Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

May BS thread... let it fly!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy all, this is late but today has been a little nuts. Sounds like life is treating you well today Miles despite a rather strange observation involving your ability to stand up straight.LOL! It is moments like that when you can be fairly certain the dragon is winning.

Sure is a beautiful day today if you like crummy weather but I have not gave up faith that soon summer will arrive and life will be good.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good afternoon Orin. Since my productivity here has fallen off to zero, I've decided to use my energy in another area, pouring through 67-72 parts catalogs, and making list of goodies I want, and hope I can afford! My wife may have a say in that!

Not very nice here either. It's in the lower 60's, but otherwise dreary.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Good afternoon Orin. Since my productivity here has fallen off to zero, I've decided to use my energy in another area, pouring through 67-72 parts catalogs, and making list of goodies I want, and hope I can afford! My wife may have a say in that!

Not very nice here either. It's in the lower 60's, but otherwise dreary.
I would have to think that was productivity at its best Pat, if I understand correctly time spent enjoying something is not time wasted. As for your dearly beloved I find that I' am not good at giving matromonial advice so should only say that you may need to keep a coffee can buried in the back yard which may not help with your happy home life. Problems, problems.

Good luck Pat.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
It doesn't help that I believe in the " better to ask forgivness than permission" theory!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
happy Friday Orin. It is not a real great day here either.

pat, what are your plans for the 67 that you have? I sometimes wish I would have left the 300 in my 79.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Well, just so happens I have a 300 I'll sell you Miles!!LOL! I'm going to tear it down all the way. This summer, going to get the frame sandblasted and painted, and hopefully the suspension back together. Next year, get the 390 that's going in rebuilt. I'm going to also check into a late model (70's-80's) four or five speed manual and it's transfer case. Othwerwise, I'll have my four speed rebuilt. then off to do the body.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
It doesn't help that I believe in the " better to ask forgivness than permission" theory!
OH,OH, had a bit of that going myself along with a bad stuborn streak that did not get better as I got older. Treachurous waters.

On a serious note though sounds like your prodject should be a fun one. For my self there is plans late summer possibly after I finish the non Ford to work on and possible paint of my 59 F-350. I have a deal already lined out for a new Dana Spicer rear end with the 6 bolt lug for my existing wheels that will be a 4.10 instead of the 5.14 Rockwell which then will match with front end gears I already have, then last but not least I' am really looking hard at a 7.3 diesel that I have to put in. This has been and ongoing thought for some time but looking at what I need to adapt it may become a reality.

I have a 390 in good shape with a mount type bellhousing if I go that way instead.

If that 300 of yours winds up behind the garage and Miles is not interested I think I might be as I have a use for a 300 six even if I have to rebuild. Please keep me in mind.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Well I' am all ran out for the day and most go back out in the beautiful weather to get more done. Catch up with you all later. Have a great weekend.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Thanks for the offer Pat, but for now I will stick with the 514. I have a 557 in the works anyway.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,110 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Good morning Wyoming...welcome to the weekend!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:58 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
OH,OH, had a bit of that going myself along with a bad stuborn streak that did not get better as I got older. Treachurous waters.

On a serious note though sounds like your prodject should be a fun one. For my self there is plans late summer possibly after I finish the non Ford to work on and possible paint of my 59 F-350. I have a deal already lined out for a new Dana Spicer rear end with the 6 bolt lug for my existing wheels that will be a 4.10 instead of the 5.14 Rockwell which then will match with front end gears I already have, then last but not least I' am really looking hard at a 7.3 diesel that I have to put in. This has been and ongoing thought for some time but looking at what I need to adapt it may become a reality.

I have a 390 in good shape with a mount type bellhousing if I go that way instead.

If that 300 of yours winds up behind the garage and Miles is not interested I think I might be as I have a use for a 300 six even if I have to rebuild. Please keep me in mind.
DUDE!!! Really, man!!! WHAT are you doing??? Lining out Danas rear end??? TSK! TSK!

HAPPY WEEKEND, WHY-oming~~~~~

Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Happy Sunday Wyoming.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Happy Monday every one, it is another not so nice morning with the living room still hovering around 50 f. but must tear off to get to work. Hope all is well and have survived the weekend. This week end for me kind of blended in with last week some how but had great fun Friday evening as Jeff and I went to Cheyenne to have dinner and then went to watch "Monsters verses Aliens" in 3D, for me this was a treat from a couple of different angles first this was the first 3D movie for me ever complete with glass's, the movie is not all that bad if you have kids or grandkids to go with and most important of all I got to miss the "Hanna Montana" movie that was so looked forward to by my 13 year boy. Don't get me wrong Miley Cirus is alright I' am sure but this is a age related issue where I remember her dad and "Achey Breaky Heart" so sitting through a teen movie was for me something close to gargling with cup full of rusty nails.

Originally Posted by PreciousOne
DUDE!!! Really, man!!! WHAT are you doing??? Lining out Danas rear end??? TSK! TSK!

HAPPY WEEKEND, WHY-oming~~~~~
DUDETTE!!! You are seriously one wicked women.............IIII........think I blushed just then and coming from me that was quite an accompishment.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Good Morning Wyoming.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Got to run so hope every one has a great day.

Quick Reply: May BS thread... let it fly!