me!!!