Went to Pull-A-Part...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to Pull-A-Part...

Hi Everyone,
As a part of the planned activity while my son was visiting this week we went to both Pull-A-Part yards in Cleveland. That was my first visit and I really was impressed. We went to the West one first but it was not as good for what we were looking for as was the East location. I would have to recommend the East location for Ford stuff. They are currently in the process of starting one in Canton, Ohio which will be a lot better for me to go to. It is about 160 miles for me to get to either Cleveland location. Canton would be about 100 miles and a lot easier to get to with the traffic being a lot less.

CLICK HERE to see a few pictures from our visit to Pull-A-Part. I am sad to say that my son left early this morning to return to his home near Atlanta. We spent the whole week wrenching on truck projects and the Pull-A-Part expedition was only part of our week. I suppose it is because he is an only child and we have been very close for all of his 39 years that makes his going back to his home so hard on me. I guess I'm just an old softy in this respect. I have to say that this has been one of the best weeks I have had for some time. Even better was the fact that the week started out with my birthday. I look at it as one heck of a great birthday present. You can CLICK HERE to see some pics of what we were in to for the past week.

All I can say is that if any of you have a son or daughter that shows any interest at all in in your truck hobby, that you work hard to include and encourage them to be a part of it. That also goes for grandchildren. None of us are going to live forever and time is far more precious than we might realize at it quietly slips away. For the most part, this is the only lasting and best lergacy we can pass on. I know this because I was an only child and I was lucky enough to have a dad that would spend time with me in the shop working on cars or doing other stuff like teaching me to weld at age 13. My dad died of a sudden heart attack when he was 58 and I will always regret not being able to spend time with him in his retirement as I have been able to do with my son.

OK, enough of that stuff... I just wanted to share the great week I had working on the truck stuff and to encourage others to do the same if possible.

Later Folks...

Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool was the 59,67.and 79 still there in the west side pull a part? I was there some time back was looking for a front seat from a newer truck.Your pictures are great you going to graft the panal to the explorer floor?I got a friend who did that with a 50 Merc. mounted it to an Olds cutlass.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice! I have been looking for some misc. interior parts from 99-04 Super Duties. Might have to go check it out.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
Cool was the 59,67.and 79 still there in the west side pull a part? I was there some time back was looking for a front seat from a newer truck.Your pictures are great you going to graft the panal to the explorer floor?I got a friend who did that with a 50 Merc. mounted it to an Olds cutlass.
Hi Brian,
There were so many things there I don't remember them all. I guess I was too focused on what I was after to pay attention to everything else. I actually scored the stuff I needed at the East side yard as they had what I needed and the West side was more picked over.

I don't have a panel truck... Wish I did... the pictures I have up are of two I looked at in GA but the price was way too high. I plan on grafting one of my pickup cabs to the firewall and floor pan of the '99 Explorer. That way I can also use the rolling chassis of the Explorer.

BTW, I have your parts packed and set for UPS shipping. I will hand it off to them when they come by.

Later Man...

Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Monster-4
Nice! I have been looking for some misc. interior parts from 99-04 Super Duties. Might have to go check it out.
I don't remember any being in either yard. Those are probably a little too new yet.

Later Man...