Sponsored by:

Turn Signals stop working w/ brakes applied

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:00 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LMS Residential
Too bad you're not local. Andy, my magician mechanic, charges like 40 bucks an hour and he's great. Been using him for years. Watch out for dealer service pricing, labor here is up to 139.95 an hour in the larger dealerships.
There's at least one auto electrical shop locally so I might hit them up otherwise I'm just going to go the dealership route.

Thanks for the help so far, sent you some rep.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Well, I'm still having the problem and now I'm beginning to focus on the turn signal flasher. The only problem is that I have no earthly idea where the damn thing is.

So, has anybody replaced theirs and if so how did you get to it?

Old 02-20-2014, 12:50 PM
wmrawls
New User
I would like to add to this post even though its older than a three legged coon. I have a 2003 F150 and have had an intermittent problem with my turn signals when in use and the brake peddle is depressed they turn signals in the rear stop working. After multiple attempts to correct this and trouble shooting and doing many of the things already listed in this thread I finally discovered the problem and am in the process of fixing it.
The third break light assembly on the cab turns out to be the problem. I noticed that one bulb had burned out and pulled the assembly and yes a bulb was burnt out but the problem was worse than a simple blub. Turns out that the bulb holders (all three of them) had deteriorated to the point that the bulbs would not stay in the holder and make good contact. When the bulbs are pulled the turn signals work fine. Here is what makes this a PIA, I cannot find a simple socket to fit in the assembly that will not bottom out the assembly when I try to reinstall it. I spliced an After market plug that I got at Advanced auto but its to blasted long. I dont want the expense and hassle of replacing the whole wiring harness and so I have the bulbs out until I can get by a salvage yard and hopefully pull the assembly and simply snip off the old sockets and splice them in to the existing wiring harness....simple enough if I can get the thing for next to nothing. Hope this helps anyone that is still pulling their hair out and has exhausted all other fixes.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
I forgot completely about this thread! The fix for me was a new flasher...had forgot that I even replaced that.