6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

spartan archived tunes who likes what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
6LPSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile spartan archived tunes who likes what?

hey guys got all the tunes from Spartans archives from some good guys here:

Index of /~amon/tunes

my strat is the vxcf4 type

what are safe to run towing and just for a little more mpg from the engine to keep the heads happy and egr from blowing up?

1. Stock+ 20HP - "tweaked" stock calibration
<o></o>2. Heavy Tow w Engine Brake 40HP - safe to tow Max GVWR of vehicle,

with turbocharger exhaust braking
<o></o>3. Max Economy - designed for maximum fuel economy; no assigned

power or tow ratings

thanks for any input.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Stock + I used it one day. Noticable power difference. I used gen street a few days.. Throttle response is Improved drastically. This tune seems hotter than agressive street. The truck runs extremely well and seems to accelerate faster in the higher mph's. Also since I didn't run a full tank thru on this tune I used the lie-o-meter to gauge economy at highway speed and it seems best based on a at speed reset and run for 10 miles. The agressive street is what I use as my dd curently and it is very predictable throttle response is not as good as gen/street but better thab stock. It has plenty of power if I step into it but shifting is better in my opinion over all. (The gen street I noticed would have trouble shifting when I would be hard into the throttle to pass or when entering a on ramp where I didn't make it quite to a wot shift point and kind of hang out in a gear for a while 5-8 seconds before. Upshifting).... Haven't towed much of anything heavy so I haven't used the towing programs... Also I have shyed away from ultra comp and hybrid race because I haven't studded my truck and I don't have gauges yet. I also use it reasonable to avoid tearing it up till I decide on what I'm doing for gauges.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
hangon2me
Senior User
I am running Aggressive Street Economy as my daily driver. Shifting is nice and crisp. Fuel economy is now 20 before it was 14 freeway (lie-o-meter).
I have Gauges and have not hit past 1200 and 30 PSI boost.
I first installed Mild Street Economy and it was awesome, shifting not as crisp. Power is impressive, not like Aggressive Street.
No ARP head studs, I was informed not to go above Aggressive Street and be careful towing not to over boost.
I purchased my (SCT X3) on Monday so I have little to go on.
So far so good.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad people appreciate me posting the tunes

I like MSE for a daily driver, it shifts better than ASE and Hybrid Race for me and gives the best overall mileage.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
dcaddi2
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally have no experience with those 3 tunes you highlighted, but I wanted to load up the tow with engine break, and it said that it's not compatible. I don't have an exhaust brake, so I'm not sure if it's that or just some bug in it.
I use Innovative Extreme Street right now like a DD, but I like Spartan Hybrid Race much-much more. I think it's a great tune, real stiff shifting, perfect power-band, lovely tune, but I wouldn't recommend to run without studs. A little-bit heavier foot can nail your boost to 30psi in less than a second.
I personally wouldn't recommend any tune's without at least gauges - I did run them though -, even with a "low" powered tunes can surprise you - I just noticed after I installed my gauges how the numbers move up and down.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
jsimon724
Elder User
Tried the max economy - shifted like s#*t - maybe it's just my truck, don't know for sure. Ran the MSE for a couple tanks and got the worst mileage I've ever seen (and I wasn't foot to the floor the whole time either -drove it like I normally do). Tried ASE and like it a lot better - really responsive and reasonable mileage. Just switched over to stock +, not enough time to really tell, but after running the ASE tune for a while, truck feels sluggish. Gonna leave it on for a little bit just to see what the mileage is like.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:43 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck doesn't like the max economy tune. I like the hybrid race tune for a daily driver. i also like the agressive street. The ultra comp kicks butt. My truck will get 3rd gear rubber with it. The towing tunes run ok. The 20 hp stock + seems way more than 20 hp.

Yes I am addicted to the power. For info my truck ran a 9.27 @ 72.31 mph in the 1/8 mile last sunday. This was with the hybrid race tune with my truck probably weighing close to 9k. I hqad a full tank of fuel and 1/4 tank in my 91 gal aux tank pluse a lot of other stuff in it.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:51 PM
ptr34
Senior User
i run the ultra everyday. love it. ran a 8.78 in the 1/8

Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
06powerstroke06
Senior User
I loaded sct tunes and spartan tunes last night. I ran the sct tunes to walmart to get the cord to hook my sf3 up to the computer and wow! it was way diffrent than my edge evo. the power came on faster than the edge. Then i loaded the ASE and MSE, That was even a biger change! ASE has plenty of power for me. My truck isnt studed so im not going any higher than that. Truck shiifted a little funny a few times but nothing that bothers me that much. Props to spartan!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:07 AM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Anyone have any archived tunes for a VXAM7 stradegy?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't seen any, but I've heard of people using the VXAP0 tunes without problems.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 AM
rcherry11
Senior User
Originally Posted by cartmanea
Glad people appreciate me posting the tunes

I like MSE for a daily driver, it shifts better than ASE and Hybrid Race for me and gives the best overall mileage.
Cartmanea Thanks man I was going to download them from spartan and then they were gone.
I loaded up the Hybrid Race,ASE, and MSE. I took a trip to St. George UT. all highway and did see any difference in the milage from the ASE or the MSE tunes I got 15.25 mpg. I did notice on the MSE going up hills that the turbo really would get up there 32psi (scared me alittle being I don't have studs). The three tunes really make the turbo work, the boost goes up quick don't really see much over 26psi at WOT and with just the Banks I would see 30psi. The Spartan Tunes really fill good (shifting and power) I like them much better then the Banks

Old 03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
blong2107
Senior User
I run the HR as a DD (unless I'm towing which I do alot of) but i've been itching to try the ultra comp who has used it any info and studded or not?

Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Do not use ultra comp without studs!It will be very expensive fun for a little while.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 PM
blong2107
Senior User
Originally Posted by brickie
Do not use ultra comp without studs!It will be very expensive fun for a little while.
I appreciate it brickie I do however have money for studs just don't have the time to do them and i'm kinda interested to see what the stockies will take.... do you have any experience with ultra comp at all on a non studded truck, or does anyone for that matter?

Quick Reply: spartan archived tunes who likes what?