Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Syclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 09:22 PM
fordorchevy101
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syclone

I have seen people posting on variuos websites that the lightning is the fastest stock production truck. Anyone wanting to bet 100 dollors that the syclone is the fastest, i own one of these machines and they are the badest truck on the road. Not to diss the L, cuase im getting one in about 2 weeks to burn up some xxx, but a syclone will beat an L anyday.
-J

Last edited by alanscott; 05-09-2003 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:56 PM
reddevilf150
Senior User
Syclone

Yes, the Lightning is the fastest production truck. That's because the Syclone isn't a truck, it is an SUV, and not even a full size SUV. So yes I will gladly take you up on your $100 bet, and I will then gladly take that $100, because the syclone isn't a TRUCK!!!

Old 04-15-2002, 01:16 AM
lvstang
Senior User
Syclone

>Yes, the Lightning is the fastest production truck. That's
>because the Syclone isn't a truck, it is an SUV, and not
>even a full size SUV. So yes I will gladly take you up on
>your $100 bet, and I will then gladly take that $100,
>because the syclone isn't a TRUCK!!!

You'll lose(sort of)!!!! The Syclone is a truck. The Typhoon is the SUV.

There is a catch. Define "Fastest." The Lightning has about 20 MPH more top speed than the Syclone but most published figures show the 4WD turboed GM trucks a tenth or 2 quicker than the Lightning when stock.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:02 AM
Lightning Gray
New User
Syclone

Looks like a mini truck to me with big boy performance. The beat goes on... I must say though, not much stile here :P and hardly a half ton pickup, 500lbs (http://www.typhoon-link.net/).

Old 04-15-2002, 02:55 PM
lvstang
Senior User
Syclone

>Looks like a mini truck to me with big boy performance. The
>beat goes on... I must say though, not much stile here
> :P and hardly a half ton pickup, 500lbs
>(http://www.typhoon-link.net/).

100% agreed!!!! But at 800 pounds payload the Lightning isn't quite a half ton either.

Old 04-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Lightning2Fast
Senior User
Syclone

well id say the awd helps tremendously. if both vehicles had equal traction the lightning would eat the sy/ty alive. and ive talked to a couple of other lightning owners who also have sy/ty's and they say the svt is the superior truck. and we wont even talk about durability issues......

Old 04-16-2002, 10:15 AM
adelyser
Elder User
Syclone

The lightning IS the fastest production truck. So WAS the Syclone when it was produced. The reason the lighting is the fastest production truck is mainly because the Syclone isn't in production! You can't go and buy a brand new Syclone and when comparing fastest production vehicles, you keep it within the year(s) they are produced. Just like the Buick Grand National was the fastest production car of 1987, but compared to cars now, there are many that are faster off the showroom floor. That's my 2¢.

Old 04-17-2002, 08:50 PM
fordorchevy101
New User
Syclone

Good Posts guys, i just wanted a new topic to talk about on here so i figured i would talk about my sy. But the syclone is a truck not a suv, its a s10 style truck with awd and a turbocharged motor. You must be thinking about the ty!?

Old 04-19-2002, 11:02 PM
99 SVT Bolt
New User
Syclone

Just wondering...isn't the Sy/Ty limited by the ecu to 120mph?

Old 06-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Syzle
Senior User
Syclone

The motor is the 4.9 right? In the Syclone. Just curious.

Old 06-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Syzle
Senior User
Syclone

Oh wait, no its not A buddy of mine has a typhoon. Impressive vehicles! Yes they are limited to 120. They've got the turbocharged 4.3Ls in them I believe. His is pretty bad.. He can hit the brake, gas it until the turbo is wound up, let go of the brakes and put the pedal to the floor and TAKE OFF, and no loss of traction, for an SUV, WOW! 0-60 in 5 seconds stock.. his is pretty bad he got an ecu and some kind of sensor out of a turbo trans am for more boost capabilities and that sucker is pretty impressive.. and its not just the AWD that makes them quick, it has great, great, great acceleration in the top end too.. and I think aren't the stock 1/4 times mid 13s? Their claim to fame is better acceleration than a Ferrari.. I don't remember which model though. But anyways... talk to you later guys.

Old 07-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Spdalit
New User
Syclone

Sorry pal, but any day is not this one! I saw a bone stock, I mean everything, right down to the pressure in the tires, '99 Lightning run a 13.65 against a bone stock 10,000 mi. Sy. The Sy ran a 13.82. I know bwcause I driving the Syclone. It was one of my buddies. The Lightning was one of my friends too. Got the timeslip to prove it. Love the Ty/Sy bros, but I love my Lightning more. By the way it was a 40 degree day at the old SIR in WA. Good topic, though, I love debates!

Old 07-01-2002, 02:40 PM
PrimoFord
New User
Syclone

Did the Syclone get you off the line? The Lightnings probably pull away real nice towards the end of the track, the only thing slowing them down at the beginning would be traction.

Old 07-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Lightning2Fast
Senior User
Syclone

besides traction the lightnings have a seroius weight problem to deal with

Old 09-15-2002, 12:44 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Syclone

Its obvious that we have a couple of trolls here... yeah... "you love fast Fords but..." and you just happen to have a [font color=blue]S[/font][font color=purple]n[/font][font color=green]o[/font][font color=red]w[/font][font color=orange]c[/font][font color=blue]o[/font][font color=purple]n[/font][font color=green]e[/font] and your first post is on a thread about it. Just us a break... This is a Ford site, not a Chevy/GM troll site. I know I don't have to go to Chevy sites to brag about Ford's ---- must be some sort of inferiority complex the [font color=blue]S[/font][font color=purple]n[/font][font color=green]o[/font][font color=red]w[/font][font color=orange]c[/font][font color=blue]o[/font][font color=purple]n[/font][font color=green]e[/font] owners have.

Quick Reply: Syclone